PDA

View Full Version : Re: Caring for an 11 year old cat?

clyde furndyke
April 1st 06, 08:48 PM
Actually, 11 years for a cat amounts to only 60 years using the measuring
sticks they use to relate human and cat years. I say "only" because I am
63 and I don't feel like I am over the hill ;-)

See http://cats.about.com/cs/healthissues/a/agechart.htm for this and other
information.

I have never had a cat that lived to be less than 15 years old. I
currently have two cats, or maybe I should say my wife has two cats, and
they are 11 and very healthy, but down right ornery to each other.

I used to have a neighbor that would go on extended trips around the
Country and would leave their cat "Snoopy" to fend for himself. The
neighbors took care of Snoopy, during these five or six week trips. When
they moved from the neighborhood they abandonded Snoopy and never came back
for him. Snoopy was adopted by another family in the neighborhood and is
still a real joy to have around. I personally think he really interviewed
all possiblities for permanent housing and took his choice.

The people who abandoned him are both now pushing up daises.

Enjoy your pet!