PDA

View Full Version : Ruff turning gray

Cee White
April 9th 06, 04:46 AM
My 9 yr old cat's ruff is suddenly turning gray. This is
within a two week period. Each day there's more gray. Is this more
than old age? He eats a lot but is scrawny.
Thanks, Cath

Anna via CatKB.com
April 9th 06, 11:02 PM
> My 9 yr old cat's ruff is suddenly turning gray. This is
>within a two week period. Each day there's more gray. Is this more
>than old age? He eats a lot but is scrawny.

If he's eating a lot but is skinny he should be checked by vet for
hyperthyroidism. Should also get a complete blood profile which will reveal
kidney status, etc. He's a senior now so it's advisable to check these
things.