PDA

View Full Version : Ping Dawn

cybercat
April 26th 06, 05:03 AM
Please don't take our comments the wrong way ... those of us who have been
through this know that it is one of the hardest things to go through.

Nobody is judging you. We just want to help you and your kitty.

J.T.
April 26th 06, 05:08 PM
cybercat wrote:
> Please don't take our comments the wrong way ... those of us who have been
> through this know that it is one of the hardest things to go through.
>
> Nobody is judging you. We just want to help you and your kitty.

You're very qualified to say this, you did suffer, you did go through
what Dawn is talking about. I know you understand, I don't need to
speak for Dawn (I don't know her)
but Im sure she appreciates your affirmation here.

Seems like she would at least say thank you, but maybe she **** a lion
and it ate her.

going through difficulty and loss is no carte blanche to be rude, maybe
you don't take it that way..

thing is, you did go through the same thing, you do identify, seems
like she would welcome your concern, and relieve you of your concern.

April 26th 06, 07:26 PM
Assuming that I'm the right Dawn (a quick search didn't bring up any
others) then I do appreciate what you are saying. I'm surprised that
everyone gave me the same advice -- that never happens on Usenet. I'm
not 100% certain that I agree (she still has energy) but I am most
certainly listening and I appreciate the time that people took to share
their thoughts.

Anna via CatKB.com
April 26th 06, 07:43 PM
>not 100% certain that I agree (she still has energy) but I am most
>certainly listening and I appreciate the time that people took to share

Dawn, "she still has energy" says a lot. If she does not seem down,
depressed or suffering and is eating well, then perhaps it is not time yet.
You will know when it is. Personally, I know that I would do the same thing
in your shoes; I would not want to put my pets down unless I was positive it
was time. You're wonderful for taking such good care of her. Just know that
when it's time, you did the best that you could possibly do for her (more
than a lot of people would do).

Anna

April 26th 06, 08:15 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Assuming that I'm the right Dawn (a quick search didn't bring up any
> others) then I do appreciate what you are saying. I'm surprised that
> everyone gave me the same advice -- that never happens on Usenet. I'm
> not 100% certain that I agree (she still has energy) but I am most
> certainly listening and I appreciate the time that people took to share
> their thoughts.

Remember that cats hide their pain as a matter of instinct. If you
see any sign at all of pain, she is probably in a LOT of pain.

April 26th 06, 10:46 PM
"J.T." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
> > Please don't take our comments the wrong way ... those of us who have
been
> > through this know that it is one of the hardest things to go through.
> >
> > Nobody is judging you. We just want to help you and your kitty.
>
> You're very qualified to say this, you did suffer, you did go through
> what Dawn is talking about. I know you understand, I don't need to
> speak for Dawn (I don't know her)
> but Im sure she appreciates your affirmation here.
>
> Seems like she would at least say thank you, but maybe she **** a lion
> and it ate her.
>
> going through difficulty and loss is no carte blanche to be rude, maybe
> you don't take it that way..
>
> thing is, you did go through the same thing, you do identify, seems
> like she would welcome your concern, and relieve you of your concern.

I just saw this for the first time--thanks. It seems Dawn does not agree.
I know she loves her kitty, and it is certainly up to her. I just had to
put in my "2 cents" as they say, in case she might be in denial as I
was. What I went through really caused me to doubt my own
judgment.

Another great case of the scary power of denial: that my
father had severe asthma and actually died of an asthma-related
heart attack. I knew that there are proven hereditary factors there.
Yet I wheezed at night (to the point that I woke myself up wondering
who all those tiny little creatures where who were squeaking at me lol)
for OVER TWO YEARS before I went to the doctor about it and
even then I told him I thought I must be aspirating stomach acid from acid
reflux.

:

I did not have acid reflux, I have a "textbook case" of adult-onset,
hereditary asthma. Very common, easy to control, but dangerous
if you don't treat it. I REALLY started doubting myself after this
episode. I mean, asthma did not even OCCUR to me. And I was
WHEEZING. Am I that stupid? [Okay, folks, it's a rhetorical
question so settle down.] I say no. If I am not, then the only reason
it never occured to me is that I did not want to have asthma.

Just like I did not want my cat to be dying.

Scary stuff. But I think it is probably good to check in for
"reality checks" every now and then anyway.

Back to he point: I hope Dawn's kitty has some relief soon,
of one kind or another.