PDA

View Full Version : wanted a baby kitten

Carmen
April 1st 06, 06:08 AM
prefer female and shorthair.

Or if your cat will have baby soon, let me know and I can reserve one:)

thanks.

Matthew AKA NMR
April 1st 06, 08:28 AM
May I ask is there a reason that you don't go to a local shelter to adopt
one

"Carmen" > wrote in message
> prefer female and shorthair.
>
> Or if your cat will have baby soon, let me know and I can reserve one:)
>
> thanks.

Gail
April 1st 06, 01:23 PM
Go to a shelter, as the other poster said. Or look on www.petfinder.com.
Many wonderful cats and kittens can be found there.
Gail
"Carmen" > wrote in message
> prefer female and shorthair.
>
> Or if your cat will have baby soon, let me know and I can reserve one:)
>
> thanks.

Charlie Wilkes
April 1st 06, 01:26 PM
On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 07:28:39 GMT, "Matthew AKA NMR"
> wrote:

>May I ask is there a reason that you don't go to a local shelter to adopt
>one

It's more interesting to adopt a cat through the offices of this
group.

Charlie

>"Carmen" > wrote in message
>> prefer female and shorthair.
>>
>> Or if your cat will have baby soon, let me know and I can reserve one:)
>>
>> thanks.

April 1st 06, 04:25 PM
Please go to the shelter. Those cats and kittens have been abandoned.
Except in a few no-kill shelters, even kittens are euthanized if the shelter
needs the room or they've been there too long.

An alternative is to visit your local Petsmart or Petco. They do not sell
kittens, but allow local shelters to sponsor adoption days. My best friend
found a wonderful kitten from the local Animal Rescue at Petsmart. (You pay
the regular adoption fee, but the store makes no profit.)

-- maryjane

"Gail" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Go to a shelter, as the other poster said. Or look on www.petfinder.com.
> Many wonderful cats and kittens can be found there.
> Gail
> "Carmen" > wrote in message
>> prefer female and shorthair.
>>
>> Or if your cat will have baby soon, let me know and I can reserve one:)
>>
>> thanks.

CatNipped
April 1st 06, 04:47 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 07:28:39 GMT, "Matthew AKA NMR"
> > wrote:
>
>>May I ask is there a reason that you don't go to a local shelter to adopt
>>one
>
> It's more interesting to adopt a cat through the offices of this
> group.

ROTFLMAO!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

> Charlie
>>
>>"Carmen" > wrote in message
>>> prefer female and shorthair.
>>>
>>> Or if your cat will have baby soon, let me know and I can reserve one:)
>>>
>>> thanks.

cybercat
April 1st 06, 05:45 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 07:28:39 GMT, "Matthew AKA NMR"
> > wrote:
>
> >May I ask is there a reason that you don't go to a local shelter to adopt
> >one
>
> It's more interesting to adopt a cat through the offices of this
> group.

hork! :)

April 2nd 06, 12:22 AM
"D." > wrote in message
link.net...
> In article >,
> > wrote:
>
>> An alternative is to visit your local Petsmart or Petco. They do not
>> sell
>> kittens, but allow local shelters to sponsor adoption days. My best
>> friend
>> found a wonderful kitten from the local Animal Rescue at Petsmart. (You
>> pay
>> the regular adoption fee, but the store makes no profit.)
>
> Well, of course they make a profit! Because your furry new
> master/mistress will require food, toys, scratching posts, beds,
> litterbox, litter, litter scooper, etc., etc., ;)
>
> (Bless them for sponsoring these adoption days rather than selling
> puppies and kittens.)
>
> --

Well.... yes obviously. But at my local Petsmart they still have full time
employees who handle all the adoption paper work, take care of the animals
until they are adopted (at least the cats - they have 6-8 permanent display
kennels for cats), etc. The smaller animal rescue organizations can then
devote their money to the animals and not spend it on advertising/displaying
the kitties.)

-- maryjane

Lesley
April 5th 06, 10:56 AM

> Well, of course they make a profit! Because your furry new
> master/mistress will require food, toys, scratching posts, beds,
> litterbox, litter, litter scooper, etc., etc., ;)

Toys! Yesterday being the Furballs birthday they got yet another mousie
and a feather onna stick (Sarrasine is in love with it) and last night
I noticed a local shop had a display of interesting looking cat toys so
I am going to go and have a look today!

This is on top of 3 or 4 mousies, 3 balls, a Scratch and play...a
hundred rolled up bits of silver paper....

Someone is spoilt rotten and it isn't me!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs