PDA

View Full Version : Anemic cat

deet
April 11th 06, 10:15 PM
My vet has informed that my 8 year-old cat is anemic. Other than,
keep up her usual diet, he said I could add chicken liver, which
could help the anemia.

Any suggestions on good foods for an anemic kitty. It can be people
food--I already cook and chop chicken to add to her cat food. She
eats Wellness, and Hill's chicken dinners and Fancy Feast Tender
beef.
Looking forward to your suggestions. TIA

__
deet

Anna via CatKB.com
April 11th 06, 10:29 PM
>My vet has informed that my 8 year-old cat is anemic. Other than,
> Looking forward to your suggestions. TIA

http://felinecrf.org/anaemia.htm

deet
April 12th 06, 03:39 AM
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:29:23 GMT, "Anna via CatKB.com" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>>My vet has informed that my 8 year-old cat is anemic. Other than,
>> Looking forward to your suggestions. TIA
>

>http://felinecrf.org/anaemia.htm

Thank you for referring me to that very informative article.
My vet prescribed one of the supplements mentioned
and added chicken liver would provide extra iron. I had intended
giving her some everyday, but fortunately I read that article, which
recommends twice weekly only.

__
deet

Rhonda
April 12th 06, 04:13 AM
The ten year old cat we got from the Humane Society was anemic when we
brought him home. The vet prescribed Petinic, a vitamin solution
available only at vet offices.

Bear did great on that -- it was a liquid we added to his food. We
didn't even have to buy a second bottle. I suppose there are many
different causes of anemia, but Bear has been fine since and he's age 14
now.

Rhonda

deet wrote:

> My vet has informed that my 8 year-old cat is anemic. Other than,
> keep up her usual diet, he said I could add chicken liver, which
> could help the anemia.
>
> Any suggestions on good foods for an anemic kitty. It can be people
> food--I already cook and chop chicken to add to her cat food. She
> eats Wellness, and Hill's chicken dinners and Fancy Feast Tender
> beef.
> Looking forward to your suggestions. TIA
>
> __
> deet

Anna via CatKB.com
April 12th 06, 05:05 PM
>Thank you for referring me to that very informative article.

Here's a support group too that you may find helpful.