PDA

View Full Version : Re: What were pet dogs and cats fed before commercial food?

edie humperdink
April 7th 06, 01:31 AM
I remember an old cat who would drink out of cow's udders.

Danek
April 11th 06, 04:29 AM
A reminder that Purina didn't come over on the Mayflower. Commercial food
is a convenience however it is crap.

April 11th 06, 04:28 PM
Danek wrote:
> A reminder that Purina didn't come over on the Mayflower. Commercial food
> is a convenience however it is crap.

I bet when cats where kept more as working animals rather than pampered
pets and had to hunt (as well as being fed a mimimal amount of human
food) they didn't get half as much tooth decay, diabetes, and other
diseases caused by excessive overeating, and the sugar that's
presumably in canned food. My grandfather used to keep cats because he
had a grocer shop in Leeds, but he used to drown the kittens (we are
talking 70 years ago) - my mum said it used to give her nightmares when
he did it, but they didn't neuter (or couldn't afford it) in those
days. I wonder what age they lived to, on the one hand they didn't
have access to modern technology like they do now, but must have led a
healthier life, with more exercise and better food, remind you of
another species?

Marcia

Claude V. Lucas
April 12th 06, 12:05 PM
Minced newsgroup trolls

lastcatstanding
April 12th 06, 01:59 PM
On 12 Apr 2006 11:05:50 GMT, (Claude V. Lucas)
wrote:

>Minced newsgroup trolls
Drinking again?