PDA

View Full Version : Catnip and Catgrass

Unknown One
April 14th 06, 04:12 PM
This may sound like a dumb questionbut -----

What, if any, is the difference between Catnip and Catgrass??

I grow my own catnip outdoor for my cats. It comes up every year now.

Magic Mood JeepŠ
April 14th 06, 04:15 PM
Unknown One wrote:
> This may sound like a dumb questionbut -----
>
> What, if any, is the difference between Catnip and Catgrass??
>
> I grow my own catnip outdoor for my cats. It comes up every year now.

Catcrass is grass - mostly barley or oat grass, preferably grown indoors so
that when the cat eats it, they won't ingest parasite eggs (like cows and
other grazing animals do). It aids in the passing of hairballs, they get
veggie-vitamins from it and sometimes it makes them throw up (another aid to
the reverse-elimination of hairballs).

Catnip is an herb, a member of the mint family, is a leafy green plant that
some cats go loco when they come in contact with - while others ignore.

April 14th 06, 04:33 PM
"Magic Mood JeepŠ" > wrote in message
> Unknown One wrote:
>> This may sound like a dumb questionbut -----
>>
>> What, if any, is the difference between Catnip and Catgrass??
>>
>> I grow my own catnip outdoor for my cats. It comes up every year now.
>
> Catcrass is grass - mostly barley or oat grass, preferably grown indoors
> so that when the cat eats it, they won't ingest parasite eggs (like cows
> and other grazing animals do). It aids in the passing of hairballs, they
> get veggie-vitamins from it and sometimes it makes them throw up (another
> aid to the reverse-elimination of hairballs).
>
> Catnip is an herb, a member of the mint family, is a leafy green plant
> that some cats go loco when they come in contact with - while others
> ignore.

Oh - you mean its supposed to make them throw up more? Mine throw up
hairballs without any extra help at all - hehehe -- guess its better to get
the hairball up sooner before they really loose their appetite???

That's why I stopped giving them cat grass. (Well also - they lost interest
in eating it real fast too.)

-- maryjane

Sherri
April 15th 06, 01:36 AM
wrote:
> "Magic Mood JeepŠ" > wrote in message
> > Unknown One wrote:
> >> This may sound like a dumb questionbut -----
> >>
> >> What, if any, is the difference between Catnip and Catgrass??
> >>
> >> I grow my own catnip outdoor for my cats. It comes up every year now.
> >
> > Catcrass is grass - mostly barley or oat grass, preferably grown indoors
> > so that when the cat eats it, they won't ingest parasite eggs (like cows
> > and other grazing animals do). It aids in the passing of hairballs, they
> > get veggie-vitamins from it and sometimes it makes them throw up (another
> > aid to the reverse-elimination of hairballs).
> >
> > Catnip is an herb, a member of the mint family, is a leafy green plant
> > that some cats go loco when they come in contact with - while others
> > ignore.
> >
> Oh - you mean its supposed to make them throw up more? Mine throw up
> hairballs without any extra help at all - hehehe -- guess its better to get
> the hairball up sooner before they really loose their appetite???
>
> That's why I stopped giving them cat grass. (Well also - they lost interest
> in eating it real fast too.)
>
> -- maryjane

My cats dont seem to eat the grass also. I have gotten it sereval times
already grown from petsmart,any other suggestions? They do like
catnip.My male more then the female.