PDA

View Full Version : Q abt Toys

ensoul
April 5th 06, 01:08 AM
We have two brothers, fixed indoor cats, easily bored

we have bought them numerous toys but they destroy them, like Da bird,
bite of the end, anything on string/strand they bite it off...I do have
that round thing with ball that goes round and cardboard inside, they
love that

they aren't big on they soft mice, catnip makes Rudy aggresive and Moe
fall asleep

I really want to get them one of those tall things to climb on but
they're so expensive and nobody here is handy with tools, really it's
impossible for us to built one...walmart had one for $35 but we'd be
lucky if half of one of cats would fit on it, they're big boys, in
length, height. and weight

and ideas?

yes they do have a go tall straching post at least

ensoul

xkatx
April 5th 06, 01:19 AM
"ensoul" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> We have two brothers, fixed indoor cats, easily bored
>
> we have bought them numerous toys but they destroy them, like Da bird,
> bite of the end, anything on string/strand they bite it off...I do have
> that round thing with ball that goes round and cardboard inside, they
> love that
>
> they aren't big on they soft mice, catnip makes Rudy aggresive and Moe
> fall asleep
>
> I really want to get them one of those tall things to climb on but
> they're so expensive and nobody here is handy with tools, really it's
> impossible for us to built one...walmart had one for $35 but we'd be
> lucky if half of one of cats would fit on it, they're big boys, in
> length, height. and weight
>
> and ideas?
>
> yes they do have a go tall straching post at least
>
> ensoul

Our cat seems to love the little plastic rings that come off of a milk
jug... Seems a few people have said their cats enjoy those... Might be worth
a shot if you don't mind picking up milk jug rings every now and then, and
you might have to watch that your cats don't eat it... Also, our cat loves
to play with bags... Paper bags, plastic bags... Again, watch with bags,
especially the plastic ones, as we've had our cat stick half her body
through the plastic bag handle and walk around for 5 minutes toting a
plastic shopping bag around her waist... Then again, our cat is fairly small
and far from being a big or fat cat.
Other than that, ours doesn't care much for toys either... Those little mice
are torn to pieces in half an hour, that's assuming she even has half an
hour within a few days of interest in them. Little cat balls aren't too hot
with our cat since they're the same story as the toy mice. A shoelace with
a small bell seems to be fun for about 20 minutes if hung from a chair or
the table, and she seems to really like to play with the baby's socks...
I dunno... Cats are either easy to please or impossible to please.
Normally, though, they're impossible to please.
Silly Sally does, however, love the milk jug rings and bags. Cheap and
seems to keep her amused for quite some time.

Buddy
April 5th 06, 01:26 AM
Seems like cats are like little kids - they like the cheap stuff. Try
rubber bands - my cat loves them. Throws them in the air, jumps on
them, carries them around. Also strings from your pj's, etc. loves
strings of all sorts. Small pieces of foil rolled into a ball, little
cotton ball type of toys. Things that are light weight that they can
throw in the air. And, of course, if Mommy and Daddy are taking an
active part in the play time routine!!

MaryL
April 5th 06, 11:42 PM
"Buddy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Seems like cats are like little kids - they like the cheap stuff. Try
> rubber bands - my cat loves them.

No, No, No!!! Please remove all rubber bands at once. Cats do love them,
but they can become lethal -- and I mean that literally, not figuratively.
Rubber bands (and also pieces of string, ribbon, etc.) are often swallowed,
and they can be come entwined in a cat's intestines. They really are
potentially deadly objects.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

---MIKE---
April 6th 06, 12:00 AM
Buddy wrote:

>Try rubber bands - my cat loves them.
> Throws them in the air, jumps on them,
> carries them around. Also strings from
> your pj's, etc. loves strings of all sorts.

I'm afraid that is not good advice. If a cat swallows a rubber band or
a piece of string it could cause a serious problem possibly requiring
surgery. Those items should be carefully stored where the cats can't
get to them.

---MIKE---