PDA

View Full Version : Isaac the insane eating machine

Elizabeth Blake
May 9th 06, 04:53 PM
I adopted Isaac last month from a shelter. He's 1 1/2, neutered, skinny &
super sweet and friendly. For the first week or so that I had him he wasn't
eating much and he was also battling an upper respiratory virus. Eventually
he started eating more, especially when I cooked some ground turkey to
sprinkle on his food. I did that for as long as his medication was being
put in his food, and then I stopped.

Now he gets wet food twice a day (along with my other cat, Otto) and a
little dry food treat in the late evening. He acts like he's never seen
food before when I go to prepare their dishes. I have to feed him in my
bedroom because he eats his food incredibly fast. Really, really fast.
I've never seen anything like it. He then goes and pushes Otto aside (even
though Otto is twice his size) and eats his food. Whenever I'm preparing my
own food he's right in my face looking for handouts. If he thinks he hears
a treat bag he comes running and starts jumping up at me.

This morning I was getting my lunch ready. I had a piece of onion focaccia
bread on the counter and then stepped out of the kitchen for about 10
seconds. Went back in... where's my bread? I found it under the table with
Isaac who was happily chowing down on it. I've been putting canned pumpkin
in his food because he's still having problems with loose stools. He's more
than happy to eat that straight off the spoon. Any food item he sees, he
wants even if it's something you wouldn't think a cat might like. I can't
leave any food unattended. Any food with a strong odor that's in a plastic
bag or box must also be put away because he'll shred the packaging to get at
what's inside.

Right now I'm splitting a 5.5oz can twice a day between the two cats. I
give Isaac slightly more than Otto, and Isaac gets about 2 tbsp of pumpkin
in his. Often Otto doesn't finish his and Isaac takes care of the
leftovers. For dry food, he gets about 2 tbsp of SD kibble at night.
Should I be feeding him more? He's not a kitten anymore but he is quite
small. I don't want him to get fat either, though. Otto was long & lean
when I first got him and now he's a chunk of black fur (not obese, but
chunky).

--
Liz

Toni
May 9th 06, 05:09 PM
"Elizabeth Blake" > wrote in message

> Right now I'm splitting a 5.5oz can twice a day between the two cats. I
> give Isaac slightly more than Otto, and Isaac gets about 2 tbsp of pumpkin
> in his. Often Otto doesn't finish his and Isaac takes care of the
> leftovers. For dry food, he gets about 2 tbsp of SD kibble at night.
> Should I be feeding him more? He's not a kitten anymore but he is quite
> small. I don't want him to get fat either, though. Otto was long & lean
> when I first got him and now he's a chunk of black fur (not obese, but
> chunky).

That doesn't sound like too much food to me.

I would tend towards giving Isaac more food more frequently until you see
him carrying enough weight, then backing off. Sometimes shelter kitties have
been through quite a rough patch of never having enough to eat so it makes
sense that they go a bit nutso in the initial stages when presented with
food.

I have one that did much the same thing- once adopted he was very ill for a
bit, then he preceeded to eat the house as if to make up for it. He has
since levelled off.

-Toni

Joe Canuck
May 9th 06, 05:14 PM
Elizabeth Blake wrote:
> I adopted Isaac last month from a shelter. He's 1 1/2, neutered, skinny &
> super sweet and friendly. For the first week or so that I had him he wasn't
> eating much and he was also battling an upper respiratory virus. Eventually
> he started eating more, especially when I cooked some ground turkey to
> sprinkle on his food. I did that for as long as his medication was being
> put in his food, and then I stopped.
>
> Now he gets wet food twice a day (along with my other cat, Otto) and a
> little dry food treat in the late evening. He acts like he's never seen
> food before when I go to prepare their dishes. I have to feed him in my
> bedroom because he eats his food incredibly fast. Really, really fast.
> I've never seen anything like it. He then goes and pushes Otto aside (even
> though Otto is twice his size) and eats his food. Whenever I'm preparing my
> own food he's right in my face looking for handouts. If he thinks he hears
> a treat bag he comes running and starts jumping up at me.
>
> This morning I was getting my lunch ready. I had a piece of onion focaccia
> bread on the counter and then stepped out of the kitchen for about 10
> seconds. Went back in... where's my bread? I found it under the table with
> Isaac who was happily chowing down on it. I've been putting canned pumpkin
> in his food because he's still having problems with loose stools. He's more
> than happy to eat that straight off the spoon. Any food item he sees, he
> wants even if it's something you wouldn't think a cat might like. I can't
> leave any food unattended. Any food with a strong odor that's in a plastic
> bag or box must also be put away because he'll shred the packaging to get at
> what's inside.
>
> Right now I'm splitting a 5.5oz can twice a day between the two cats. I
> give Isaac slightly more than Otto, and Isaac gets about 2 tbsp of pumpkin
> in his. Often Otto doesn't finish his and Isaac takes care of the
> leftovers. For dry food, he gets about 2 tbsp of SD kibble at night.
> Should I be feeding him more? He's not a kitten anymore but he is quite
> small. I don't want him to get fat either, though. Otto was long & lean
> when I first got him and now he's a chunk of black fur (not obese, but
> chunky).
>
> --
> Liz

Haha... sounds like a piggy trapped inside a feline body.

I won't hurt to give him all he can eat for a while. The voracious
appetite may slow down some in a few weeks after getting stuffed a few
times. Perhaps he still has this notion his next meal might be the last
food he sees for a while... thus the gobbling everything in sight.

blkcatgal
May 10th 06, 04:50 AM
The kitten I adopted from a shelter is exactly the same way. I can't even
get the food into the dish before he starts eating it and trying to pull it
out of the dish. He is wild at feeding time! After he finishes his food he
tries to get the other cat's food. I have to watch him like a hawk. Even
after he eats he won't leave the kitchen and waits for more food. I thought
maybe I wasn't feeding him enough, either. (He gets 1/2 of a 5 1/2 oz can
and about 1/2 cup dry per day.) But he is a good weight and doesn't look
skinny. I'm really hoping he grows out of this stage.

Sue
"Elizabeth Blake" > wrote in message
>I adopted Isaac last month from a shelter. He's 1 1/2, neutered, skinny &
> super sweet and friendly. For the first week or so that I had him he
> wasn't
> eating much and he was also battling an upper respiratory virus.
> Eventually
> he started eating more, especially when I cooked some ground turkey to
> sprinkle on his food. I did that for as long as his medication was being
> put in his food, and then I stopped.
>
> Now he gets wet food twice a day (along with my other cat, Otto) and a
> little dry food treat in the late evening. He acts like he's never seen
> food before when I go to prepare their dishes. I have to feed him in my
> bedroom because he eats his food incredibly fast. Really, really fast.
> I've never seen anything like it. He then goes and pushes Otto aside
> (even
> though Otto is twice his size) and eats his food. Whenever I'm preparing
> my
> own food he's right in my face looking for handouts. If he thinks he
> hears
> a treat bag he comes running and starts jumping up at me.
>
> This morning I was getting my lunch ready. I had a piece of onion
> focaccia
> bread on the counter and then stepped out of the kitchen for about 10
> seconds. Went back in... where's my bread? I found it under the table
> with
> Isaac who was happily chowing down on it. I've been putting canned
> pumpkin
> in his food because he's still having problems with loose stools. He's
> more
> than happy to eat that straight off the spoon. Any food item he sees, he
> wants even if it's something you wouldn't think a cat might like. I can't
> leave any food unattended. Any food with a strong odor that's in a
> plastic
> bag or box must also be put away because he'll shred the packaging to get
> at
> what's inside.
>
> Right now I'm splitting a 5.5oz can twice a day between the two cats. I
> give Isaac slightly more than Otto, and Isaac gets about 2 tbsp of pumpkin
> in his. Often Otto doesn't finish his and Isaac takes care of the
> leftovers. For dry food, he gets about 2 tbsp of SD kibble at night.
> Should I be feeding him more? He's not a kitten anymore but he is quite
> small. I don't want him to get fat either, though. Otto was long & lean
> when I first got him and now he's a chunk of black fur (not obese, but
> chunky).
>
> --
> Liz

Lesley
May 10th 06, 10:01 AM
.. He acts like he's never seen
> food before when I go to prepare their dishes. I have to feed him in my
> bedroom because he eats his food incredibly fast. Really, really fast.
> I've never seen anything like it. He then goes and pushes Otto aside (even
> though Otto is twice his size) and eats his food.

As he's come from a shelter- do you know his previous history? A friend
of mine has two cats that were left in a locked house for several days
before being rescued. One result is that they go crazy if they're not
fed on time. It's like they remember being hungry and they're afraid
that they aren't going to get fed again

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Elizabeth Blake
May 10th 06, 05:21 PM
Thanls for the replies. I guess I'll feed him a little more. Since I'm
away from home about 11 hours a day (work, commute) 3 meals is tough. I'll
give him more dry food for his bedtime snack now. He's pretty good about
not waking me up for food, but once I'm awake he wants to be fed NOW. Last
night I was getting a new can of pumpkin out and put some in his bowl and he
jumped on the counter and had half of that finished before I could even get
the can of cat food open.

And then this morning, Otto didn't seem right. I put Isaac in the bedroom
with his breakfast and then put Otto's bowl down but he didn't want it. He
walked away, but then went in the bathroom to poop. I added some dry food
(which he thinks is a treat) to his and he ate a little then went off to his
cat castle to sleep. When Isaac was let out of the bedroom he ate
everything in Otto's bowl. I'm hoping Otto isn't coming down with any kind
of virus. I kept him & Isaac apart at first until Isaac's medications were
finished and he stopped coughing/sneezing.

Isaac isn't a kitten, he'll be 2 at the end of the summer, and I was told
that he was given up due to the owner's allergies. I know he was fed three
times a day at the shelter (Science Diet canned & dry) but don't know what
his home feedings were like. He loves any food I've given him, SD,
Wellness, Petguard. Not to mention pumpkin, bread, sausage from my lunch
that he stole while my back was turned, turkey, vegetarian fake ground
"meat" and anything else he can fit in his mouth. He's reminding me of my
sister's late cat, who loved kale, kiwi, even grapefruit. If it was edible,
she ate it.

--
Liz

Char
May 10th 06, 06:29 PM
Last night I was getting a new can of pumpkin out and put some in his bowl and he
> jumped on the counter and had half of that finished before I could even get
> the can of cat food open.

** why do you allow Issac to jump up on the counters and eat?
You are just re-inforcing a bad behavior and showing him that it's ok to do this.
He won't stop stealing food behind your back unless you teach him that this is
unacceptable behavior. Just get a water bottle and give him a squirt with it when he jumps on the counters.
And say "No" to him in a deep voice.
Then don't give him the food till he listens. You will need endless paitence and though it may take awhile to teach him ,Cats that jump up on counters will ingest numerous items off the counter that may smell like food or has been near food.
Example: rubber bands, twist ties, strings from chicken/roast, bones ect. These all could have fatal results.
This doesnt include electrical appliances or sharp knives he could be injured on.
What if he decided to start licking the sharp edges of the top of the can as you were opening it?
For his own good, you should not let him up there.
There are many ways to teach our beloved kitties proper behavior in a loving way.
When he jumps down after being squirted, tell him, Stay there Isssac...Good boy! In a raised happy voice. Then give him a peice of dry food as a reward. Then just be consistant, Don't veer from how you react.....believe me it pays off!
Cats actually like structure in their lives, they are more secure and less stressed with consistancy and little change in the everyday events.
I have a very well behaved kitty and this is how I taught her, love and consistency is the teacher.

Please consider this Elizabeth, it's just a thought from me to you.

Char

> And then this morning, Otto didn't seem right. I put Isaac in the bedroom
> with his breakfast and then put Otto's bowl down but he didn't want it. He
> walked away, but then went in the bathroom to poop. I added some dry food
> (which he thinks is a treat) to his and he ate a little then went off to his
> cat castle to sleep. When Isaac was let out of the bedroom he ate
> everything in Otto's bowl. I'm hoping Otto isn't coming down with any kind
> of virus. I kept him & Isaac apart at first until Isaac's medications were
> finished and he stopped coughing/sneezing.
>
> Isaac isn't a kitten, he'll be 2 at the end of the summer, and I was told
> that he was given up due to the owner's allergies. I know he was fed three
> times a day at the shelter (Science Diet canned & dry) but don't know what
> his home feedings were like. He loves any food I've given him, SD,
> Wellness, Petguard. Not to mention pumpkin, bread, sausage from my lunch
> that he stole while my back was turned, turkey, vegetarian fake ground
> "meat" and anything else he can fit in his mouth. He's reminding me of my
> sister's late cat, who loved kale, kiwi, even grapefruit. If it was edible,
> she ate it.
>
> --
> Liz

Char
May 11th 06, 06:13 AM
"D." > wrote in message . net...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Char" > wrote:
>
> > Last night I was getting a new can of pumpkin out and put some in his bowl
> > and he
> > > jumped on the counter and had half of that finished before I could even get
> > > the can of cat food open.
> >
> > ** why do you allow Issac to jump up on the counters and eat?
> > You are just re-inforcing a bad behavior and showing him that it's ok to do
> > this.
> > He won't stop stealing food behind your back unless you teach him that this
> > is
> > unacceptable behavior. Just get a water bottle and give him a squirt with it
> > when he jumps on the counters.

> Maybe she doesn't think it's a bad behaviour and doesn't mind if her
> cats do it. It's an individual thing.

> --
> Web site: http://www.slywy.com/
> Message board: http://www.slywy.com/phpBB2/
> Journal: http://slywy.blogspot.com/

To D;
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I did end my statement to her with;
"its just a thought from me to you" I was not being judgemental to her.

In my own personal opinion, cats that run rampant on kitchen countertops also spread germs from their feet fresh from the litter box to the cooking / preparation of food areas.
The concern is this: Cat feces may in fact carry parasites, bacteria, germs,
pathogens and viruses that are harmful to humans -- one of theses organisms ( Toxoplasma gondii) is known to cause severe brain damage to unborn children.
But, I didn't mention this because I wasn't trying to be judgemental or mean, just supporting and informative.
If you are going to quote me, please quote me in full with both opinions I stated, not just <snips> of partial sentences.
I also stated, and I quote;
"Cats that jump up on counters will ingest numerous items off the counter that may smell like food or has been near food. Example: rubber bands, twist ties, strings from chicken/roast, bones ect. These all could have fatal results. This doesnt exclude electrical appliances or sharp knives he could be injured on.
What if he decided to start licking the sharp edges of the top of the can as you were opening it?
For his own good, you should not let him up there."

I myself would not want my beloved companion electrocuted, stabbed accidently by a sharp kitchen utensil, or injest something that would wrap around the bowels or perforate them, maybe constricting them and eventual surgical removal and a hospital stay adding up to hundreds of dollars.

I also wouldn't want to prepare my dinner on a countertop I thought was clean, that I had just cleaned, and left the room for a second, then unknowingly, my beloved kitty jumps up behind my back searching for food and infects it with some pathogen/germ transferred from his feet after taking a great big crap moments before.

To correct this behavior is an action of love and concern about your kitties and your families well being.
But, of course this is only my personal opinion.
thanks,
Char

dgk
May 11th 06, 07:08 PM
On Thu, 11 May 2006 01:13:06 GMT, "D." >
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> "Char" > wrote:
>
>> Last night I was getting a new can of pumpkin out and put some in his bowl
>> and he
>> > jumped on the counter and had half of that finished before I could even get
>> > the can of cat food open.
>>

>> ** why do you allow Issac to jump up on the counters and eat?
>> You are just re-inforcing a bad behavior and showing him that it's ok to do
>> this.
>> He won't stop stealing food behind your back unless you teach him that this
>> is
>> unacceptable behavior. Just get a water bottle and give him a squirt with it
>> when he jumps on the counters.
>
>Maybe she doesn't think it's a bad behaviour and doesn't mind if her
>cats do it. It's an individual thing.

My S.O. thinks that it's disgusting to let a cat climb on the food
counters. I don't care as long as we're not actually cooking at the
time.

Toni
May 11th 06, 07:54 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message

> My S.O. thinks that it's disgusting to let a cat climb on the food
> counters. I don't care as long as we're not actually cooking at the
> time.

I'd probably prefer that they didn't go on the counters, but the best I've
been able to do is get them to the point when they don't go up there when I
am around. I'm not kidding myself about what they do when nobody is home.

And I've had dogs large enough to eat out of a pot on the stove long enough
to have developed the habit of never leaving anything out or uncovered. Not
food, not knives, not anything. There is nothing that can be hurt, or that
can hurt them, up there.
Exception being a solid surface stove that remains hot after cooking is
done. So I've developed another habit- filling the pan with water and
leaving it on the burner as the surface cools. Notice that is me who has
adapted and not the kitties.

I wipe the counters down very frequently. It's no big deal and Clorox clean
up wipes are cheap.
Works for me.

--
Toni
http://www.irish-wolfhounds.com

dgk
May 12th 06, 02:15 PM
On Fri, 12 May 2006 01:14:18 GMT, "D." >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "Toni" > wrote:
>
>> Exception being a solid surface stove that remains hot after cooking is
>> done. So I've developed another habit- filling the pan with water and
>> leaving it on the burner as the surface cools. Notice that is me who has
>> adapted and not the kitties.
>
>My stove has pans on all four burners at all times so as to discourage
>His Nibs from walking on it. Sure, that and many other things
>disqualifies me for Better Homes and Gardens, but what the heck. :)

I have to stay around the barbque because I'm always afraid that one
of the boys will jump on it. And I always put the knives and forks
upside down in the drainer so they can't jump on them.

Oh, this is even crazier. The stove in my old apartment had really
easy to turn knobs, so I took the knobs off and just left the metal
rods. My current stove knobs have to be pushed in before they will
turn so I can leave the knobs on. Plus it's got the pizo-electric
starters so there aren't pilot lights to worry about. Better cat
living through chemistry. Or physics. Whatever.

Elizabeth Blake
May 16th 06, 05:01 PM
"Char" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Last night I was getting a new can of pumpkin out and put some in his
bowl and he
> jumped on the counter and had half of that finished before I could even
get
> the can of cat food open.

** why do you allow Issac to jump up on the counters and eat?
You are just re-inforcing a bad behavior and showing him that it's ok to
do this.
He won't stop stealing food behind your back unless you teach him that
this is
unacceptable behavior. Just get a water bottle and give him a squirt with
it when he jumps on the counters.
And say "No" to him in a deep voice.
Then don't give him the food till he listens. You will need endless
paitence and though it may take awhile to teach him ,Cats that jump up on
counters will ingest numerous items off the counter that may smell like
food or has been near food.
Example: rubber bands, twist ties, strings from chicken/roast, bones ect.
These all could have fatal results.
This doesnt include electrical appliances or sharp knives he could be
injured on.
What if he decided to start licking the sharp edges of the top of the can
as you were opening it?
For his own good, you should not let him up there.
There are many ways to teach our beloved kitties proper behavior in a
loving way.
When he jumps down after being squirted, tell him, Stay there
Isssac...Good boy! In a raised happy voice. Then give him a peice of dry
food as a reward. Then just be consistant, Don't veer from how you
react.....believe me it pays off!
Cats actually like structure in their lives, they are more secure and less
stressed with consistancy and little change in the everyday events.
I have a very well behaved kitty and this is how I taught her, love and
consistency is the teacher.

Please consider this Elizabeth, it's just a thought from me to you.

Char
A few days late answering this since I was away.

Someone else said that maybe I don't consider Isaac's jumping on the counter
to be a problem but I do. Yes, it can be cute but it isn't something I want
to encourage. I don't allow him to eat on the counter but sometimes if I've
got my back turned to put the container of pumpkin back in the fridge, or to
throw the cat food can lid in the trash, he makes his move and grabs as big
a mouthful as he can. He has now moved from jumping on the counter (the
sink, actually) to jumping on top of my little pantry, which is where I keep
my medications. Those I had to move because I don't want him knocking down
my weekly pill case and spilling the contents (Levoxyl for my thyroid, a low
dose aspirin and a multivitamin). I've heard that aspirin is really bad for
cats and would be most afraid of him gulping that down. He's also getting
on top of the fridge and knocking everything down. I have limited storage
space in my kitchen and the fridge is overed in stuff. The garbage can is
also of interest to him and I have to keep stuff piled on top of it so he
can't get into it.

I was out of town Thursday-Sunday. When I got home early Monday morning I
saw the cat sitter left a note saying Isaac had gotten hold of both bags of
cat treats, which he of course shredded & consumed. I'm guessing Otto may
have helped him with the eating part but I wouldn't bet on it. The boxes of
cereal were knocked off the fridge. The plastic Rubbermaid container that
holds the bag of dry food had been gnawed on but it was too tough for him to
break into.

Last night I get home from work and unpack a bag of stuff I bought at Trafer
Joe's, including a bag of almonds. I go out of the kitchen for a second and
hear a thud. Go back in, try to guess what happened. Don't see anything on
the floor. Hmmm.... hear a rustling under the table and there's Isaac with
the bag of almonds, biting through the plastic. Grab that from him before
he actually rips it open, put it in the fridge.

Then last night, and this is totally my fault, I took a blueberry bran
muffin out of the freezer to thaw for breakfast. It's wrapped in
cellophane, and I leave it on the counter. This morning I find it on the
futon in the living room partially consumed, crumbs everywhere.

So, even things you'd think a cat would have no interest in manage to
interest Isaac. He's just obsessed with food. He also steals the kitchen
towels, potholders & oven mitts and brings them all to the futon. Some of
them must smell of food but he also just stole the freshly laundered ones
too.

I need to get a spray bottle, something I've never needed with Otto or
Tiger. When I yell at Isaac and tell him NO, he actually whines! He does
know the meaning of NO if he gets frisky while we're playing and starts to
bite my hand. When I tell him NO then, he stops. Usually he's perfectly
fine during playtime, no biting. When he egst very excited and is
especially happy to see me he likes to nip my face and it's harder to get
him to stop doing that.

Isaac is a handful right now but he's young and I love him dearly, even when
he's knocking stuff down and stealing my food.

--
Liz

Char
May 17th 06, 06:17 AM
Wow! You sure have your hands full. Its worse than I could imagine..LOL

Your going to have to be firm with him for sure. I had a cat once that liked
to chew on stuff just because he could.

He ate needles off the Christmas tree one year. I couldnt keep him away from
the tree no matter what I did. I kept him in the bedroom when I went to work
and was constantly giving him hell when he was out because he would go
directly to the tree and start eating. I just about had enough and was going
to actually get rid of the tree the next day.
I watched him like a hawk, and he still ended up with so many pine needles
in his stomach that the stomach acid hardened them and they perforated his
bowls in numerous areas.
1200.00 vet bill later..let me say, I got extremely firm with him after
that. He learned though.
Took me 2 years to pay it off, thank god there was a company that gave you a
credit card for vet bills and a payment plan or it would have been fatal for
him.
I will never ever have a real Christmas tree again if I have a cat in the
house, or tinsel. ( that long silver thread)
Char

"Elizabeth Blake" > wrote in message
et...
> [...]
> towels, potholders & oven mitts and brings them all to the futon. Some of
> them must smell of food but he also just stole the freshly laundered ones
> too.
>
> I need to get a spray bottle, something I've never needed with Otto or
> Tiger. When I yell at Isaac and tell him NO, he actually whines! He does
> know the meaning of NO if he gets frisky while we're playing and starts to
> bite my hand. When I tell him NO then, he stops. Usually he's perfectly
> fine during playtime, no biting. When he egst very excited and is
> especially happy to see me he likes to nip my face and it's harder to get
> him to stop doing that.
>
> Isaac is a handful right now but he's young and I love him dearly, even
when
> he's knocking stuff down and stealing my food.

mlbriggs
May 18th 06, 10:13 PM
On Wed, 10 May 2006 02:01:35 -0700, Lesley wrote:

> . He acts like he's never seen
>> food before when I go to prepare their dishes. I have to feed him in my
>> bedroom because he eats his food incredibly fast. Really, really fast.
>> I've never seen anything like it. He then goes and pushes Otto aside (even
>> though Otto is twice his size) and eats his food.
>
> As he's come from a shelter- do you know his previous history? A friend
> of mine has two cats that were left in a locked house for several days
> before being rescued. One result is that they go crazy if they're not
> fed on time. It's like they remember being hungry and they're afraid
> that they aren't going to get fed again
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

IMHO That is how TuTu got so fat. She was found as a kitten wandering on
a major highway and starved. Then she was in a cage at a rescue center
for a long time. When she got to my home, she wanted to eat all the time
and never could stand the sight of an empty food dish. Like Scarlet in
Gone With the Wind she said "I swear I'll never go hungry again". She
still wants kibble in her dish even if she doesn't want to eat right then.
MLB