PDA

View Full Version : Cat losing weight

Bob Smith
April 27th 06, 12:09 AM
Our 14 year old siamese female is slowly losing weight. 2 years ago she
received radioactive iodine therapy for an overactive thyroid. Blood and
urine tests have revealed no thyroid or other problems. I have been
giving her Cosequin daily for arthritis prevention, does anyone know if
this could be causing her weight loss or have any other ideas?

Gail
April 27th 06, 01:14 AM
Was she checked for chronic renal failure? Maybe your vet is missing
something?
Gail
"Bob Smith" > wrote in message
> Our 14 year old siamese female is slowly losing weight. 2 years ago she
> received radioactive iodine therapy for an overactive thyroid. Blood and
> urine tests have revealed no thyroid or other problems. I have been
> giving her Cosequin daily for arthritis prevention, does anyone know if
> this could be causing her weight loss or have any other ideas?

IBen Getiner
April 30th 06, 03:34 PM
Bob Smith wrote:
> Our 14 year old siamese female is slowly losing weight. 2 years ago she
> received radioactive iodine therapy for an overactive thyroid. Blood and
> urine tests have revealed no thyroid or other problems. I have been
> giving her Cosequin daily for arthritis prevention, does anyone know if
> this could be causing her weight loss or have any other ideas?

Have you heard of feline-AIDS? It's very popular amongst cats who run
outside at night getting boinked in the AZZ by other cats. If so, do
the cat a favor and kill him now.