PDA

View Full Version : cats suddenly ignoring me

ensoul
April 8th 06, 04:01 AM
why would they do that? 2 brothers, a year old....I always do the
feeding, 1st one up...I have chronic insomnia and they used to keep me
company, every time I was on the computer one of them was on my
lap....they won't even play with me

worse thing I've ever done to Moe & Rudy is use a squirt gun on them
but so has hubby, Moe cringes now when I go to pet him...Rudy used to
love to snuggle with me and rub his face against mine...no more

they aren't this way w/my hubby

I had Sam cat for 15 yrs, Rick (hubby) loved her but only had been with
her for 5 of those yrs, he started pushing for another cat about 7
months after her death...He tells me I should be over her by now

I do love Moe & Rudy, it's just not up to what it was with Sam,
yet......think it's me giving off bad vibes? but we've had them for 5
months now and they just started this a week ago

I still make every effort with them; give them cat treats, try just
talking to them, I'm not a loud person always sweet talk them and when
they eat I can get a few pets in

I get a toy, they like interactive toys and try playing with them, no
go...they drag it with their mouths over to Rick

Why this sudden change?

Any idea's?

ensoul

John Doe
April 8th 06, 04:11 AM
"ensoul" > wrote:

> why would they do that?

> Why this sudden change?

Did you mention weather? Cats enjoy a warm body when it's cold, they
seem more aloof when it's warm.

Good luck.

Joe Canuck
April 8th 06, 04:21 AM
ensoul wrote:
> why would they do that? 2 brothers, a year old....I always do the
> feeding, 1st one up...I have chronic insomnia and they used to keep me
> company, every time I was on the computer one of them was on my
> lap....they won't even play with me
>
> worse thing I've ever done to Moe & Rudy is use a squirt gun on them
> but so has hubby, Moe cringes now when I go to pet him...Rudy used to
> love to snuggle with me and rub his face against mine...no more
>
> they aren't this way w/my hubby
>
> I had Sam cat for 15 yrs, Rick (hubby) loved her but only had been with
> her for 5 of those yrs, he started pushing for another cat about 7
> months after her death...He tells me I should be over her by now
>
> I do love Moe & Rudy, it's just not up to what it was with Sam,
> yet......think it's me giving off bad vibes? but we've had them for 5
> months now and they just started this a week ago
>
> I still make every effort with them; give them cat treats, try just
> talking to them, I'm not a loud person always sweet talk them and when
> they eat I can get a few pets in
>
> I get a toy, they like interactive toys and try playing with them, no
> go...they drag it with their mouths over to Rick
>
> Why this sudden change?
>
> Any idea's?
>

> ensoul

Anything changed in the household? ...anything at all?

Freight Train Jones
April 8th 06, 04:24 AM
ensoul wrote:
> ensoul

hate to offer this, but you're too needy
they have capacities

just "pretend" you don't care if they visit or not

they'll be back

:)

Freight Train Jones
April 8th 06, 04:26 AM
ensoul wrote:
> why would they do that? 2 brothers, a year old....I always do the

sheeeet better still, go into the highways and the biways,
and bring in the hungry the naked and the poor cats

they will suffocate you with love

FREIGHT TRANE JONES!!!!

ON THE SCENE

cybercat
April 8th 06, 05:30 AM
"ensoul" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> why would they do that?

Pick up the telephone and call someone, or ...

Go sit on the toilet.

They will flock to you.

Freight Train Jones
April 8th 06, 05:34 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Pick up the telephone and call someone, or ...
>
> Go sit on the toilet.
>
> They will flock to you.

lol

Joe Canuck
April 8th 06, 05:36 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "ensoul" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> why would they do that?
>

> Pick up the telephone and call someone, or ...
>
> Go sit on the toilet.
>
> They will flock to you.

I shut the door.

My cat howls while sitting outside the door.

I let her in, then in a few minutes she is howling to get out.

I understand why. :-D

Barb
April 8th 06, 05:42 PM
The posters haven't read all of your letter. Cats being busy and ignoring
you is one thing but cringing when you near them is something else. You
wrote that Moe cringes when you go to pet him.

When you squirted the cats were you very mad at something they did? Maybe
your anger has upset them. I don't think squirting, alone, would do it.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

cybercat
April 8th 06, 08:28 PM
"Freight Train Jones" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > Pick up the telephone and call someone, or ...
> >
> > Go sit on the toilet.
> >
> > They will flock to you.
>
> lol

My baby Gracie kisses my toes while I am seated on
the Porcelain Throne. :) Little kitty licks that tell me
that I am the Queen of her Heart, the opener of the cat
food, the cleaner of the cat box. On the toilet, I have
the Power!

Freight Train Jones
April 8th 06, 08:42 PM
ensoul wrote:
> why would they do that?

maybe you've been talking in your sleep

FTJ

Freight Train Jones
April 8th 06, 08:43 PM
cybercat wrote:

> My baby Gracie kisses my toes while I am seated on
> the Porcelain Throne. :) Little kitty licks that tell me
> that I am the Queen of her Heart, the opener of the cat
> food, the cleaner of the cat box. On the toilet, I have
> the Power!

that ol black magic

cybercat
April 8th 06, 09:03 PM
"Freight Train Jones" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > My baby Gracie kisses my toes while I am seated on
> > the Porcelain Throne. :) Little kitty licks that tell me
> > that I am the Queen of her Heart, the opener of the cat
> > food, the cleaner of the cat box. On the toilet, I have
> > the Power!
>
> that ol black magic

heh. I think I need a scepter and a crown. Maybe an ermine cape.

IBen Getiner
April 9th 06, 07:04 AM
ensoul wrote:
> why would they do that? 2 brothers, a year old....I always do the
> feeding, 1st one up...I have chronic insomnia and they used to keep me
> company, every time I was on the computer one of them was on my
> lap....they won't even play with me
>
> worse thing I've ever done to Moe & Rudy is use a squirt gun on them
> but so has hubby, Moe cringes now when I go to pet him...Rudy used to
> love to snuggle with me and rub his face against mine...no more
>
> they aren't this way w/my hubby
>
> I had Sam cat for 15 yrs, Rick (hubby) loved her but only had been with
> her for 5 of those yrs, he started pushing for another cat about 7
> months after her death...He tells me I should be over her by now
>
> I do love Moe & Rudy, it's just not up to what it was with Sam,
> yet......think it's me giving off bad vibes? but we've had them for 5
> months now and they just started this a week ago
>
> I still make every effort with them; give them cat treats, try just
> talking to them, I'm not a loud person always sweet talk them and when
> they eat I can get a few pets in
>
> I get a toy, they like interactive toys and try playing with them, no
> go...they drag it with their mouths over to Rick
>
> Why this sudden change?
>
> Any idea's?
>

> ensoul

It's all in your mind. Seek professional help. That's my advice..

Pet Diary & Photos at www.verany.com
April 9th 06, 07:24 PM
I'd play with them more often, not doing what I want but what THEY
want, what THEY like!
Before feeding call them and pet them!
They DO care about those who feed them!
So, don't just feed them, use the feeding to make a connection with
your kitties.

IBen Getiner
April 11th 06, 10:41 PM
IBen Getiner wrote:

> It's all in your mind. Seek professional help. That's my advice..

Oh, and speaking of being ignored....

I should add that "professional help" did me little good. I'm 52 years
old, unemployed, a drunk, and live in my mother's trailer.

I still have uncontrolled rage, molest my cat, post under numerous
juvenile nicknames, and have sexual fantasies about the cute guys in
Brokeback Mountain.

In short, I'm a Loser with a capitol "L".

Someone put me out of my misery. Please.

IBen

lastcatstanding
April 12th 06, 07:08 AM
On 11 Apr 2006 14:41:54 -0700, "IBen Getiner" >
wrote:

>IBen Getiner wrote:
>
>> It's all in your mind. Seek professional help. That's my advice..
>
>Oh, and speaking of being ignored....
>
>I should add that "professional help" did me little good. I'm 52 years
>old, unemployed, a drunk, and live in my mother's trailer.
>
>I still have uncontrolled rage, molest my cat, post under numerous
>juvenile nicknames, and have sexual fantasies about the cute guys in
>Brokeback Mountain.
>
>In short, I'm a Loser with a capitol "L".
>
>Someone put me out of my misery. Please.
>
>IBen

Sounds like Jon Young to me.

J Young
April 12th 06, 03:40 PM
lastratstanding wrote:
> On 11 Apr 2006 14:41:54 -0700, "IBen Getiner" >
> wrote:
>

> >IBen Getiner wrote:
> >
> >> It's all in your mind. Seek professional help. That's my advice..
> >
> >Oh, and speaking of being ignored....
> >
> >I should add that "professional help" did me little good. I'm 52 years
> >old, unemployed, a drunk, and live in my mother's trailer.
> >
> >I still have uncontrolled rage, molest my cat, post under numerous
> >juvenile nicknames, and have sexual fantasies about the cute guys in
> >Brokeback Mountain.
> >
> >In short, I'm a Loser with a capitol "L".
> >
> >Someone put me out of my misery. Please.
> >
> >IBen
>
> Sounds like me.

So kill yourself and be done with it, Rattie!

And quit molesting your son, sicko!

--

J Young