PDA

View Full Version : cat fight injured paw

reginakirt
May 11th 06, 07:24 AM
My cat Sam injured his toe, there are no outward signs of injury but his paw is swollen and sore. What can help his swelling and pain without drugs? He is very sensitive and traumatized. What can I do to avoid adding to his stress?

chas
May 11th 06, 05:38 PM
I strongly suggest you take him to the vet ASAP. He may have been bitten
either by another cat or something else - or stung.

A previous cat of mine was bitten (unknown to me at the time) and by the
time he showed discomfort the problem had affected his 'knee' joint as well.

It will probably just be a course of antibiotics if there is nothing obvious
but if you leave it, it will not only cause him further pain, but you
further expense.

chas

cybercat
May 11th 06, 06:18 PM
"reginakirt" > wrote in message

> My cat Sam injured his toe, there are no outward signs of injury but his
> paw is swollen and sore. What can help his swelling and pain without
> drugs? He is very sensitive and traumatized. What can I do to avoid
> adding to his stress?

Don't worry about his STRESS, worry about his paw. Get him in to the vet,
and keep him inside where he cannot get hurt. The next time he could get
killed.

Joe Canuck
May 11th 06, 06:29 PM
reginakirt wrote:
> My cat Sam injured his toe, there are no outward signs of injury but his
> paw is swollen and sore. What can help his swelling and pain without
> drugs? He is very sensitive and traumatized. What can I do to avoid
> adding to his stress?

Take him to a vet for some professional care.

Anna via CatKB.com
May 11th 06, 07:05 PM
>paw is swollen and sore. What can help his swelling and pain withou
>drugs? He is very sensitive and traumatized. What can I do to avoi
>adding to his stress

As you can see from the attached link, bite wounds can cause an abscess:

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_bite_wound_abscess.html

Take him to the vet asap.