PDA

View Full Version : who has recipes for homemade cat food and treats?

Char
May 9th 06, 03:20 PM
Anyone out there have any good recipes for properly nutritious
homemade cat food and or kitty treats that a cat would actually eat?

I tried to make some kitty treats once...made exactly like the recipe called for...took the time to make it, roll them out, cut them into little bite size pieces ( not easy when the count gets to over 100!) and slow bake them in the oven...ONLY TO HAVE EBONY STICK HER NOSE UP IN THE AIR AT THEM!

grrrrrrrr! LOL
So I tried to pawn them off on the next door neighbours cat, who sorta liked them.
I ended up throwing 90% of it away.

I feed Ebony Medi-Cal Mature ( bought at the vets) she grazes this freely, 1/2 can of fancy feast only in the mornings for breakfast and Temptations as a treat once in awhile.
I'd like to at least find a good recipe for treats that would be better for her ...something with Omega 3 fatty acids ect. Shes getting older and I have to worry about kidney function ect.

thanks everyone,
Char

Char
May 10th 06, 02:53 AM
Awwww! *gives you a tissue*
Shes my baby, what can I say? lol ...I love her completely and utterly.
She is well worth it, and I get complete unconditional love back from her.
I have never gotten unconditional love from any human, other than my
parents.

--
Web site: http://www.slywy.com/
Message board: http://www.slywy.com/phpBB2/

Rene S.
May 11th 06, 04:12 PM
Char wrote:
> Anyone out there have any good recipes for properly nutritious
> homemade cat food and or kitty treats that a cat would actually eat?

There are lots of recipes here. You can choose the one(s) with
ingredients your cat likes.
http://www.simplypets.com/pet-recipes/Cat/Treat

Char
May 11th 06, 06:30 PM
thank you!

"Rene S." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Char wrote:
> > Anyone out there have any good recipes for properly nutritious
> > homemade cat food and or kitty treats that a cat would actually eat?
> >

> There are lots of recipes here. You can choose the one(s) with
> ingredients your cat likes.
> http://www.simplypets.com/pet-recipes/Cat/Treat

Anna via CatKB.com
May 11th 06, 07:22 PM
Char wrote:
>thank you!

>> There are lots of recipes here. You can choose the one(s) with
>> ingredients your cat likes.
>> http://www.simplypets.com/pet-recipes/Cat/Treat

Char, if you make any of the meals, don't make the ones called Kitty Taco,
Fancy Soup or Breakfast for your Buddy - they have onions and/or garlic in
them as cats should never be fed onions or garlic. Both contain an alkaloid
disulfide compound that is toxic to to red blood cells which can the cat to
become anemic (dogs too). Here's a good FAQ section for cat nutrition:

http://www.petdiets.com/default.asp?Menu=FAQs&PageName=/faqs/default.asp

Char
May 12th 06, 01:51 AM
"Anna via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Char wrote:
> >thank you!
>
> >> There are lots of recipes here. You can choose the one(s) with
> >> ingredients your cat likes.
> >> http://www.simplypets.com/pet-recipes/Cat/Treat
>

> Char, if you make any of the meals, don't make the ones called Kitty Taco,
> Fancy Soup or Breakfast for your Buddy - they have onions and/or garlic in
> them as cats should never be fed onions or garlic. Both contain an
alkaloid
> disulfide compound that is toxic to to red blood cells which can the cat
> become anemic (dogs too). Here's a good FAQ section for cat nutrition:
>
> http://www.petdiets.com/default.asp?Menu=FAQs&PageName=/faqs/default.asp
>
> -- > http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200605/1

> Message posted via CatKB.com

Good to know :) thanks
I hear mushrooms and grapes are another food no no for cats ( and of course
chocolate)
I used to let Ebony have a grape when I was eating them because she loved
them so much. But I don't do that anymore since I found out grapes have an
enzyme that could be poisonous to cats and dogs.