PDA

View Full Version : It's official!


-L.
April 4th 06, 07:21 AM
r.p.c.h+b has officially died. Long live r.p.c.h+b!

-L.

John Doe
April 4th 06, 09:21 AM
I don't get it.


"-L." <gentleboa peacemail.com> wrote:

> Path: newssvr29.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst02.news.prod igy.com!prodigy.com!newscon02.news.prodigy.com!pro digy.net!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!t31g20 00cwb.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
> From: "-L." <gentleboa peacemail.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: It's official!
> Date: 3 Apr 2006 23:21:33 -0700
> Organization: http://groups.google.com
> Lines: 4
> Message-ID: <1144131693.301791.55810 t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 71.56.158.8
> Mime-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> X-Trace: posting.google.com 1144131700 5757 127.0.0.1 (4 Apr 2006 06:21:40 GMT)
> X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse google.com
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 06:21:40 +0000 (UTC)
> User-Agent: G2/0.2
> X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
> Complaints-To: groups-abuse google.com
> Injection-Info: t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com; posting-host=71.56.158.8; posting-account=Ja5CUA0AAACPtai2LskLQ_I2ceHnxSnn
> Xref: prodigy.net rec.pets.cats.health+behav:428863
>
> r.p.c.h+b has officially died. Long live r.p.c.h+b!
>
> -L.
>
>
>

April 4th 06, 10:24 PM
John Doe > wrote:

>I don't get it.
>

The King is dead. Long live the King.

-mhd

Freight Train Jones
April 5th 06, 05:54 AM
-L. wrote:

> Put that cheese down! That's Nacho cheese!
> -L.

lol

http://barryparrish.com/socruel.mp3

sey my naime!

better not laugh

Freight Train Jones
April 5th 06, 05:59 AM
-L. wrote:
> Freight Train Jones wrote:

> > IT'S THE BLIND LEADIN THE BLIND
>
> Put that cheese down! That's Nacho cheese!
> -L.

U2

We crossed the line
Who pushed who over?
It doesn't matter to you
It matters to me

We're cut adrift
But still floating
I'm only hanging on
To watch you go down...my love

I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted
It wasn't what you wanted

The men who love you, you hate the most
They pass through you like a ghost
They look for you but your spirit is in the air
Baby...you're nowhere

You say in love there are no rules
Sweetheart
You're so cruel

Desparation is a tender trap
It gets you every time
You put your lips to her lips
To stop the lie

Her skin is pale like god's only dove
Screams like an angel for your love
Then she makes you watch her from above
And you need her like a drug

You say in love there are no rules
Sweetheart
You're so cruel

She wears my love
Like a see-through dress
Her lips say one thing
Her movements something else
Oh love
Like a screamin g flower
Love
Dying every hour

And you don't know if it's fear or desire
Danger of a drug that takes you high er?
Head of heaven
Fingers in the mire

Her heart is racing... you can't keep up
The night is bleeding like a cut
Between the horses of love and lust
In a trampled underfoot

You say in love there are no rules
Sweetheart
You're so cruel

To stay with you I'd be a fool
Sweetheart
You're so cruel.

Rhonda
April 5th 06, 06:44 AM
Hey L,

Is it really dead, or still alive (hence the "long live" sentiment?)

It's late.

Rhonda

-L. wrote:

> r.p.c.h+b has officially died. Long live r.p.c.h+b!
>
> -L.
>
>

cybercat
April 5th 06, 01:37 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
...
> Hey L,
>
> Is it really dead, or still alive (hence the "long live" sentiment?)
>
> It's late.
>
Looks fine to me.


*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***

cybercat
April 5th 06, 01:51 PM
"Freight Train Jones" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> -L. wrote:
> > Freight Train Jones wrote:
>
> > > IT'S THE BLIND LEADIN THE BLIND
> >
> > Put that cheese down! That's Nacho cheese!
> > -L.
>
> U2
>
> We crossed the line
> Who pushed who over?
> It doesn't matter to you
> It matters to me
>
> We're cut adrift
> But still floating
> I'm only hanging on
> To watch you go down...my love
>
> I disappeared in you
> You disappeared from me
> I gave you everything you ever wanted
> It wasn't what you wanted
>
> The men who love you, you hate the most
> They pass through you like a ghost
> They look for you but your spirit is in the air
> Baby...you're nowhere
>
> You say in love there are no rules
> Sweetheart
> You're so cruel
>
> Desparation is a tender trap
> It gets you every time
> You put your lips to her lips
> To stop the lie
>
> Her skin is pale like god's only dove
> Screams like an angel for your love
> Then she makes you watch her from above
> And you need her like a drug
>
> You say in love there are no rules
> Sweetheart
> You're so cruel
>
> She wears my love
> Like a see-through dress
> Her lips say one thing
> Her movements something else
> Oh love
> Like a screamin g flower
> Love
> Dying every hour
>
> And you don't know if it's fear or desire
> Danger of a drug that takes you high er?
> Head of heaven
> Fingers in the mire
>
> Her heart is racing... you can't keep up
> The night is bleeding like a cut
> Between the horses of love and lust
> In a trampled underfoot
>
> You say in love there are no rules
> Sweetheart
> You're so cruel
>
> To stay with you I'd be a fool
> Sweetheart
> You're so cruel.
>

I love this song for the poetic lyrics.

But I wonder how it can be that the
author is so damned blameless?

I wonder why he doesn't suspect that
it is something in him that keeps her
holding herself apart?

I suspect it might be the thing in him
that allows him to say:

"I'm only hanging on
To watch you go down...my love"

Souunds to me like she's no sucker

And he is feeling sorry for himself.

But what a fine writer. Did Bono write this?
Does he write all of them?


*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***

cybercat
April 5th 06, 02:56 PM
"Freight Train Jones" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> cybercat wrote:
>
> > "I'm only hanging on
> > To watch you go down...my love"
> >
> > Souunds to me like she's no sucker
> >
> > And he is feeling sorry for himself.
>
> They are
>
> cut adrift but still floating
>
> they are
>
> both going down!

No, that's just him performing emotional
blackmail.


>
> as in... remember the Titanic? Rose watched Jack go down
> it's not some petty idea that finds satisfaction in saying, haha
> ~~

The nature of poetry (and that is what these lyrics are)
dictates that it is open to interpretation. You have no way
of knowing what Bono meant, any more than I do.
Therefore your interpretation is no more valid than
mine.

To me, he sounds grasping, bitter, and vindictive,
feeling free to judge her blaming her and yet refusing
to look at himself critically.He prefers to be a tragic
figure, rather than act constructively to figure out how
he has alienated her. The logic goes, "if she has
withdrawn from me she must do that with everyone."

Humbug.

But more importantly: blueberry whole wheat waffles
and bacon and good, strong coffee.

After work I'll be on the road, hopefully before closing
time.





*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***