PDA

View Full Version : Independent food testing?

Corey Kaye
May 1st 06, 06:39 AM
Any ideas where to look for an independent lab to test some cat food for
nutrient content? Found a couple sites online that do FDA labels for people
food, but those places are awfully expensive.

Maybe I should call my local university vet hospital...?

Thanks,

Corey

Phil P.
May 1st 06, 06:56 AM
"Corey Kaye" > wrote in message
> Any ideas where to look for an independent lab to test some cat food for
> nutrient content? Found a couple sites online that do FDA labels for
people
> food, but those places are awfully expensive.
>
> Maybe I should call my local university vet hospital...?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Corey

Cornell University's College of Veterinary Medicine Nutritional &
Environmental Analytical Services (NEAS)

http://www.diaglab.vet.cornell.edu/neas/

Corey Kaye
May 1st 06, 03:31 PM
Phil P. wrote:

> Cornell University's College of Veterinary Medicine Nutritional &
> Environmental Analytical Services (NEAS)
>
> http://www.diaglab.vet.cornell.edu/neas/

"As of June 17, 2005, NEAS will no longer be offering testing of human food,
animal feed or feed products for nutritional content."

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Corey

Phil P.
May 12th 06, 11:58 AM
"Corey Kaye" > wrote in message
. ..
> Phil P. wrote:
>
> > Cornell University's College of Veterinary Medicine Nutritional &
> > Environmental Analytical Services (NEAS)
> >
> > http://www.diaglab.vet.cornell.edu/neas/
>
> "As of June 17, 2005, NEAS will no longer be offering testing of human
food,
> animal feed or feed products for nutritional content."
>
> Any other ideas?

Yeah- try Woodson-Tenent Laboratories- they might go under Eurofins
Scientific now. This is the lab that does most of the testing for the pet
food industry.

http://www.eurofinsus.com/Item.html_itemShortcuts/Pet%20Food.html

Let me know how it goes.

Phil