PDA

View Full Version : Advantage vs Frontline

Michael Lane
April 24th 06, 02:15 PM
I know you get four applications + Advantage is a little cheaper, I was
just wondering what everyone uses & why one over the other. Since I have
five cats it can get expensive .

thanks

Mike Lane
Luvy, Rainy Boy, Little Blackie, Little One
Snowflake & Yes , ( R.I.P. 18 Nov. 2005)

Matthew AKA NMR
April 24th 06, 03:08 PM
I use advantage with 5 cats here in Florida They don't go outside but get
exposed to the outside on the Florida room

How much are you spending on advantage I have a few links I might have a
cheaper on for you

"Michael Lane" > wrote in message
>I know you get four applications + Advantage is a little cheaper, I was
> just wondering what everyone uses & why one over the other. Since I have
> five cats it can get expensive .
>
> thanks
>
> Mike Lane
> Luvy, Rainy Boy, Little Blackie, Little One
> Snowflake & Yes , ( R.I.P. 18 Nov. 2005)

April 24th 06, 06:12 PM
Michael Lane wrote:
> I know you get four applications + Advantage is a little cheaper, I was
> just wondering what everyone uses & why one over the other. Since I have
> five cats it can get expensive .
>
> thanks
>
> Mike Lane
> Luvy, Rainy Boy, Little Blackie, Little One
> Snowflake & Yes , ( R.I.P. 18 Nov. 2005)

I've always used Advantage on my 5 cats: Cookies, nanette, bingo,
Maliboo, & Mcduffy.

Michael Lane
April 24th 06, 06:30 PM
MKR wrote

>How much are you spending on
> advantage I have a few links I might
> have a cheaper on for you
I have two differant weight cats I buy for. Under 9lbs & over 9lbs. this
pet place here in Nashville Tn. has a special on Wednesdays--10% off +
$5.00 off if you buy two packages. At Vet 9lbs. & over Advantage
$37.15. Nashville Pet Products is $33.89 + 10% off = $30.51 + $5.00 off
if I buy two. $63.02-5.00= $58.02 I think under 9lbs is cheaper. I am
going WEdnesday & will post the prices for Advantage & Frontline. That
way can compare differant places prices. I am going to Petsmart to since
they are within 1/4 mile of each other. All my cats are strays nobody
wanted.

thanks
Mike Lane

Luvy-slim
Rainy Boy-- chubby
Little One-slim
Little Blackie-slim
Snowflake--close to nine, but no cigar
Yes--( R.I.P. 18 Nov 2005) I sure miss you, Dad

Matthew AKA NMR
April 24th 06, 07:33 PM
also mike make a note how many are included in a pack

Michael Lane
April 24th 06, 07:33 PM
MKR wrote
How much are you spending o
(snip)
Correction---Should be NMR wrote

I need to fire my proof reader !!!!

Michael Lane

" Say what you want and be who you are,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. "
Dr. Seuss

Matthew AKA NMR
April 24th 06, 07:52 PM
Just call me Matthew my display name used to be NMR or No More Retail I got
to know people here and added my real name

Make sure you find out the amount in a packages

"Michael Lane" > wrote in message
> MKR wrote
> How much are you spending o
> (snip)
> Correction---Should be NMR wrote
>
> I need to fire my proof reader !!!!
>
> Michael Lane
>
> " Say what you want and be who you are,
> because those who mind don't matter
> and those who matter don't mind. "
> Dr. Seuss

Phil P.
April 24th 06, 11:09 PM
"Michael Lane" > wrote in message
> I know you get four applications + Advantage is a little cheaper, I was
> just wondering what everyone uses & why one over the other. Since I have
> five cats it can get expensive .

Advantage works faster and lasts longer than Frontline.

Phil

Sherri
April 25th 06, 02:10 AM
Phil P. wrote:
> "Michael Lane" > wrote in message
> > I know you get four applications + Advantage is a little cheaper, I was
> > just wondering what everyone uses & why one over the other. Since I have
> > five cats it can get expensive .
>
> Advantage works faster and lasts longer than Frontline.
>
> Phil

Frontline takes care of fleas AND ticks, advantage doesnt. Do you cats
go outside? Do you have any other animals that could bring in ticks?

April 25th 06, 04:33 AM
wrote:
> Michael Lane wrote:
> > I know you get four applications + Advantage is a little cheaper, I was
> > just wondering what everyone uses & why one over the other. Since I have
> > five cats it can get expensive .
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Mike Lane

Mike, I have had a cat react badly to Frontline; he began to pant and
drool furiously, and roll around like it was burning immediately after
it was applied. I washed it off, and he was fine. However, we used
Advantage after that. I have five cats and never had them react badly
to Advantage, and it is very effective on fleas.
That's why I used Advantage.

Sherry

Phil P.
April 25th 06, 12:19 PM
"Sherri" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Phil P. wrote:
> > "Michael Lane" > wrote in message
> > > I know you get four applications + Advantage is a little cheaper, I
was
> > > just wondering what everyone uses & why one over the other. Since I
have
> > > five cats it can get expensive .
> >
> > Advantage works faster and lasts longer than Frontline.
> >
> > Phil
>
> Frontline takes care of fleas AND ticks,

Not very fast or very well. By the time Frontline starts to work, your whole
house is already infested.

> advantage doesnt.

Advantage also doesn't cause adverse reactions in as many cats. I've had
better results with Advantage on our shelter cats and dogs- that's why I
recommend it.

Michael Lane
April 25th 06, 01:04 PM
(Sherri)

>Do you cats go outside? Do you have
> any other animals that could bring in
> ticks?
All of my 'Herd" goes out or lives in garage. I am surrounded by woods
back & side. Luvy is the smallest ( does not play well ) we let her out
& let Rainy in. The kittens come in at night & out in morning. Snowflake
does not come in. She was left by a neighbor who moved off. She seems
content to just sleep in garage & eat here.
All of my cats are strays.

Michael Lane

" Say what you want and be who you are,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. "
Dr. Seuss

Michael Lane
April 27th 06, 02:07 AM
Matthew wrote:

How much are you spending on advantage I have a few links I might have a
cheaper on for you

$33.89-10% =$30.51

Michael Lane

" Say what you want and be who you are,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. "
Dr. Seuss

Matthew AKA NMR
April 27th 06, 02:35 AM
Same price Mike maybe a few cents more or less with taxes

http://www.24hourpet.com/advantage-purple-cats-over-9lbs-supply-p-162.html?osCsid=dcd39952deb1336665311723dc895684