PDA

View Full Version : Cat Wheels

PawsForThought
April 17th 06, 06:10 PM
I really want to get one of these for my cats! I would imagine if
someone was handy, they could make one, as they are pretty expensive:

http://www.bengal.us/gymcats.html

Click on Wheels in Motion on this page:

http://www.fitnesswheel.com/

cybercat
April 17th 06, 11:14 PM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I really want to get one of these for my cats! I would imagine if
> someone was handy, they could make one, as they are pretty expensive:
>
> http://www.bengal.us/gymcats.html
>
> Click on Wheels in Motion on this page:
>
> http://www.fitnesswheel.com/

What is really hilarious is how the dominant cat keeps
meowing. :) I love this.

Elizabeth Blake
April 18th 06, 01:59 AM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I really want to get one of these for my cats! I would imagine if
> someone was handy, they could make one, as they are pretty expensive:
>
> http://www.bengal.us/gymcats.html
>
> Click on Wheels in Motion on this page:
>
> http://www.fitnesswheel.com/

Those are so cool! My cat Otto would most likely be too chicken to even go
near it but my new guy, Isaac, would probably love it. He's got lots of
energy to burn.

--
Liz

Matthew AKA NMR
April 18th 06, 02:20 AM
I could actually see what would happen with mine All heck would break loose
one would be on it the others would try to get on it even on top of it one
would go flying and the noise they would make and of course this would be
at 4 in the morning after I have been up for over 24 hours

Magic Mood JeepŠ
April 18th 06, 04:04 AM
PawsForThought wrote:
> I really want to get one of these for my cats! I would imagine if
> someone was handy, they could make one, as they are pretty expensive:
>
> http://www.bengal.us/gymcats.html
>
> Click on Wheels in Motion on this page:
>
> http://www.fitnesswheel.com/

I loved the video of the 3 cats trying to run in it at the same time! I
used to breed hamsters, and would have 6 just-weaned-&-moved-into-their-own
(separated by boys or girls) cage, and *all* of them would try to run in the
wheel at the same time: one would climb in behind the others, forcing the
one in the front out, that one would run to the back and wait his/her turn
to climb in and force another out - they just kept taking turns like that,
with three in the wheel at all times (the max that could *fit* into the
wheel, it was when the fourth would scramble in, that the 'leader' would pop
out), the entire time the wheel never stopped spinning.

cybercat
April 18th 06, 05:04 AM
"D." > wrote

> > What is really hilarious is how the dominant cat keeps
> > meowing. :) I love this.
>
> That's what I kept laughing at. But his "dominance" doesn't seem to
> deter the other two. :)

Yeah, even as I used that word I thought it didn't fit. I just
meant the one that was always "in the lead."

PawsForThought
April 18th 06, 06:17 PM
cybercat wrote:

> What is really hilarious is how the dominant cat keeps
> meowing. :) I love this.

I know, lol, and I liked how he jumped over one of the others too.

April 18th 06, 07:31 PM
Great idea!!! But did you see the price on these? Surely someone could
build one cheaper.

== maryjane

"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> What is really hilarious is how the dominant cat keeps
>> meowing. :) I love this.
>
> I know, lol, and I liked how he jumped over one of the others too.

xkatx
April 19th 06, 05:36 AM
"Magic Mood JeepŠ" > wrote in message
> PawsForThought wrote:
>> I really want to get one of these for my cats! I would imagine if
>> someone was handy, they could make one, as they are pretty expensive:
>>
>> http://www.bengal.us/gymcats.html
>>
>> Click on Wheels in Motion on this page:
>>
>> http://www.fitnesswheel.com/
>
> I loved the video of the 3 cats trying to run in it at the same time! I
> used to breed hamsters, and would have 6
> just-weaned-&-moved-into-their-own (separated by boys or girls) cage, and
> *all* of them would try to run in the wheel at the same time: one would
> climb in behind the others, forcing the one in the front out, that one
> would run to the back and wait his/her turn to climb in and force another
> out - they just kept taking turns like that, with three in the wheel at
> all times (the max that could *fit* into the wheel, it was when the fourth
> would scramble in, that the 'leader' would pop out), the entire time the
> wheel never stopped spinning.

One of my hamsters had a bunch of babies a long while back (a long while ago
when I had hamsters)
The mom would run in the wheel, when the hamsters were up and about and not
quite ready to go on their own, and she'd just run like crazy with the
babies all squished in the wheel trying to run with her... Some would get in
her way and she'd just jump right over them (or often just walk over them
like they weren't even there) and other times, they'd hang on to the inside
of the wheel and just spin around. In that case, the mom would almost time
when they'd be coming back around, hanging on to the wheel, and hop over
them.

J.T.
April 19th 06, 07:04 AM
cybercat wrote:

> That's Italian, cutie. :)

lol, so it is

lastcatstanding
April 19th 06, 07:18 AM
On 18 Apr 2006 23:04:49 -0700, "J.T." >
wrote:

>cybercat wrote:
>
>> That's Italian, cutie. :)
>
>lol, so it is

?

J.T.
April 19th 06, 02:40 PM
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

lastcatstanding wrote:
> On 18 Apr 2006 23:04:49 -0700, "J.T." >
> wrote:
>

> >cybercat wrote:
> >
> >> That's Italian, cutie. :)
> >
> >lol, so it is
>

> ?

Registrazione gratuita

lastcatstanding
April 19th 06, 03:21 PM
On 19 Apr 2006 06:40:17 -0700, "J.T." >
wrote:

>|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>lastcatstanding wrote:
>> On 18 Apr 2006 23:04:49 -0700, "J.T." >
>> wrote:

>> >lol, so it is
>>

>> ?
>
>Registrazione gratuita

Chi dā una merda?

J.T.
April 19th 06, 04:17 PM
lastcatstanding wrote:

> Recht op guppy tijd.

lol
forse dovreste provare la pulizia dei due punti
o passi il giunto
ma passi lo spleef prima che tocchiate il vostro retto

lastcatstanding
April 19th 06, 06:39 PM
On 19 Apr 2006 08:17:09 -0700, "J.T." >
wrote:

>lastcatstanding wrote:
>
>> Recht op guppy tijd.
>
>lol
>forse dovreste provare la pulizia dei due punti
>o passi il giunto
>ma passi lo spleef prima che tocchiate il vostro retto

Light that sum na bitch up!

PawsForThought
April 19th 06, 08:36 PM
i keep tellin ya wrote:

> iiiiii think those cats are trained and some old man is trying to make
> some retirement money... the cats are just shills, they don't really
> enjoy it, not like in the commercial

LOL! I do have a friend who had a welder build one of these for her.
She says her cats really do enjoy it. I think this would be a great
thing for some enterprising person to make and supply to pet stores. I
know people would buy them.

PawsForThought
April 19th 06, 09:23 PM
"cybercat" > wrote:

>"lastcatstanding" > wrote > >
>:) X-private is pretty good. Now it is invitation only, but I think all you
>have to do is ask them for an invitation. They respond to netcops,
>though, being super-polite Italians and all, so if you use too many
>usernames they will boot you. Also, your posts are recognizable
>by a numbered code in the headers.

I just joined by asking them for an invitation. I'm reading it through the
web. It wouldn't work with my reader for some reason.

April 20th 06, 12:28 AM
"PawsForThought" > wrote

> I just joined by asking them for an invitation. I'm reading it through
the
> web. It wouldn't work with my reader for some reason.

Hmm, I wonder why? What reader do you use? I use Outlook Express.

I have noticed every now and then that a few posts are missing. (I read
from a number of free servers, some of which are faster than x-private,
as far as when the posts show up, then I post through x-private or
sometimes teranews. Teranews is pretty good--you pay a $3.95 one-time
fee, and get to use it for life. (Or the life of Teranews, lol!)

PawsForThought
April 20th 06, 01:51 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "PawsForThought" > wrote
>

> > I just joined by asking them for an invitation. I'm reading it through
> the
> > web. It wouldn't work with my reader for some reason.
> >

> Hmm, I wonder why? What reader do you use? I use Outlook Express.

I have MesNews. When I try to contact, it tells me login or password
aren't correct. However, when I log in from where you can read it on
the web, I have no problem.

>> I have noticed every now and then that a few posts are missing. (I read
> from a number of free servers, some of which are faster than x-private,
> as far as when the posts show up, then I post through x-private or
> sometimes teranews. Teranews is pretty good--you pay a $3.95 one-time
> fee, and get to use it for life. (Or the life of Teranews, lol!)

Hey, that's a pretty good deal. Do you know if you can use the binary
groups with Ternanews and if there's any megabyte limit?

lastcatstanding
April 20th 06, 02:43 PM
On 20 Apr 2006 05:51:28 -0700, "PawsForThought"
> wrote:

>cybercat wrote:
>> "PawsForThought" > wrote
>>

>> > I just joined by asking them for an invitation. I'm reading it through
>> the
>> > web. It wouldn't work with my reader for some reason.
>> >

>> Hmm, I wonder why? What reader do you use? I use Outlook Express.
>
>I have MesNews. When I try to contact, it tells me login or password
>aren't correct. However, when I log in from where you can read it on
>the web, I have no problem.
>
>>> I have noticed every now and then that a few posts are missing. (I read
>> from a number of free servers, some of which are faster than x-private,
>> as far as when the posts show up, then I post through x-private or
>> sometimes teranews. Teranews is pretty good--you pay a $3.95 one-time
>> fee, and get to use it for life. (Or the life of Teranews, lol!)
>
>Hey, that's a pretty good deal. Do you know if you can use the binary
>groups with Ternanews and if there's any megabyte limit?

Tera is a good server, many binaries.

cybercat
April 20th 06, 05:08 PM
"lastcatstanding" > wrote in message
inds-media.phx...
> On 20 Apr 2006 05:51:28 -0700, "PawsForThought"
> > wrote:
>

> >cybercat wrote:
> >> "PawsForThought" > wrote

> >> the
> >> >

> >> Hmm, I wonder why? What reader do you use? I use Outlook Express.
> >
> >I have MesNews. When I try to contact, it tells me login or password
> >aren't correct. However, when I log in from where you can read it on
> >the web, I have no problem.

> >> from a number of free servers, some of which are faster than x-private,
> >> as far as when the posts show up, then I post through x-private or
> >> sometimes teranews. Teranews is pretty good--you pay a $3.95 one-time
> >> fee, and get to use it for life. (Or the life of Teranews, lol!)
> >
> >Hey, that's a pretty good deal. Do you know if you can use the binary
> >groups with Ternanews and if there's any megabyte limit?
>
> Tera is a good server, many binaries.

Yep. In fact, I think you told me about Teranews years ago. :P

April 20th 06, 05:15 PM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...

, I wonder why? What reader do you use? I use Outlook Express.

> I have MesNews. When I try to contact, it tells me login or password
> aren't correct. However, when I log in from where you can read it on
> the web, I have no problem.

Hmm, I don't know what MesNews is. If this happened to me I would check
to see that I have my password and username right. You can always email
support. Their English is hilarious, but they try hard to be helpful.

> >> I have noticed every now and then that a few posts are missing. (I read
> > from a number of free servers, some of which are faster than x-private,
> > as far as when the posts show up, then I post through x-private or
> > sometimes teranews. Teranews is pretty good--you pay a $3.95 one-time
> > fee, and get to use it for life. (Or the life of Teranews, lol!)
>
> Hey, that's a pretty good deal. Do you know if you can use the binary
> groups with Ternanews and if there's any megabyte limit?

It appears to be 50 mgs a day:

http://teranews.com/

They are nice, very prompt with answering emails, good folks.

For the other, free servers, go here, and remember that most that
say they allow posting do not really. No body knows why! If you use
Outlook Express, as soon as you click on a server, it appears in your list
and OE asks if you want to download the list of groups. Don't know how
it works in other readers. (At the site, go down and click on the first
entry under
"Index" for the most recently tested servers. Download a few, as they will
generally stop working when too many people use them, or abuse them, if
they allow posting. Look for the ones that have the most groups and active
posts, as they are the best.

http://freenews.maxbaud.net/

J.T.
April 20th 06, 05:19 PM
cybercat wrote:

> Yep. In fact, I think you told me about Teranews years ago. :P

every isp i've ever used also had a news server goes somehting like

new.your_isp.net or .com

login is same as internet login

J.T.
April 20th 06, 05:20 PM
cybercat wrote:
> Yep. In fact, I think you told me about Teranews years ago. :P

i meant to say

news.your_isp.net, ,com
I left the s off of news

oh well, nobody reads this stuff no way
i may as well go out in the garden and eat worms

lastcatstanding
April 20th 06, 07:23 PM
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:08:54 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"lastcatstanding" > wrote in message
inds-media.phx...
>> On 20 Apr 2006 05:51:28 -0700, "PawsForThought"
>> > wrote:

>through

>> >I have MesNews. When I try to contact, it tells me login or password
>> >aren't correct. However, when I log in from where you can read it on
>> >the web, I have no problem.

>read
>> >
>> >Hey, that's a pretty good deal. Do you know if you can use the binary
>> >groups with Ternanews and if there's any megabyte limit?
>>
>> Tera is a good server, many binaries.
>
>Yep. In fact, I think you told me about Teranews years ago. :P

It's even more troll friendly than altopia.

lastcatstanding
April 20th 06, 07:25 PM
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:15:14 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...

>, I wonder why? What reader do you use? I use Outlook Express.
>>
>> I have MesNews. When I try to contact, it tells me login or password
>> aren't correct. However, when I log in from where you can read it on
>> the web, I have no problem.
>
>Hmm, I don't know what MesNews is. If this happened to me I would check
>to see that I have my password and username right. You can always email
>support. Their English is hilarious, but they try hard to be helpful.

>> > from a number of free servers, some of which are faster than x-private,
>> > as far as when the posts show up, then I post through x-private or
>> > sometimes teranews. Teranews is pretty good--you pay a $3.95 one-time
>> > fee, and get to use it for life. (Or the life of Teranews, lol!)
>>
>> Hey, that's a pretty good deal. Do you know if you can use the binary
>> groups with Ternanews and if there's any megabyte limit?
>>

>It appears to be 50 mgs a day:
>
>http://teranews.com/
>
>They are nice, very prompt with answering emails, good folks.
>
>For the other, free servers, go here, and remember that most that
>say they allow posting do not really. No body knows why! If you use
>Outlook Express, as soon as you click on a server, it appears in your list
>and OE asks if you want to download the list of groups. Don't know how
>it works in other readers. (At the site, go down and click on the first
>entry under
>"Index" for the most recently tested servers. Download a few, as they will
>generally stop working when too many people use them, or abuse them, if
>they allow posting. Look for the ones that have the most groups and active
>posts, as they are the best.
>
>http://freenews.maxbaud.net/

La dee da....< slips past cyber to list > dum dee dum

< innocent really >

lastcatstanding
April 20th 06, 07:26 PM
On 20 Apr 2006 09:20:08 -0700, "J.T." >
wrote:

>cybercat wrote:
>> Yep. In fact, I think you told me about Teranews years ago. :P
>
>i meant to say
>
>news.your_isp.net, ,com
>I left the s off of news
>
>oh well, nobody reads this stuff no way
>i may as well go out in the garden and eat worms

Save some, fishing season is upon us.

cybercat
April 20th 06, 11:21 PM
"lastcatstanding" > wrote:

> >http://freenews.maxbaud.net/
> >
> La dee da....< slips past cyber to list > dum dee dum
>
> < innocent really >

;)

And of course you know that the ones that allow posting
generally leave your IP hanging out.

April 20th 06, 11:22 PM
"J.T." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > Yep. In fact, I think you told me about Teranews years ago. :P
>
> every isp i've ever used also had a news server goes somehting like
>
> new.your_isp.net or .com
>
> login is same as internet login

Yes, mine does too.

April 20th 06, 11:23 PM
"J.T." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
> > Yep. In fact, I think you told me about Teranews years ago. :P
>
> i meant to say
>
> news.your_isp.net, ,com
> I left the s off of news
>
> oh well, nobody reads this stuff no way
> i may as well go out in the garden and eat worms

Please don't eat worms!

SAVE THE WORMS :(((((((

lastcatstanding
April 21st 06, 07:53 AM
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:21:32 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"lastcatstanding" > wrote:
>> >
>> >http://freenews.maxbaud.net/
>> >
>> La dee da....< slips past cyber to list > dum dee dum
>>
>> < innocent really >
>
>;)
>
>And of course you know that the ones that allow posting
>generally leave your IP hanging out.

Proxies come to mind. Do I really know what the hell I'm talking
about?

Peek a boo and Sissy say Purrr.

cybercat
April 21st 06, 05:26 PM
"lastcatstanding" > wrote in message

> Peek a boo and Sissy say Purrr.

Aww, give them a scritchy scratch for me.