PDA

View Full Version : New to the group, and with a problem

m4816k
April 4th 06, 05:37 PM
A few days ago I've noticed that my cat (male, 1 year old, never ill before)
is sneezing. I thought "OK, these days lots of people sneeze too, weather
changes often and it's windy, no big deal.". But this morning I noticed he
got diarrhea and secretion from the nose, as well as wattery eyes. He also
refuses food, even the one he never refused before. Considering the fact
that he's not an indoor cat, I thought he may have eaten something bad while
he was outside last night (even though I have no idea why would he,
considering everything he has at home), but he doesen't vomit, so I wouldn't
say it's food poisoning. Of course, he's a bit less active, but not
completely lethargic. Any ideas or advice? Thank you in advance!

Anna via CatKB.com
April 4th 06, 06:06 PM
>A few days ago I've noticed that my cat (male, 1 year old, never ill before)
>is sneezing. I thought "OK, these days lots of people sneeze too, weather
>changes often and it's windy, no big deal.". But this morning I noticed he
>got diarrhea and secretion from the nose, as well as wattery eyes. He also
>refuses food, even the one he never refused before. Considering the fact
>that he's not an indoor cat, I thought he may have eaten something bad while
>he was outside last night (even though I have no idea why would he,
>considering everything he has at home), but he doesen't vomit, so I wouldn't
>say it's food poisoning. Of course, he's a bit less active, but not
>completely lethargic. Any ideas or advice? Thank you in advance!

You need to get him to vet asap; he could have an upper respitory infection.
Also, not eating any food can cause him to get hepatic lipidosis (liver
disease) within a few days. I strongly suggest you call your vet now.

Anna via CatKB.com
April 4th 06, 06:25 PM
>You need to get him to vet asap; he could have an upper respitory infection.
>Also, not eating any food can cause him to get hepatic lipidosis (liver
>disease) within a few days. I strongly suggest you call your vet now.

Also, cats do not get colds from the weather (as people don't either); it is
a virus which is transmissable from other cats. If he had been given the
FVRCP vaccine, he should have had some protection from this virus - it offers
protection against rhinotracheitis and calici virus which are the upper
respitory viruses and panleukopenia (distemper).

Buddy
April 4th 06, 06:30 PM
Go to the vet today

lastcatstanding
April 4th 06, 08:32 PM
On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:37:39 +0200, "m4816k"
> wrote:

>A few days ago I've noticed that my cat (male, 1 year old, never ill before)
>is sneezing. I thought "OK, these days lots of people sneeze too, weather
>changes often and it's windy, no big deal.". But this morning I noticed he
>got diarrhea and secretion from the nose, as well as wattery eyes. He also
>refuses food, even the one he never refused before. Considering the fact
>that he's not an indoor cat, I thought he may have eaten something bad while
>he was outside last night (even though I have no idea why would he,
>considering everything he has at home), but he doesen't vomit, so I wouldn't
>say it's food poisoning. Of course, he's a bit less active, but not
>completely lethargic. Any ideas or advice? Thank you in advance!

Yeah, Watch out for Jon Young, he's a kiddy rapist. And John Doe will
say you're a troll.

J Young
April 4th 06, 09:04 PM
lastratstanding wrote:

> Yeah, Watch out for Jon Young, he's outed me as a kiddy rapist.

Yer catching on,
JimDandyInTheFescue/Alchemist/B/C/T/A/Lamey/lastratstanding!

Now, back to alt.support.boy-lovers with you, ya perv!

--
----------

J Young

Deuteros
April 5th 06, 01:00 AM
"m4816k" > wrote in
:

> A few days ago I've noticed that my cat (male, 1 year old, never ill
> before) is sneezing. I thought "OK, these days lots of people sneeze
> too, weather changes often and it's windy, no big deal.". But this
> morning I noticed he got diarrhea and secretion from the nose, as well
> as wattery eyes. He also refuses food, even the one he never refused
> before. Considering the fact that he's not an indoor cat, I thought he
> may have eaten something bad while he was outside last night (even
> though I have no idea why would he, considering everything he has at
> home), but he doesen't vomit, so I wouldn't say it's food poisoning. Of
> course, he's a bit less active, but not completely lethargic. Any ideas
> or advice? Thank you in advance!

If you suck his dick and ream his asshole you will probably notice a change.

IBen Getiner
April 7th 06, 07:04 AM
m4816k wrote:
> A few days ago I've noticed that my cat (male, 1 year old, never ill before)
> is sneezing. I thought "OK, these days lots of people sneeze too, weather
> changes often and it's windy, no big deal.". But this morning I noticed he
> got diarrhea and secretion from the nose, as well as wattery eyes. He also
> refuses food, even the one he never refused before. Considering the fact
> that he's not an indoor cat, I thought he may have eaten something bad while
> he was outside last night (even though I have no idea why would he,
> considering everything he has at home), but he doesen't vomit, so I wouldn't
> say it's food poisoning. Of course, he's a bit less active, but not
> completely lethargic. Any ideas or advice? Thank you in advance!

One of our Yorkies started sneezing very hard, while at the same time
smashing his head against the carpet. It was quite a puzzling feet to
watch until I noticed a small pointed tip of a blade of grass appearing
out of one of his nostrils. I pulled it out and it ended up being a 8
inch piece of ****ing sawgrass! Maybe your boy ate some grass for a
snack? Kitties will chomp on anything, you know..

IBen