PDA

View Full Version : Cat pooping on floor but peeing in litter box

Myannoyingcat990
April 20th 06, 12:26 AM
I have a 13 year-old cat who up until 2 months ago would always poop and pee
in her litter box but then suddenly she began to only pee in her box. And now
sometimes she even pees on the floor. She doesn't even poop near her litter
box. What can I do?

Gail
April 20th 06, 01:04 AM
She must be seen by a vet to rule out a medical problem. This is a classic
symptom of a urinary tract infection. Also, she may not want to poop and pee
in the same box (even though she has in the past). Provide her with a second
box.
Gail
"Myannoyingcat990" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>I have a 13 year-old cat who up until 2 months ago would always poop and
>pee
> in her litter box but then suddenly she began to only pee in her box. And
> now
> sometimes she even pees on the floor. She doesn't even poop near her
> litter
> box. What can I do?

Anna via CatKB.com
April 20th 06, 03:23 AM
>I have a 13 year-old cat who up until 2 months ago would always poop and pee
>in her litter box but then suddenly she began to only pee in her box. And now
>sometimes she even pees on the floor. She doesn't even poop near her litter

Anytime a cat starts going outside the litterbox, it's time for a vet visit.
She could have a urinary tract infection, kidney problems, etc. At 13, it is
definitely time for a blood profile and urinalysis. These will help to
diagnose kidney disease, diabetes, etc.

Judy
April 20th 06, 05:26 AM
"Myannoyingcat990" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>I have a 13 year-old cat who up until 2 months ago would always poop and
>pee
> in her litter box but then suddenly she began to only pee in her box. And
> now
> sometimes she even pees on the floor. She doesn't even poop near her
> litter
> box. What can I do?

So if you were about 73 years old and developed problems when it came to pee
and poo - what would you do, or the people who care about you do?

It's not rocket science.

Ajanta
April 21st 06, 08:39 AM
Myannoyingcat990 <[email protected]> wrote:

: I have a 13 year-old cat who up until 2 months ago would always poop and pee
: in her litter box but then suddenly she began to only pee in her box. And now
: sometimes she even pees on the floor. She doesn't even poop near her litter
: box. What can I do?

Try two litter pans. I have heard some cats like to dofferent business
in different pans.