PDA

View Full Version : Re: don't forget give your cat some grass

Freight Train Jones
April 13th 06, 11:53 PM
Freight Train Jones wrote:

oh sorry bout that...(i accidently poasted into the genius forum)
it was a mistake posting this here...
so now I cross post it...
--
I've been going outside and getting the tops of the new tender grass
and putting it along side the cat food...

Jupiter, my 5 month old, loves it!... she chomps it like a horse
she doesn't throw it up either...I also have one more cat, a 7 yr old
tabby... she doesn't eat any grass...

If I didn't have any grass in the yard, I would grow some inside
where they could get it at will.

cybercat
April 14th 06, 12:35 AM
"Freight Train Jones" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Freight Train Jones wrote:
>
> oh sorry bout that...(i accidently poasted into the genius forum)
> it was a mistake posting this here...
> so now I cross post it...
> --
> I've been going outside and getting the tops of the new tender grass
> and putting it along side the cat food...
>
> Jupiter, my 5 month old, loves it!... she chomps it like a horse
> she doesn't throw it up either...I also have one more cat, a 7 yr old
> tabby... she doesn't eat any grass...
>

> If I didn't have any grass in the yard, I would grow some inside
> where they could get it at will.

The only reservation I would have about yard grass is,
is anyone spraying anything weird out there? Especially
if you rent--do you know what your landlord is putting on the
grass, if anything?

I know you love your babies, so thought it was worth bringing
up.

There are scary nerve agents in lots of sprays.

You can grow it inside, a kind that is especially for cats:

http://tinyurl.com/lclhl

But you probably already know this.

Don Taylor
April 14th 06, 01:47 AM
"cybercat" > writes:
>"Freight Train Jones" > wrote in message
>> I've been going outside and getting the tops of the new tender grass
>> and putting it along side the cat food...
>>
>> Jupiter, my 5 month old, loves it!... she chomps it like a horse
>> she doesn't throw it up either...I also have one more cat, a 7 yr old
>> tabby... she doesn't eat any grass...
>>
>> If I didn't have any grass in the yard, I would grow some inside
>> where they could get it at will.

>The only reservation I would have about yard grass is,
>is anyone spraying anything weird out there? Especially
>if you rent--do you know what your landlord is putting on the
>grass, if anything?

>I know you love your babies, so thought it was worth bringing up.
>There are scary nerve agents in lots of sprays.
>You can grow it inside, a kind that is especially for cats:
>http://tinyurl.com/lclhl
>But you probably already know this.

I'd worry a bit about parasites left over from some previous
critter using the lawn too.

Jack munches on wheat grass, not a lot but some. Wierd cat.

cybercat
April 14th 06, 03:38 AM
"Don Taylor" > wrote :>
> I'd worry a bit about parasites left over from some previous
> critter using the lawn too.

I hadn't thought of that, good point.

> Jack munches on wheat grass, not a lot but some. Wierd cat.

This is for rabbits and ferrets, isn't it? I saw it on the same Drs
Foster and Smith web site, I think, and I was wondering if it
would be okay for cats.

April 14th 06, 03:47 AM
What exactly is 'cat grass' for? To give the cat vitamins they might not
get in their food? To help eliminate hairballs?

Whenever I give it to my cats, they just seem to throw up more. (This is
the kind you get from petsmart and grow yourself in a little container.) Am
I just using the wrong kind??

puzzled
-- maryjane

"cybercat" > wrote in message
om...

> "Don Taylor" > wrote :>
>> I'd worry a bit about parasites left over from some previous
>> critter using the lawn too.
>
> I hadn't thought of that, good point.
>

>> Jack munches on wheat grass, not a lot but some. Wierd cat.
>
> This is for rabbits and ferrets, isn't it? I saw it on the same Drs
> Foster and Smith web site, I think, and I was wondering if it
> would be okay for cats.

deci
April 14th 06, 03:39 PM
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 02:47:39 GMT, > wrote:

>What exactly is 'cat grass' for? To give the cat vitamins they might not
>get in their food? To help eliminate hairballs?
>
>Whenever I give it to my cats, they just seem to throw up more. (This is
>the kind you get from petsmart and grow yourself in a little container.) Am
>I just using the wrong kind??
>
>puzzled
>-- maryjane

It takes the place of the vegetation normally found in feline prey
animals stomachs - Helps digestion ..... and if needs be , helps them
vomit as well..

http://www.black-cat-gfx.co.uk/

"A cat is only technically an animal,
being divine" - Robert Lynd