PDA

View Full Version : revolution

Michael Lane
May 7th 06, 11:23 PM
Does anyone use this for flea control? Also has anyone had experience
with it killing ear mites? In the info I have read it claims to kill ear
mites.

thanks

Michael Lane

" Say what you want and be who you are,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. "
Dr. Seuss

Wendy
May 7th 06, 11:40 PM
I had a vet prescribe it for ear mites for some young kittens I was
fostering. They also had fleas. The revolution took care of both.

Wendy

"Michael Lane" > wrote in message
> Does anyone use this for flea control? Also has anyone had experience
> with it killing ear mites? In the info I have read it claims to kill ear
> mites.
>
> thanks
>
> Michael Lane
>
> " Say what you want and be who you are,
> because those who mind don't matter
> and those who matter don't mind. "
> Dr. Seuss

Char
May 8th 06, 12:43 AM
It works well for mites and fairly well for fleas.
I would use advantage if just had a flea problem. Advantage seems to work
better in the flea dept.
I use Revolution twice a year to control mites/worms and then Advantage all
the other times.
Theres a law here that says if you havent taken your cat to a vet in a years
time, they wont give you advantage or revolution. And if you want one dose
of Advantage, it has to be administered at the vet. BUT...revolution can be
bought in single doses and you can take it home with you.

"Michael Lane" > wrote in message
> Does anyone use this for flea control? Also has anyone had experience
> with it killing ear mites? In the info I have read it claims to kill ear
> mites.
>
> thanks
>
> Michael Lane
>
> " Say what you want and be who you are,
> because those who mind don't matter
> and those who matter don't mind. "
> Dr. Seuss

jmc
May 8th 06, 02:18 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Michael Lane exclaimed (5/7/2006 6:23 PM):
> Does anyone use this for flea control? Also has anyone had experience
> with it killing ear mites? In the info I have read it claims to kill ear
> mites.
>
> thanks
>
> Michael Lane
>
> " Say what you want and be who you are,
> because those who mind don't matter
> and those who matter don't mind. "
> Dr. Seuss

I use it on my cat as she's allergic or something to Frontline.

I like it a lot, tiny little tube, easy to apply. It's like DMSO as
when it hits Meep's skin, she can taste it and hates the taste (face
expression and licking lips). I just give her something to kill the
taste and as a reward for being good...

Anyway, I think it works very well, but as Meep has never had mites that
I know of, I can't say for sure. When I went overlong between
applications once, she did pick up something that left little "pimples"
on her ears, they were gone a day or two after application. She's
certainly not had fleas or any other bug as long as I apply it as scheduled.

jmc

country_cinderella
May 8th 06, 08:18 AM
Hello Michael,

I have not used Revolution but my vet has not said anything bad about it. I
have had one of the vets I go to tell me that, although not specifically
tested for this, Advantage is better dermatological for cats, than
Frontline. I believe that Advantage is also reported to help kill ear mites
but I do not remember for sure and would have to check with my vet. I have
multiple cats and foster others on a regular basis. I use Advantage on my
cats. Except for the ones that are too young for it. My vet has suggested
for the kittens that at the most (if they come in with a really bad flea
problem) I can spray some flea spray on a rag and then gently rub the
kittens, this way they do not get a lot of it on their skin and thus in
their delicate systems. Of course it does not last long since it is only rub
on the surface of the fur but helps to start getting rid of the fleas when
they are too young for anything else.

country_cinderella

"Michael Lane" > wrote in message
> Does anyone use this for flea control? Also has anyone had experience
> with it killing ear mites? In the info I have read it claims to kill ear
> mites.
>
> thanks
>
> Michael Lane
>
> " Say what you want and be who you are,
> because those who mind don't matter
> and those who matter don't mind. "
> Dr. Seuss

Shardonnay
May 8th 06, 03:17 PM
Michael Lane wrote:

> Does anyone use this for flea control? Also has anyone had experience
> with it killing ear mites? In the info I have read it claims to kill ear
> mites.
>
> thanks
>
> Michael Lane
>
> " Say what you want and be who you are,
> because those who mind don't matter
> and those who matter don't mind. "
> Dr. Seuss

Used it with great success for ear mites!