PDA

View Full Version : Death of My Cat Last Week

Feles
May 1st 06, 08:59 PM
My cat of 15 years, Puddin', died last week.

I noticed she was missing on Tuesday, April 25, and that afternoon
after work I looked for her -- under my house, under my shed, under my
neighbor's house. Did not find her.

On Weds. I expanded the search, looking in neighbors' yards several
houses away from my own. I thought I heard my cat's distinct "meow" in
the yard four houses down from my own, but did not find her.

On Thurs. I called the town animal control officer, who said he had not
found my cat; I went out to the pound anyway, and did not find her. I
also called the police, to see if any officers had reported a dead cat.
And I called all the vets in town, to see if someone had run over her
and brought her in. Did not find her.

After work that day I searched the park a block from my house, and,
finding nothing, I went back home, and resolved to search my own yard
again more carefully.

To my shock, I found my cat dead in a sewer drain; I could plainly see
her through a grating, which she had reached by climbing through a PVC
pipe about 7-inches in diameter. She was lying down, with her front
paws before her, and her back paws behind her; her head was erect. She
looked as though resting.

It had rained terribly on Tues. & early Weds, and although her hair was
now mostly dry (there no longer being any water in the pipe), it was
matted and spiked, showing that it had been extremely wet. The hair
from her chin to the top of her head, however, looked as though it had
not gotten wet. Her eyes were slightly open.

My original thought was that she had been pulled down into the sewer by
rushing rain water; or that before it rained she had crawled into the
pipe out of curiosity, and had been caught there by the water. But she
did not look like she had drowned, since she was in a relaxed position
with her head up. Also, I found it hard to believe that she had been
sucked into the pipe, because the pipe in question simply didn't draw
that much water; it merely drained a small part of my yard.

Increasingly, however, I am of the opinion that she crawled into the
pipe to die, since cats are commonly known to hide away in order to
die. As far as I know, she had never before crawled into that pipe,
even though it had been in our yard for several years. Perhaps this is
wishful thinking on my part, but she was 15, as I mentioned, and not
the cat she used to be.

SKB, 1 May 2006

cybercat
May 1st 06, 09:13 PM
"Feles" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My cat of 15 years, Puddin', died last week.
>
> I noticed she was missing on Tuesday, April 25, and that afternoon
> after work I looked for her -- under my house, under my shed, under my
> neighbor's house. Did not find her.
>
> On Weds. I expanded the search, looking in neighbors' yards several
> houses away from my own. I thought I heard my cat's distinct "meow" in
> the yard four houses down from my own, but did not find her.
>
> On Thurs. I called the town animal control officer, who said he had not
> found my cat; I went out to the pound anyway, and did not find her. I
> also called the police, to see if any officers had reported a dead cat.
> And I called all the vets in town, to see if someone had run over her
> and brought her in. Did not find her.
>
> After work that day I searched the park a block from my house, and,
> finding nothing, I went back home, and resolved to search my own yard
> again more carefully.
>
> To my shock, I found my cat dead in a sewer drain; I could plainly see
> her through a grating, which she had reached by climbing through a PVC
> pipe about 7-inches in diameter. She was lying down, with her front
> paws before her, and her back paws behind her; her head was erect. She
> looked as though resting.
>
> It had rained terribly on Tues. & early Weds, and although her hair was
> now mostly dry (there no longer being any water in the pipe), it was
> matted and spiked, showing that it had been extremely wet. The hair
> from her chin to the top of her head, however, looked as though it had
> not gotten wet. Her eyes were slightly open.
>
> My original thought was that she had been pulled down into the sewer by
> rushing rain water; or that before it rained she had crawled into the
> pipe out of curiosity, and had been caught there by the water. But she
> did not look like she had drowned, since she was in a relaxed position
> with her head up. Also, I found it hard to believe that she had been
> sucked into the pipe, because the pipe in question simply didn't draw
> that much water; it merely drained a small part of my yard.
>
> Increasingly, however, I am of the opinion that she crawled into the
> pipe to die, since cats are commonly known to hide away in order to
> die. As far as I know, she had never before crawled into that pipe,
> even though it had been in our yard for several years. Perhaps this is
> wishful thinking on my part, but she was 15, as I mentioned, and not
> the cat she used to be.
>
> SKB, 1 May 2006

I am sorry about your cat. As you know, when you allow them to roam
unsupervised, literally anything can happen. Please consider keeping any
other cats you may adopt inside where they are safe.

My only other comment is: ? Because it is
unusual for anyone to create an email just to post to Usenet about
the death of their cat, there are people who will suspect that you
are full of **** and so is your story. I can be sure of this because
I am one of them.

However, on the off chance that you really did have a cat that died
in this way, I offer my sincere condolences.

Feles
May 1st 06, 11:19 PM
I merely wanted to share my grief with other cat owners; I did not
expect to be told that I was "full of ****."

I find your comment most inappropriate, particularly under the
circumstances.

"Feles fatalis" means "deadly cat" (not "dead cat"), and it reflects my
love of large cats, both modern and extinct (such as smilodon fatalis,
better known as the saber-toothed tiger).

A simple Usenet search would reveal that I have used
" for some time.

cybercat
May 1st 06, 11:32 PM
"Feles" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I merely wanted to share my grief with other cat owners; I did not
> expect to be told that I was "full of ****."

Is that what I said?

> I find your comment most inappropriate, particularly under the
> circumstances.

Do you mean the comment in which I offered my condolences?

> "Feles fatalis" means "deadly cat" (not "dead cat"), and it reflects my
> love of large cats, both modern and extinct (such as smilodon fatalis,
> better known as the saber-toothed tiger).
>
> A simple Usenet search would reveal that I have used
> " for some time.

As for the latter, I rarely "Google" anyone's posting history.

As for the former, I fear I am losing my Latin. It happens quickly
when one stops using it daily.

May 1st 06, 11:34 PM
"Feles" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I merely wanted to share my grief with other cat owners; I did not
> expect to be told that I was "full of ****."

Since I am already on your bad side, I would like to ask a question that I
am willing to bet many people would like to know the answer to: what on
earth were you thinking leaving a 15-year-old cat outside unattended? At
that age many cats are beginning to become hampered by age.

someone97
May 2nd 06, 12:44 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Feles" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I merely wanted to share my grief with other cat owners; I did not
> > expect to be told that I was "full of ****."
>
> Since I am already on your bad side, I would like to ask a question that I
> am willing to bet many people would like to know the answer to: what on
> earth were you thinking leaving a 15-year-old cat outside unattended? At
> that age many cats are beginning to become hampered by age.

I don't know where you live (can I guess it's somewhere in the U.S.?) but
here in U.K. most people allow their cats unrestricted access to "outside".
My two earlier cats lived for the outdoors, caught rats and so on, and they
lived to be 19 and died of old age. We take our chances, and I lost a
9-month-old kitten on the road a month ago, but I've still got her brother
and my 11-year-old lady, who are growing closer. These things happen.

Cats are better with a short happy life outside doing their catty things
than living to old age stuck indoors where they can't do the things that
cats want to do.

My condolences to Feles on the loss of his/her cat.

someone97

Toni from T.O.
May 2nd 06, 03:07 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> As for the latter, I rarely "Google" anyone's posting history.

Perhaps you should consider doing that before making insensitive, judgmental
comments.

Toni from T.O.
May 2nd 06, 03:08 AM
"Feles" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My cat of 15 years, Puddin', died last week.

Sorry for your loss.

Toni from T.O.

Kiran
May 2nd 06, 03:25 AM

:
[...]

I cannot guess what happened, but all circumstances considered your
guess appears reasonable. My heart goes out to you. All our bonds are
this way, someone will leave the other one behind. Get more cats, make
more friends, continue to participate fully in the play of life, and be
accepting of its inevitable edges.

Kiran
May 2nd 06, 03:32 AM
cybercat > wrote:

: I am sorry about your cat. As you know, when you allow them to roam
: unsupervised, literally anything can happen. Please consider keeping any
: other cats you may adopt inside where they are safe.
:
: My only other comment is: ? Because it is
: unusual for anyone to create an email just to post to Usenet about
: the death of their cat, there are people who will suspect that you
: are full of **** and so is your story. I can be sure of this because
: I am one of them.

This is insensitive and irrelevant. The cat did not die from a road
accident. All indications are, she died of old age and natural causes,
so being indoors would not have helped.

cybercat
May 2nd 06, 04:14 AM
"Toni from T.O." > wrote in message
.. .

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>
> > As for the latter, I rarely "Google" anyone's posting history.
> >

> Perhaps you should consider doing that before making insensitive,
judgmental
> comments.

Do you really think so?

May 2nd 06, 04:40 AM
"someone97" > wrote:

>We take our chances, and I lost a
>9-month-old kitten on the road a month ago, but I've still got her brother
>and my 11-year-old lady, who are growing closer. These things happen.

They happen because of neglect and negligence by irresponsible owners.
Would you allow a toddler to play in traffic thinking whatever happens
was meant to be?

-m

cybercat
May 2nd 06, 04:47 AM
"Kiran" > wrote in message
> cybercat > wrote:
>
> : I am sorry about your cat. As you know, when you allow them to roam
> : unsupervised, literally anything can happen. Please consider keeping any
> : other cats you may adopt inside where they are safe.
> :
> : My only other comment is: ? Because it is
> : unusual for anyone to create an email just to post to Usenet about
> : the death of their cat, there are people who will suspect that you
> : are full of **** and so is your story. I can be sure of this because
> : I am one of them.
>
> This is insensitive and irrelevant. The cat did not die from a road
> accident. All indications are, she died of old age and natural causes,
> so being indoors would not have helped.

Old age? At 15? Maybe. But then, if she had been inside feles might
have noticed signs of illness.

Kiran
May 2nd 06, 05:26 AM

: "someone97" > wrote:
:
: >We take our chances, and I lost a
: >9-month-old kitten on the road a month ago, but I've still got her brother
: >and my 11-year-old lady, who are growing closer. These things happen.
:
: They happen because of neglect and negligence by irresponsible owners.
: Would you allow a toddler to play in traffic thinking whatever happens
: was meant to be?

No, but for the sake of balance let me note that I was allowed to play
in the backyard when I was a child and so are my children now.

dgk
May 2nd 06, 01:57 PM
On Tue, 02 May 2006 04:26:07 GMT, Kiran > wrote:

> > wrote:
>
>: "someone97" > wrote:
>:
>: >We take our chances, and I lost a
>: >9-month-old kitten on the road a month ago, but I've still got her brother
>: >and my 11-year-old lady, who are growing closer. These things happen.
>:
>: They happen because of neglect and negligence by irresponsible owners.
>: Would you allow a toddler to play in traffic thinking whatever happens
>: was meant to be?
>
>No, but for the sake of balance let me note that I was allowed to play
>in the backyard when I was a child and so are my children now.

And my cats are allowed to play in my backyard because I have it
fenced in so that they can't get out and get run over or into fights
with other animals.

Some of the things that cats love to do include killing birds and
that is pretty much eliminated by keeping them contained.

There was a dead cat that I biked past a few days ago. Someone else
thought it was fine to let their cat roam around.

J Young
May 2nd 06, 03:29 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Toni from T.O." > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > "cybercat" > wrote in message
> >
> > > As for the latter, I rarely "Google" anyone's posting history.
> > >

> > Perhaps you should consider doing that before making insensitive,
> judgmental
> > comments.
> >

> Do you really think so?

Try "thinking" for a change, cybercrap!

--
----------

J Young

lastcatstanding
May 2nd 06, 05:02 PM
On 2 May 2006 07:29:23 -0700, "J Young" >
wrote:

>cybercat wrote:
>> "Toni from T.O." > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> > Perhaps you should consider doing that before making insensitive,
>> judgmental
>> > comments.
>> >

>> Do you really think so?
>
>Try "thinking" for a change, cybercrap!

What? No edit? You're losing your ability to
"bitchslap"............LOL

J Young
May 2nd 06, 05:24 PM
lastratstanding wrote:
> On 2 May 2006 07:29:23 -0700, "J Young" >
> wrote:
>

> >cybercat wrote:
> >> "Toni from T.O." > wrote in message
> >> .. .

> >> judgmental
> >> >

> >> Do you really think so?
> >
> >Try "thinking" for a change, cybercrap!
>

> What? No edit? You're losing your ability to
> "bitchslap"............LOL

"I **** on them and their children." Posted by Limpy/bobandcarole.

What a sicko!

No wonder Carole ran off with the children!

--
----------

J Young

lastcatstanding
May 2nd 06, 06:07 PM
On 2 May 2006 09:24:18 -0700, "J Young" >
wrote:

>lastratstanding wrote:
>> On 2 May 2006 07:29:23 -0700, "J Young" >
>> wrote:

>> >Try "thinking" for a change, cybercrap!
>>

>> What? No edit? You're losing your ability to
>> "bitchslap"............LOL

>"I **** on them and their children." Posted by Limpy/bobandcarole.

You still think I'm bob and carol? LOL Shows how stupid you are.

>What a sicko!
>
>No wonder Carole ran off with the children!

J Young
May 2nd 06, 06:25 PM
lastratstanding wrote:
> On 2 May 2006 09:24:18 -0700, "J Young" >
> wrote:
>

> >lastratstanding wrote:

> >> What? No edit? You're losing your ability to
> >> "bitchslap"............LOL

> >"I **** on them and their children." Posted by Limpy/bobandcarole.
>
> You still think I'm bob and carol? LOL Shows how stupid you are.

I notice you DIDN'T deny posting that you want to give golden showers
to children.

Got ya, sicko!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're a real pervo, teandhismolestedson!
Turn yourself in!

> >What a sicko!
> >
> >No wonder Carole ran off with the children!

Kiran
May 2nd 06, 07:55 PM
There appears to be an undercurrent in these discussions that there is
no ground between confining your cats indoors and letting them "roam
freely" exposed to all kind of danger.

Some of us work hard to arrive at a good in-between compromise tailored
to our specific circumstances.

My cat and my neighbors' cats have a good outdoor life in porches and
in fenced backyards when they want. We have cut openings to make sure
they can visit one another. They cannot go out of the fenced area and
animals from outside cannot come in. We know one another; we pet-sit
for one another; if a pet misbehaves, we deal with it. Even dogs are
tolerant of the cats and the cats used to them. Nobody has a swimming
pool. Car garages are always kept closed, after a while it becomes a
habit and second nature like keeping the front doors closed. Of course,
we also know how to lock them inside when there is a need, be it
illness or bad behavior or bad weather.

You have to look at your specific situation and make the best possible
choices. Don't be locked into theoretical formulas arrived at and
advocated by people who know zilch about your circumstances.

Matthew AKA NMR
May 2nd 06, 08:13 PM
What you described is not the debate of letting your cat outside. You have a
controlled environment total different scenario. By the way bravo for taking
that much trouble for making a safe environment for your cats. 99.9999% of
us are unable to do that so out furballs are kept inside hopefully safe and
sound

What everyone is talking about is letting your cat run free in the
neighborhood and such. I am not talking about the UK or other areas in
Europe. We know there is different scenarios over there except near major
roadways or cities no excuse than.

In The USA there is no excuse to allow your pet to run wild too many
problems predators, cars, [email protected]@holes and such even if you live on a back area
farm away from society too many things can happen to your loved ones.

"Kiran" > wrote in message
> There appears to be an undercurrent in these discussions that there is
> no ground between confining your cats indoors and letting them "roam
> freely" exposed to all kind of danger.
>
> Some of us work hard to arrive at a good in-between compromise tailored
> to our specific circumstances.
>
> My cat and my neighbors' cats have a good outdoor life in porches and
> in fenced backyards when they want. We have cut openings to make sure
> they can visit one another. They cannot go out of the fenced area and
> animals from outside cannot come in. We know one another; we pet-sit
> for one another; if a pet misbehaves, we deal with it. Even dogs are
> tolerant of the cats and the cats used to them. Nobody has a swimming
> pool. Car garages are always kept closed, after a while it becomes a
> habit and second nature like keeping the front doors closed. Of course,
> we also know how to lock them inside when there is a need, be it
> illness or bad behavior or bad weather.
>
> You have to look at your specific situation and make the best possible
> choices. Don't be locked into theoretical formulas arrived at and
> advocated by people who know zilch about your circumstances.

lastcatstanding
May 2nd 06, 08:14 PM
On 2 May 2006 10:25:16 -0700, "J Young" >
wrote:

>lastratstanding wrote:
>> On 2 May 2006 09:24:18 -0700, "J Young" >
>> wrote:

>> >"I **** on them and their children." Posted by Limpy/bobandcarole.
>>
>> You still think I'm bob and carol? LOL Shows how stupid you are.
>
>I notice you DIDN'T deny posting that you want to give golden showers
>to children.

Evasion noted.

Anna via CatKB.com
May 2nd 06, 08:26 PM
>My cat of 15 years, Puddin', died last week.
>Increasingly, however, I am of the opinion that she crawled into the
>pipe to die, since cats are commonly known to hide away in order to
>die. As far as I know, she had never before crawled into that pipe,
>even though it had been in our yard for several years. Perhaps this is
>wishful thinking on my part, but she was 15, as I mentioned, and not
>the cat she used to be.

You are correct in your observation that cats hide away to die; my
condolences on the death of your Puddin'.

J Young
May 2nd 06, 09:03 PM
lastratstanding wrote:
> On 2 May 2006 10:25:16 -0700, "J Young" >
> wrote:
>

> >lastratstanding wrote:

> >> You still think I'm bob and carol? LOL Shows how stupid you are.
> >
> >I notice you DIDN'T deny posting that you want to give golden showers
> >to children.

> Evasion noted.

Yep. YOURS!

More proof that you're not only a pedophile, but a kinky one at that,
teandhismolestedson!

Golden showers on children?!
Turn yourself in, LameytheGayPornGoldenShowerCableGuy!

--
----------

J Young

Juice
May 2nd 06, 09:11 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> The UK generally thinks it's abuse to keep them in, the US generally
> thinks it's abuse to let them out. It's all just a matter of opinion
> and preference. I wish this group could get over the self-centered
> idea that because another opinion is different it's automatically
> wrong.

I had a friend who bought his wife a brand new lincoln continental

he parked it in the driveway, and we waited for her to come home.

She was super surprised...

she looke squarely at him and said but Honey! we've never had a black
car.

we bout fell out! she was serious. it was true, we got to talking about
it
and they had always bought dark green cars... dude reeled'em off.

oh, she drove it alright, but your remarks remind me of that story..

but HONEY! we've never had a cat outside...

I guess things get engrained in peoples minds, like cat in, cat out...
all in what we was taught right... with some things, you could say, the
nuts don't fall far from the tree
like mamma like baby, monkey see monkey do

I know, someone will bring up Ruprecht, John Ass Doe was the first
asshole to remind me how ignorant he is by offered no sympathy just
told you so or something ignorant like that. It takes a cold hearted
brute to slap someone when they are experiencing pain, but some folk
are so low... it's the only oppurtunity they get to hit someone! (when
that person is down)

For the greatest part, I find the people here to be intillectually
stimulating, and normal.
Normal you know, just working folk, looking to kill a little time, then
you got those shiftless a-holes, who have nothing better to do than
revel in someone elses pain, or sufferieng. they are like poopee flies
if you will.

HOPE KAMI IS THRIVING

Beary

May 2nd 06, 11:56 PM
On Tue, 02 May 2006 18:55:44 GMT, Kiran > wrote:

>There appears to be an undercurrent in these discussions that there is
>no ground between confining your cats indoors and letting them "roam
>freely" exposed to all kind of danger.
>
>Some of us work hard to arrive at a good in-between compromise tailored
>to our specific circumstances.
>
>My cat and my neighbors' cats have a good outdoor life in porches and
>in fenced backyards when they want.

My cat Precious is an indoor cat but I take her outdoors for walks on
a fairly regular basis. I use a leash with harness and trained her to
use it when she was indoors before taking her for walks outside the
house. She is very good about staying close to me and the harness
prevents her from running off and getting into trouble. She has been
spayed so there is no problem with her seeking out a sexual partner.

I usually take her to places where there are not that many animals
around. Rarely I must pick her up if a large animal comes
threateningly close.

RC

Toni from T.O.
May 3rd 06, 01:44 AM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message
> The UK generally thinks it's abuse to keep them in, the US generally
> thinks it's abuse to let them out. It's all just a matter of opinion
> and preference. I wish this group could get over the self-centered
> idea that because another opinion is different it's automatically
> wrong.

Amen to that!

Toni from T.O.

Juice
May 3rd 06, 03:45 AM
cybercat wrote:

> I would think that after a pack of feral junkyard dogs
> killed the cat you left outside you might be an advocate of
> keeping them indoors where they are safe instead of making
> snotty comments regarding those who are.
>
> But then, that makes sense.
>
> It is far more pleasurable for you to feel sorry for
> yourself than face any situation honestly.

you mean like dragging your half dead cat around for a looong time?

it was better for Ruprecht, he went fast. Now how long did you keep
that cat head in a jar? didnt' you say you tube fed it too?

Toni from T.O.
May 3rd 06, 03:56 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Nonsense. What is unreasonable is to expect people who
> really like cats NOT to get upset when you endanger them.
>
> When you leave them outside unattended you endanger them.
>
> Your choice, but if you write about it, it will upset me.

Fair enough, but there are more appropriate times to express one's opinion
than when someone comes on here to share their loss. And telling someone
they are "full of ****" (yes, that IS what you said) because you find their
email address suspect is uncalled for.

cybercat
May 3rd 06, 04:02 AM
"Juice" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > I would think that after a pack of feral junkyard dogs
> > killed the cat you left outside you might be an advocate of
> > keeping them indoors where they are safe instead of making
> > snotty comments regarding those who are.
> >
> > But then, that makes sense.
> >
> > It is far more pleasurable for you to feel sorry for
> > yourself than face any situation honestly.
>
> you mean like dragging your half dead cat around for a looong time?
>
> it was better for Ruprecht, he went fast. Now how long did you keep
> that cat head in a jar? didnt' you say you tube fed it too?

lol

That is funny. It was a tough call, and she had regular vet care.
Since the vet found nothing wrong with her at all except that she
would not eat, sure, I held her wrapped in a towel and fed her
chicken baby food with a turkey baster. (She lapped it off the
end of the thing.) You're right, that was a terrible thing for me
to do. It would have been much better if I had left her outside
when she was still young to have her back broken by dogs.
She was a pregnant stray when I found her. I chose to keep her
inside. She lived to be 20 years old. How old was Ruprecht?

Be an asshole all you want--you have to do what you are good
at. But your experience would have a better man warning others
to do their best to keep their cat safe. Instead, it has you whining
about people who endanger their cats being persecuted by those
of us who rightly say, "when you let them roam unsupervised
anything can happen."

May 3rd 06, 04:21 AM
"Toni from T.O." > wrote in message

> "Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message
> > The UK generally thinks it's abuse to keep them in, the US generally
> > thinks it's abuse to let them out. It's all just a matter of opinion
> > and preference. I wish this group could get over the self-centered
> > idea that because another opinion is different it's automatically
> > wrong.
>
> Amen to that!

Nonsense. What is unreasonable is to expect people who
really like cats NOT to get upset when you endanger them.

When you leave them outside unattended you endanger them.

Your choice, but if you write about it, it will upset me.

May 3rd 06, 04:27 AM
"Juice" > wrote
> For the greatest part, I find the people here to be intillectually
> stimulating, and normal.
> Normal you know, just working folk, looking to kill a little time, then
> you got those shiftless a-holes, who have nothing better to do than
> revel in someone elses pain, or sufferieng. they are like poopee flies
> if you will.
>
> HOPE KAMI IS THRIVING
>
> Beary

I would think that after a pack of feral junkyard dogs
killed the cat you left outside you might be an advocate of
keeping them indoors where they are safe instead of making
snotty comments regarding those who are.

But then, that makes sense.

It is far more pleasurable for you to feel sorry for
yourself than face any situation honestly.

May 3rd 06, 05:55 AM
"Toni from T.O." > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> >> Nonsense. What is unreasonable is to expect people who
> > really like cats NOT to get upset when you endanger them.
> >
> > When you leave them outside unattended you endanger them.
> >
> > Your choice, but if you write about it, it will upset me.
>
> Fair enough, but there are more appropriate times to express one's opinion
> than when someone comes on here to share their loss. And telling someone
> they are "full of ****" (yes, that IS what you said) because you find
their
> email address suspect is uncalled for.

Reading comprehension. My reply to the OP's post is below. There, you will
see two statement offering condolences for the loss of the cat, and one
saying
that I think his/her email may make some, including me, suspect that he.she
and his/her story is FULL OF ****. So, No, that is not what I said.

"I am sorry about your cat. As you know, when you allow them to roam
unsupervised, literally anything can happen. Please consider keeping any
other cats you may adopt inside where they are safe.

My only other comment is: ? Because it is
unusual for anyone to create an email just to post to Usenet about
the death of their cat, there are people who will suspect that you
are full of **** and so is your story. I can be sure of this because
I am one of them.

However, on the off chance that you really did have a cat that died
in this way, I offer my sincere condolences."

Joe Canuck
May 3rd 06, 06:16 AM
Kiran wrote:
> There appears to be an undercurrent in these discussions that there is
> no ground between confining your cats indoors and letting them "roam
> freely" exposed to all kind of danger.
>
> Some of us work hard to arrive at a good in-between compromise tailored
> to our specific circumstances.
>
> My cat and my neighbors' cats have a good outdoor life in porches and
> in fenced backyards when they want. We have cut openings to make sure
> they can visit one another. They cannot go out of the fenced area and
> animals from outside cannot come in. We know one another; we pet-sit
> for one another; if a pet misbehaves, we deal with it. Even dogs are
> tolerant of the cats and the cats used to them. Nobody has a swimming
> pool. Car garages are always kept closed, after a while it becomes a
> habit and second nature like keeping the front doors closed. Of course,
> we also know how to lock them inside when there is a need, be it
> illness or bad behavior or bad weather.
>
> You have to look at your specific situation and make the best possible
> choices. Don't be locked into theoretical formulas arrived at and
> advocated by people who know zilch about your circumstances.

It isn't about human circumstances, but rather the circumstances of the
felines.

lastcatstanding
May 3rd 06, 07:10 AM
On 2 May 2006 13:03:27 -0700, "J Young" >
wrote:

>lastratstanding wrote:
>> On 2 May 2006 10:25:16 -0700, "J Young" >
>> wrote:

>> >I notice you DIDN'T deny posting that you want to give golden showers
>> >to children.
>
>> Evasion noted.
>
>Yep. YOURS!
>
>More proof that you're not only a pedophile, but a kinky one at that,
>teandhismolestedson!
>
>Golden showers on children?!
>Turn yourself in, LameytheGayPornGoldenShowerCableGuy!

You been taking lessons, You almost fLAMED me there.

J Young
May 3rd 06, 03:18 PM
lastratstanding wrote:
> On 2 May 2006 13:03:27 -0700, "J Young" >
> wrote:
>
> >lastratstanding wrote:

> >> Evasion noted.
> >
> >Yep. YOURS!
> >
> >More proof that you're not only a pedophile, but a kinky one at that,
> >teandhismolestedson!
> >
> >Golden showers on children?!
> >Turn yourself in, LameytheGayPornGoldenShowerCableGuy!
>

> You been taking lessons, You almost fLAMED me there.

You fLAMED yourself, Lamo the Golden Shower Pedophile.

Mebbe now you should **** on yourself to extinguish it.

LOOOZER!

--
----------

J Young

lastcatstanding
May 3rd 06, 03:40 PM
On 3 May 2006 07:18:16 -0700, "J Young" >
wrote:

>lastratstanding wrote:
>> On 2 May 2006 13:03:27 -0700, "J Young" >
>> wrote:

>> >Yep. YOURS!
>> >
>> >More proof that you're not only a pedophile, but a kinky one at that,
>> >teandhismolestedson!
>> >
>> >Golden showers on children?!
>> >Turn yourself in, LameytheGayPornGoldenShowerCableGuy!
>>

>> You been taking lessons, You almost fLAMED me there.
>
>You fLAMED yourself, Lamo the Golden Shower Pedophile.
>
>Mebbe now you should **** on yourself to extinguish it.
>
>LOOOZER!

Ooops! You slipped, open up that little book of insults and see if
you can find something a little better. Or you could just edit my
posts.

J Young
May 3rd 06, 04:26 PM
lastratstanding wrote:
> On 3 May 2006 07:18:16 -0700, "J Young" >
> wrote:
>

> >lastratstanding wrote:

> >> You been taking lessons, You almost fLAMED me there.
> >
> >You fLAMED yourself, Lamo the Golden Shower Pedophile.
> >
> >Mebbe now you should **** on yourself to extinguish it.
> >
> >LOOOZER!
>

> Ooops! You slipped, open up that little book of insults and see if
> you can find something a little better. Or you could just edit my
> posts.

Don't need to.
You're now an admitted pedophile that claims to enjoy urinating on
children.

It's on your permanent record, Limpy!

--
----------

J Young

lastcatstanding
May 3rd 06, 06:55 PM
On 3 May 2006 08:26:09 -0700, "J Young" >
wrote:

>lastratstanding wrote:
>> On 3 May 2006 07:18:16 -0700, "J Young" >
>> wrote:

>> >You fLAMED yourself, Lamo the Golden Shower Pedophile.
>> >
>> >Mebbe now you should **** on yourself to extinguish it.
>> >
>> >LOOOZER!
>>

>> Ooops! You slipped, open up that little book of insults and see if
>> you can find something a little better. Or you could just edit my
>> posts.
>
>Don't need to.
>You're now an admitted pedophile that claims to enjoy urinating on
>children.
>
>It's on your permanent record, Limpy!
What permanent record Jon? The one you keep?

LOL

Obsessed much are ya cupcake? I **** on you and your children.

J Young
May 3rd 06, 07:10 PM
lastratstanding wrote:
> On 3 May 2006 08:26:09 -0700, "J Young" >
> wrote:
>

> >lastratstanding wrote:

> >> Ooops! You slipped, open up that little book of insults and see if
> >> you can find something a little better. Or you could just edit my
> >> posts.
> >
> >Don't need to.
> >You're now an admitted pedophile that claims to enjoy urinating on
> >children.
> >
> >It's on your permanent record, Limpy!

> What permanent record Jon? The one you keep?

The one the FBI Pedophile Unit keeps.

> LOL
>
> Obsessed much are ya cupcake? I **** on you and your children.

Post forwarded to www.FBI.gov.

The file on LameytheGayPornGoldenShowerCableGuy continues to grow!

Get ready to meet your cellmate Bubba, Limpy.
I'm sure he'll love your ability to be so many different bitches
(Limpy/Zach/bob/nym du jour).

Don't forget to bring the KY!

--
----------

J Young

lastcatstanding
May 3rd 06, 08:23 PM
On 3 May 2006 11:10:12 -0700, "J Young" >
wrote:

>lastratstanding wrote:
>> On 3 May 2006 08:26:09 -0700, "J Young" >
>> wrote:

>> >Don't need to.
>> >You're now an admitted pedophile that claims to enjoy urinating on
>> >children.
>> >
>> >It's on your permanent record, Limpy!
>
>> What permanent record Jon? The one you keep?
>
>The one the FBI Pedophile Unit keeps.
>
>> LOL
>>
>> Obsessed much are ya cupcake? I **** on you and your children.
>
>Post forwarded to www.FBI.gov.
>
>The file on LameytheGayPornGoldenShowerCableGuy continues to grow!
>

>Get ready to meet your cellmate Bubba, Limpy.
>I'm sure he'll love your ability to be so many different bitches
>(Limpy/Zach/bob/nym du jour).
>
>Don't forget to bring the KY!

Let me know when you have a real insult or something funny, Yer boring
me now.

Toni from T.O.
May 3rd 06, 10:15 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> Reading comprehension.

Absolutely nothing wrong with my comprehension.

My reply to the OP's post is below. There, you will
> see two statement offering condolences for the loss of the cat, and one
> saying
> that I think his/her email may make some, including me, suspect that
he.she
> and his/her story is FULL OF ****. So, No, that is not what I said.

Quote:

Sorry, where is my comprehension faulty? He/she IS full of ****, or YOU
think he/she is full of ****. Same diff.

> However, on the off chance that you really did have a cat that died
> in this way, I offer my sincere condolences."

Wow, condolences delivered with a slap. How kind.

cybercat
May 3rd 06, 11:23 PM
"Toni from T.O." > wrote in message
.. .

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> >

> > Reading comprehension.
>
> Absolutely nothing wrong with my comprehension.
>
> My reply to the OP's post is below. There, you will
> > see two statement offering condolences for the loss of the cat, and one
> > saying
> > that I think his/her email may make some, including me, suspect that
> he.she
> > and his/her story is FULL OF ****. So, No, that is not what I said.
>
> Quote:
>
> "Because it is unusual for anyone to create an email just to post to
Usenet
> about
> the death of their cat, there are people who will suspect that you
> are full of **** and so is your story. I can be sure of this because
> I am one of them."
>
> Sorry, where is my comprehension faulty? He/she IS full of ****, or YOU
> think he/she is full of ****. Same diff.

"Suspect" does not equal "think," princess.

lastcatstanding
May 4th 06, 06:10 AM
On 3 May 2006 12:59:08 -0700, "J Young" >
wrote:

>lastratstanding wrote:
>> On 3 May 2006 11:10:12 -0700, "J Young" >
>> wrote:

>> >The one the FBI Pedophile Unit keeps.

>> >Post forwarded to www.FBI.gov.
>> >
>> >The file on LameytheGayPornGoldenShowerCableGuy continues to grow!
>> >

>> >Get ready to meet your cellmate Bubba, Limpy.
>> >I'm sure he'll love your ability to be so many different bitches
>> >(Limpy/Zach/bob/nym du jour).
>> >
>> >Don't forget to bring the KY!
>>
>> Let me know when you have a real insult or something funny, Yer boring
>> me now.
>
>And yet you keep coming back fer another bitchslap.
>Jes like clockwork, it is.

A bitchslap? Is that what that was?

I bet you got bullied a lot at school.

-L.
May 4th 06, 08:02 AM
Toni from T.O. wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> >> Nonsense. What is unreasonable is to expect people who
> > really like cats NOT to get upset when you endanger them.
> >
> > When you leave them outside unattended you endanger them.
> >
> > Your choice, but if you write about it, it will upset me.
>
> Fair enough, but there are more appropriate times to express one's opinion
> than when someone comes on here to share their loss.

Dunno. Cutting to the point sort of works fo me...

> And telling someone
> they are "full of ****" (yes, that IS what you said) because you find their
> email address suspect is uncalled for.

Haven't been on Usenet long, have we?

-L.

-L.
May 4th 06, 08:07 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Nonsense. What is unreasonable is to expect people who
> really like cats NOT to get upset when you endanger them.
>
> When you leave them outside unattended you endanger them.
>
> Your choice, but if you write about it, it will upset me.

I generally advocate that cats be kept indoors for their own safety (as
my own are), but recognize that there are places where cats can be
indoor/outdoor safely. Unfortunately those places are few and far
between in the US.

If we ever have another cat (unlikely due to DH's allergies) I hope we
do live in a place where they can be indoor/outdoor safely - or at
least I can be out with them off-leash. I really feel my cats miss out
on a lot by not being able to roam. I do walk Peewee, but it's not the
same.

-L.

Ajanta
May 4th 06, 02:37 PM
Matthew AKA NMR > wrote:

: In The USA there is no excuse to allow your pet to run wild..

The USA is a big country. From Vermont to Manhattan to Kansas and
Idaho, I am not sure it is wise or necessary to have one blanket rule
everywhere.

J Young
May 4th 06, 02:45 PM
lastratstanding wrote:
> On 3 May 2006 12:59:08 -0700, "J Young" >
> wrote:
>

> >lastratstanding wrote:

> >> Let me know when you have a real insult or something funny, Yer boring
> >> me now.
> >
> >And yet you keep coming back fer another bitchslap.
> >Jes like clockwork, it is.
> >
> A bitchslap? Is that what that was?

Yep.
And you LIKED it!

> I got bullied a lot at school.

That's cuz you're a

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZER!!!

--
------

Toni from T.O.
May 5th 06, 01:06 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> "Suspect" does not equal "think," princess.

Spare me the lesson in semantics. Whatever your intent, you offended the OP
who understood, as I did, that you were calling him/her full of ****.
Remember that there is a human being with feelings behind every post before
you run roughshod over them.

Toni from T.O.
May 5th 06, 01:08 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Haven't been on Usenet long, have we?

I've been on Usenet long enough to recognize that many people will shout
"troll" at the slightest provocation. That doesn't make it right.

.oO rach Oo.
May 5th 06, 01:35 AM
I am very very sorry for your loss.

--
..oO rach Oo.

"Feles" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My cat of 15 years, Puddin', died last week.
>
> I noticed she was missing on Tuesday, April 25, and that afternoon
> after work I looked for her -- under my house, under my shed, under my
> neighbor's house. Did not find her.
>
> On Weds. I expanded the search, looking in neighbors' yards several
> houses away from my own. I thought I heard my cat's distinct "meow" in
> the yard four houses down from my own, but did not find her.
>
> On Thurs. I called the town animal control officer, who said he had not
> found my cat; I went out to the pound anyway, and did not find her. I
> also called the police, to see if any officers had reported a dead cat.
> And I called all the vets in town, to see if someone had run over her
> and brought her in. Did not find her.
>
> After work that day I searched the park a block from my house, and,
> finding nothing, I went back home, and resolved to search my own yard
> again more carefully.
>
> To my shock, I found my cat dead in a sewer drain; I could plainly see
> her through a grating, which she had reached by climbing through a PVC
> pipe about 7-inches in diameter. She was lying down, with her front
> paws before her, and her back paws behind her; her head was erect. She
> looked as though resting.
>
> It had rained terribly on Tues. & early Weds, and although her hair was
> now mostly dry (there no longer being any water in the pipe), it was
> matted and spiked, showing that it had been extremely wet. The hair
> from her chin to the top of her head, however, looked as though it had
> not gotten wet. Her eyes were slightly open.
>
> My original thought was that she had been pulled down into the sewer by
> rushing rain water; or that before it rained she had crawled into the
> pipe out of curiosity, and had been caught there by the water. But she
> did not look like she had drowned, since she was in a relaxed position
> with her head up. Also, I found it hard to believe that she had been
> sucked into the pipe, because the pipe in question simply didn't draw
> that much water; it merely drained a small part of my yard.
>
> Increasingly, however, I am of the opinion that she crawled into the
> pipe to die, since cats are commonly known to hide away in order to
> die. As far as I know, she had never before crawled into that pipe,
> even though it had been in our yard for several years. Perhaps this is
> wishful thinking on my part, but she was 15, as I mentioned, and not
> the cat she used to be.
>
> SKB, 1 May 2006

cybercat
May 5th 06, 01:41 AM
"Toni from T.O." > wrote in message
.. .

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> > "Suspect" does not equal "think," princess.
>
> Spare me the lesson in semantics.

It is not "semantics," you idiot. To say "I suspect" is not to
say " I think."

And furthermore, while I might defend to the death your right to speak
freely like the tightassed control freak you appear to be, I feel compelled
to point out that I do not give a fuzzy little rat's cute little hiney what
you
think about the way I post.

Any questions?

May 5th 06, 01:42 AM
"Toni from T.O." > wrote in message
.. .

> "-L." > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
> > Haven't been on Usenet long, have we?
>
> I've been on Usenet long enough to recognize that many people will shout
> "troll" at the slightest provocation. That doesn't make it right.

No, really?! I thought a troll was anybody I don't like.

Toni from T.O.
May 5th 06, 03:04 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> It is not "semantics," you idiot. To say "I suspect" is not to
> say " I think."

It is semantics. Look it up.

> And furthermore, while I might defend to the death your right to speak
> freely like the tightassed control freak you appear to be,

Moi? That's rich, coming from someone who lectures a grieving person.

I feel compelled
> to point out that I do not give a fuzzy little rat's cute little hiney
what
> you
> think about the way I post.

Likewise. I just felt compelled to tell you that you were a complete ass.
Thank goodness we have freedom of expression. As long as we have a valid
email address, that is.

> Any questions?

None at all, sweetheart. Ta-ra for now.

Juice
May 5th 06, 03:33 AM
Toni from T.O. wrote:

> Likewise. I just felt compelled to tell you that you were a complete ass.
> Thank goodness we have freedom of expression. As long as we have a valid
> email address, that is.
>
> > Any questions?
>
> None at all, sweetheart. Ta-ra for now.

alright seargeant

Joe Canuck
May 5th 06, 03:41 AM
Juice wrote:
> Toni from T.O. wrote:
>
>> Likewise. I just felt compelled to tell you that you were a complete ass.
>> Thank goodness we have freedom of expression. As long as we have a valid
>> email address, that is.
>>
>>> Any questions?
>> None at all, sweetheart. Ta-ra for now.
>
> alright seargeant

Okay numnuts!

Lovey
May 5th 06, 04:35 AM
"Toni from T.O." > wrote in message
.. .

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>
> > It is not "semantics," you idiot. To say "I suspect" is not to
> > say " I think."
>
> It is semantics. Look it up.
>
> > And furthermore, while I might defend to the death your right to speak
> > freely like the tightassed control freak you appear to be,
>
> Moi? That's rich, coming from someone who lectures a grieving person.
>
> I feel compelled
> > to point out that I do not give a fuzzy little rat's cute little hiney
> what
> > you
> > think about the way I post.
>
> Likewise. I just felt compelled to tell you that you were a complete ass.
> Thank goodness we have freedom of expression. As long as we have a valid
> email address, that is.
>
> > Any questions?
>
> None at all, sweetheart. Ta-ra for now.

Spineless prick! how'd you like your nuts cut out and handed to you, lol
just kidding

OR! GODDAMMIT AM I!

JUST KIDDING FOR REAL

yeah, people need to ligthen up before they get their goddamn nuts shoved
down dey ****in ah troats against their will just kidding yo
im your friend... :) what is your regular email addy> I LIKE the way yoy
think

stupidassmutherfucker
May 5th 06, 04:49 AM
cybercat wrote:

OH SHUT THE BEEEP UP AIN'T YOU GOT NOTHIN BETTER TO DO RIGHT NOW

BEEP BEEP BILLS RUNNING OVER IN THE

MUTHER****ING
FLOOR
AND THE BEST YOU CAN DO
IS ARGUE WITH SOME DICK SUCKER ON THE BEEP BEEP USENET

****ING REALIST

I GOT SOMETHING REAL FOR YOU BABY

WOO I GOT NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR YOU

cybercat
May 5th 06, 04:53 AM
"Toni from T.O." > wrote in message
.. .

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>
> > It is not "semantics," you idiot. To say "I suspect" is not to
> > say " I think."
>
> It is semantics. Look it up.

*sigh*

May 5th 06, 05:35 AM
"Toni from T.O." > wrote in message
.. .

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>
> > It is not "semantics," you idiot. To say "I suspect" is not to
> > say " I think."
>
> It is semantics. Look it up.

Do you have a dictionary, genius?

Look up "suspect" and "think."

See if the definitions are the same.

HINT: They are not.

I am being very patient.

I always am with the obviously handicapped.

HTH.

lastcatstanding
May 5th 06, 06:21 AM
On Fri, 05 May 2006 03:49:59 GMT, "stupidassmuther****er"
> wrote:

>cybercat wrote:
>

>OH SHUT THE BEEEP UP AIN'T YOU GOT NOTHIN BETTER TO DO RIGHT NOW
>
>BEEP BEEP BILLS RUNNING OVER IN THE
>
>MUTHER****ING
>FLOOR
>AND THE BEST YOU CAN DO
>IS ARGUE WITH SOME DICK SUCKER ON THE BEEP BEEP USENET
>
>****ING REALIST
>
>I GOT SOMETHING REAL FOR YOU BABY
>
>WOO I GOT NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR YOU

Cybercat? How do you manage to always get teh smart ones?

Juice
May 5th 06, 01:03 PM
Toni from T.O. wrote:

> None at all, sweetheart. Ta-ra for now.

ah sorry bout that last night (called you a knob polisher)
it was just something "ugly" to say at the moment, had nothing to do
with you
like I said, I like the way you think.

ok flame away i got it coming

Joe Canuck
May 5th 06, 01:57 PM
Juice wrote:
> Toni from T.O. wrote:
>
>> None at all, sweetheart. Ta-ra for now.
>
> ah sorry bout that last night (called you a knob polisher)
> it was just something "ugly" to say at the moment, had nothing to do
> with you
> like I said, I like the way you think.
>
> ok flame away i got it coming

Get help!

Unknown One
May 5th 06, 03:20 PM
Very sorry for your lost but would like to say that this is one more reason I think cats
should be kept indoors where they are safe.

>I am very very sorry for your loss.
>

>> I noticed she was missing on Tuesday, April 25, and that afternoon
>> after work I looked for her -- under my house, under my shed, under my
>> neighbor's house. Did not find her.
>>
>> On Weds. I expanded the search, looking in neighbors' yards several
>> houses away from my own. I thought I heard my cat's distinct "meow" in
>> the yard four houses down from my own, but did not find her.
>>
>> On Thurs. I called the town animal control officer, who said he had not
>> found my cat; I went out to the pound anyway, and did not find her. I
>> also called the police, to see if any officers had reported a dead cat.
>> And I called all the vets in town, to see if someone had run over her
>> and brought her in. Did not find her.
>>
>> After work that day I searched the park a block from my house, and,
>> finding nothing, I went back home, and resolved to search my own yard
>> again more carefully.
>>
>> To my shock, I found my cat dead in a sewer drain; I could plainly see
>> her through a grating, which she had reached by climbing through a PVC
>> pipe about 7-inches in diameter. She was lying down, with her front
>> paws before her, and her back paws behind her; her head was erect. She
>> looked as though resting.
>>
>> It had rained terribly on Tues. & early Weds, and although her hair was
>> now mostly dry (there no longer being any water in the pipe), it was
>> matted and spiked, showing that it had been extremely wet. The hair
>> from her chin to the top of her head, however, looked as though it had
>> not gotten wet. Her eyes were slightly open.
>>
>> My original thought was that she had been pulled down into the sewer by
>> rushing rain water; or that before it rained she had crawled into the
>> pipe out of curiosity, and had been caught there by the water. But she
>> did not look like she had drowned, since she was in a relaxed position
>> with her head up. Also, I found it hard to believe that she had been
>> sucked into the pipe, because the pipe in question simply didn't draw
>> that much water; it merely drained a small part of my yard.
>>
>> Increasingly, however, I am of the opinion that she crawled into the
>> pipe to die, since cats are commonly known to hide away in order to
>> die. As far as I know, she had never before crawled into that pipe,
>> even though it had been in our yard for several years. Perhaps this is
>> wishful thinking on my part, but she was 15, as I mentioned, and not
>> the cat she used to be.
>>
>> SKB, 1 May 2006

Juice
May 6th 06, 12:28 AM
Joe Canuck wrote:

> Get help!

sure thing! just hold on Joe, it's goin be alright

just take some deep slow breaths, just breathe out all that ignorance

thaaat's right, reeelaaaxs

ok, im goin to get you some help now

woo!

Joe Canuck
May 6th 06, 01:51 AM
Juice wrote:
> Joe Canuck wrote:
>
>> Get help!
>
> sure thing! just hold on Joe, it's goin be alright
>
> just take some deep slow breaths, just breathe out all that ignorance
>
> thaaat's right, reeelaaaxs
>
> ok, im goin to get you some help now
>
> woo!

Juice has gone rancid from being left out of cold storage for too long.

Toni from T.O.
May 6th 06, 02:44 PM
"Juice" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> ah sorry bout that last night (called you a knob polisher)

You called me a sergeant, too. No worries! Now drop and give me 20 ;-)

-L.
May 6th 06, 05:24 PM
Toni from T.O. wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
> > Haven't been on Usenet long, have we?
>
> I've been on Usenet long enough to recognize that many people will shout
> "troll" at the slightest provocation. That doesn't make it right.

I didn't call you a troll. I said you are naive.

-L.

cybercat
May 6th 06, 05:35 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Toni from T.O. wrote:
> > "-L." > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >
> > > Haven't been on Usenet long, have we?
> >
> > I've been on Usenet long enough to recognize that many people will shout
> > "troll" at the slightest provocation. That doesn't make it right.
>
> I didn't call you a troll. I said you are naive.

Dimwit thinks that I was calling the OP a troll. I was merely pointing out
that it seemed odd for the OP to post about his dead cat with an email
that appears to refer to a dead cat. My bad, I guess. But, hey, I never
said I was perfect! I just thought it was odd.

Juice
May 6th 06, 07:02 PM
Toni from T.O. wrote:
> "Juice" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > ah sorry bout that last night (called you a knob polisher)
>
> You called me a sergeant, too. No worries! Now drop and give me 20 ;-)

your charity was for a good cause

Char
May 7th 06, 12:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It's so sad that our most loved
companions have such a short life span.
My girl is 12 years old now. Shes still pretty perky, and plays in the yard
under my close supervision.
Shes an indoor cat, that has yard privileges only when I am outside with
her.
She listens to commands, EXAMPLE: stay, come here, no, leave it alone, and
my favorite.."Don't eat that!" LOL

Maybe you should consider keeping your future kitties indoors with small
yard privileges as it is much healthier and safer for them. Your not really
doing them any favours letting them roam free at will.

It's too bad that the post you made had to turn into a "flame gone mad"
between JYoung and Lastcatstanding.
That showed immense disrespect for you and others that may be going through
hard times with the loss of their companion kitties.
Hope you feel better soon!

Char

oups.com...