PDA

View Full Version : best food for itchy cat

Jana Peterson
April 14th 06, 06:35 PM
What is a good cat food. Male, 12, a bit itchy. Vet said sometimes cats
can't tolerate the grains in dry food because they are strict carnivores.
I did try a hypoallergenic food but it is 1.69 for each small can and I
can't buy it anymore. I'm looking for some ideas on food.

Some of the commercial dry food is so aweful. Bright bright orange.
What would a cat naturally eat that was that color.
So I'm asking because I don't want to end up buying the canned equivalent
of the bright orange stuff.

thx,
Sisko's mom.

Toni
April 14th 06, 07:09 PM
"Jana Peterson" > wrote in message
hington.edu...
> What is a good cat food. Male, 12, a bit itchy. Vet said sometimes cats
> can't tolerate the grains in dry food because they are strict carnivores.

As my dry food I use grain free Innova EVO.

-Toni

PawsForThought
April 14th 06, 11:51 PM
Here's a link for the Evo (this is for the dog food, but the cat food
is on the site as well)
http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=product-detail&pxsl=//product%...

Rene S.
April 18th 06, 04:36 PM
Jana Peterson wrote:
> What is a good cat food. Male, 12, a bit itchy. Vet said sometimes cats
> can't tolerate the grains in dry food because they are strict carnivores.
> I did try a hypoallergenic food but it is 1.69 for each small can and I
> can't buy it anymore. I'm looking for some ideas on food.
>
> Some of the commercial dry food is so aweful. Bright bright orange.
> What would a cat naturally eat that was that color.
> So I'm asking because I don't want to end up buying the canned equivalent
> of the bright orange stuff.
>
> thx,
> Sisko's mom.

Wellness is a good food (canned). http://www.omhpet.com/
I'm feeding Nature's Variety (commercial raw diet) with excellent
results. www.naturesvariety.com
Both of these sites have store locators.