PDA

View Full Version : buck toothed brother cats

furfin
April 8th 06, 05:18 AM
I'm in love with two long haired black cats at the shelter I volunteer
at. Both have long fangs that protrude below the upper lip and a bit
over the lower lip. I've never seen this before...seems to be genetic.
Will they have dental problems later? Has anyone else seen a buck
toothed cat?

cybercat
April 8th 06, 05:29 AM
"furfin" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm in love with two long haired black cats at the shelter I volunteer
> at. Both have long fangs that protrude below the upper lip and a bit
> over the lower lip. I've never seen this before...seems to be genetic.
> Will they have dental problems later? Has anyone else seen a buck
> toothed cat?

I know one named Jasperduds. :) He is Siamese if you please.

This is very cute, you need to have these cats for your very own.

furfin
April 8th 06, 05:33 AM
AAaaarrggh you are naughty! Of course I want them for my very own. But
I live in a studio apartment with two cats, five small fish tanks, and
one boyfriend. I am afraid my cats might rebel if more showed up!

xkatx
April 8th 06, 07:38 AM
"furfin" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> AAaaarrggh you are naughty! Of course I want them for my very own. But
> I live in a studio apartment with two cats, five small fish tanks, and
> one boyfriend. I am afraid my cats might rebel if more showed up!

lol Either the cats will or the boyfriend will! ;)

furfin
April 8th 06, 08:09 AM
xkatx wrote:
> lol Either the cats will or the boyfriend will! ;)

Yes, I don't want anyone to freak out and start marking territory ;-)

Kitkat
April 8th 06, 05:51 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "furfin" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>I'm in love with two long haired black cats at the shelter I volunteer
>>at. Both have long fangs that protrude below the upper lip and a bit
>>over the lower lip. I've never seen this before...seems to be genetic.
>>Will they have dental problems later? Has anyone else seen a buck
>>toothed cat?
>>

> I know one named Jasperduds. :) He is Siamese if you please.
>
> This is very cute, you need to have these cats for your very own.

yup. my dudley has only fangs. the rest of his teeth were so rotted they
all had to be pulled! :(

I cant find any good fang pix of him, but here he is nonetheless...you
can KINDA see them in this buddha pose...

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/jasper_dudley/dscf0019.html

:)

cybercat
April 8th 06, 06:27 PM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
et...
> cybercat wrote:
> > "furfin" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >
> >>I'm in love with two long haired black cats at the shelter I volunteer
> >>at. Both have long fangs that protrude below the upper lip and a bit
> >>over the lower lip. I've never seen this before...seems to be genetic.
> >>Will they have dental problems later? Has anyone else seen a buck
> >>toothed cat?
> >>

> > I know one named Jasperduds. :) He is Siamese if you please.
> >
> > This is very cute, you need to have these cats for your very own.
> >

> yup. my dudley has only fangs. the rest of his teeth were so rotted they
> all had to be pulled! :(
>
> I cant find any good fang pix of him, but here he is nonetheless...you
> can KINDA see them in this buddha pose...

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/jasper_dudley/dscf0019.html

> :)

Yay, Jasperdude! Thinking "cat who curls on couch get lap of love" or
something equally inscrutable!

cybercat
April 8th 06, 06:28 PM
"D." > wrote

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/jasper_dudley/dscf0019.html

> It doesn't seem to have hurt his appetite! :)
>
> --

Hey hey hey, that's just a trick of the lighting. >: |

Jasper is buff!

Kitkat
April 9th 06, 12:02 AM
D. wrote:
> In article >,
> Kitkat > wrote:
>

>>yup. my dudley has only fangs. the rest of his teeth were so rotted they
>>all had to be pulled! :(
>>
>>I cant find any good fang pix of him, but here he is nonetheless...you
>>can KINDA see them in this buddha pose...
>>
>>http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/jasper_dudley/dscf0019.html
>

> It doesn't seem to have hurt his appetite! :)

Not in the *least*!!! That cat has QUITE an appetite!!!!

Kitkat
April 9th 06, 12:03 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "D." > wrote
>

> http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/jasper_dudley/dscf0019.html
>
>>It doesn't seem to have hurt his appetite! :)
>>
>>--
>

> Hey hey hey, that's just a trick of the lighting. >: |
>
> Jasper is buff!

LOL. He's a RUMPROAST!!!!

:)

cybercat
April 10th 06, 06:40 PM
"Iain Halder" > wrote in message
> We recently got a new kitten, TROY, who had two very large upper
> incisors. The lower ones were also quite long. It gave him a kind of
> rockabilly-sneering look which we thought was quite cute.

Heh, I can see this! How cute!

I am glad you had the work done so that he could be more comfortable,
though.

lastcatstanding
April 10th 06, 09:58 PM
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:40:18 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"Iain Halder" > wrote in message
>> We recently got a new kitten, TROY, who had two very large upper
>> incisors. The lower ones were also quite long. It gave him a kind of
>> rockabilly-sneering look which we thought was quite cute.
>>

>Heh, I can see this! How cute!
>
>I am glad you had the work done so that he could be more comfortable,
>though.

Hey, Got the mails. Nash will prolly answer tonight. Boo Boo looks
just like our Boo Boo from a couple years ago.

furfin
April 11th 06, 07:47 PM
All these funny teeth! Thanks for answering my post. Dudley is very
cute, and Dudley and the siamese sound very cute too. So many kitties
to love, so little space. I really wish I could adopt the buck toothed
boys, but not enough room! One of them is very agressive about getting
on the lap, while his brother seems as if he'd like to if only the
other one would let him. My two cats are more the independant
type...very sweet, but not lap kitties. I really want an lap kitty but
I adopted kittens and I got what I got. I love them both tons but if
any of you out there want a lap cat, take heed, adopt an adult!

furfin
April 11th 06, 07:47 PM
All these funny teeth! Thanks for answering my post. Dudley is very
cute, and Dudley and the siamese sound very cute too. So many kitties
to love, so little space. I really wish I could adopt the buck toothed
boys, but not enough room! One of them is very agressive about getting
on the lap, while his brother seems as if he'd like to if only the
other one would let him. My two cats are more the independant
type...very sweet, but not lap kitties. I really want an lap kitty but
I adopted kittens and I got what I got. I love them both tons but if
any of you out there want a lap cat, take heed, adopt an adult!

furfin
April 11th 06, 07:49 PM
sorry for the double post...also, I meant to say Troy sounds cute too!