PDA

View Full Version : Re: HELP! My cat is attacking the other cats

Char
May 8th 06, 06:40 AM
That happens sometimes, he will eventually calm down, don't worry.
Its happened with my cats before and they seem to be better in a few days at
most.
Just separate him from the others for the night. Give him lots of love.
Hes just upset and scared.
His territory was invaded and he feels defensive.

"Rechelle D." > wrote in message
t...

> I need help! My oldest cat, Shadow, was outside with me earlier today
when
> I was grilling dinner and a stray cat, who he has socialized with before
> with no problems, came around and starting howling and hissing at him. No
> fight occurred, because Shadow was immediately ordered back inside and I
> kept the female away from chasing him (she initiated the problem).
>
> It has now been almost 6 hours since the altercation and Shadow is still
> hissing & growling & attacking the other inside cats. I've given him some
> meds to try to calm him down but they haven't worked. I've currently got
> him separated from the others to give him some alone time to calm down,
but
> I need advice on what else I can do to help him!
>
> When I've been laying in bed resting with him this evening, he'll lay
curled
> against me, with his head buried into my arm. If I could be sure that the
> other cats wouldn't come near us, and that he'd stay, I'd let him stay
there
> all night to comfort him, but I can't guarantee that he would stay there.
>
> Please ANY suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

Rechelle D.
May 8th 06, 11:58 AM
"Char" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> That happens sometimes, he will eventually calm down, don't worry.
> Its happened with my cats before and they seem to be better in a few
days at
> most.
> Just separate him from the others for the night. Give him lots of love.
> Hes just upset and scared.
> His territory was invaded and he feels defensive.

Thanks Char!

Should I leave him in the bathroom for a few days with food, water,
litter & toys? Or should I let him out while I'm home and awake? I was
actually beginning to think of taking him to the vet to get some tranqs for
him, but not sure if I could get in today anyways. I'm really worried
about him, though. I've had him and another cat for the same length of
time, they're normally totally inseperable and she won't even go near him,
he keeps snarling and hissing at her. Only cat not afraid of him is my
kitten, but I don't think he's quite smart enough to know to be scared of
him. Last night, Stormy slipped into the bathroom (kitten) and Shadow laid
his ears flat, teeth bared, snarling & hissing & Stormy just walked right
up to him. Silly kitten.

Char
May 9th 06, 03:24 PM
Yes, try to keep him quiet and away from the others.
He will calm down. Hes just feeling vulnerable right now.
Cats are sooooo emotional!
Give him some reassuring love and attention. That should do the trick soon
enough.
Good luck :)
Char

. net...