PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr

Niel Humphreys
May 13th 06, 09:21 AM
I've had a local stray hanging around for the last few months and it's
always got scars and scabs around it's head and face. Obviously was
someone's pet as he will let me pet him although never stay too close, my
other cats don't mind him either when he joins them for food.

This morning I got up and he was asleep on my stairs, usually he runs off
initially when seeing me but this time he just looked at me. I started
stroking him and he began meowling then pulled one of his front feet out and
started licking a very red and sore pad. It was then I noticed that the poor
thing has been declawed - which is not legal in the UK! So some scumbag has
moved house away from this area and left this poor cat to roam free with no
means of defence, looks like he's been getting beaten up by other ferals and
not beeing able to fight back, poor mite.

He's now in my spare room and going for a trip to the vets this morning.
Fingers crossed as he also has quite bad mouth sores and looks pretty old.

--

Niel H

Kiran
May 13th 06, 09:33 AM

:
: This morning I got up and he was asleep on my stairs, usually he runs off
: initially when seeing me but this time he just looked at me. I started
: stroking him and he began meowling then pulled one of his front feet out and
: started licking a very red and sore pad. It was then I noticed that the poor
: thing has been declawed - which is not legal in the UK! So some scumbag has
: moved house away from this area and left this poor cat to roam free with no
: means of defence, looks like he's been getting beaten up by other ferals and
: not beeing able to fight back, poor mite.
:
: He's now in my spare room and going for a trip to the vets this morning.
: Fingers crossed as he also has quite bad mouth sores and looks pretty old.

He obviously wants to be with you. A big hug and many purrs to you for
taking care of him!

Niel Humphreys
May 13th 06, 10:53 AM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> I've had a local stray hanging around for the last few months and it's
> always got scars and scabs around it's head and face. Obviously was
> someone's pet as he will let me pet him although never stay too close, my
> other cats don't mind him either when he joins them for food.
>
> This morning I got up and he was asleep on my stairs, usually he runs off
> initially when seeing me but this time he just looked at me. I started
> stroking him and he began meowling then pulled one of his front feet out
> and started licking a very red and sore pad. It was then I noticed that
> the poor thing has been declawed - which is not legal in the UK! So some
> scumbag has moved house away from this area and left this poor cat to roam
> free with no means of defence, looks like he's been getting beaten up by
> other ferals and not beeing able to fight back, poor mite.
>
> He's now in my spare room and going for a trip to the vets this morning.
> Fingers crossed as he also has quite bad mouth sores and looks pretty old.

Oops inappropriate rant. He's calmed down now and stretched out on the bad &
have had a better look at his paws. He has not been declawed, his bad front
paw is so swollen it is abuot 3x the size of the other one and you can't see
the claws for the swelling. He is also extremely hot and in obvious pain
though very placid as cats are. Got an appointment with the vet in an hour &
I hope the infection is not too bad and has spread to his blood. I certainly
wouldn't be surprised if he loses his front leg. :(
--

Niel H

Buddy
May 13th 06, 12:31 PM
Neil - please let us know how it goes at the vet.

May 13th 06, 12:51 PM
Hopefully, the vet can use antibiotics and perhaps lance and drain the paw
(sounds infected to me).

Good nutrition and less stress will really improve your stray kitties
health. Bless you for taking him in. That may be enough to help his
mouth - bad nutrition can cause all sorts of mouth problems, but your vet
will advise. Glad this kitty was willing to let you take him in - I've fed
ferals who simply refused to stay indoors.

Let us know how he does.

-- maryjane

"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> "Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
> message ...
>> I've had a local stray hanging around for the last few months and it's
>> always got scars and scabs around it's head and face. Obviously was
>> someone's pet as he will let me pet him although never stay too close, my
>> other cats don't mind him either when he joins them for food.
>>
>> This morning I got up and he was asleep on my stairs, usually he runs off
>> initially when seeing me but this time he just looked at me. I started
>> stroking him and he began meowling then pulled one of his front feet out
>> and started licking a very red and sore pad. It was then I noticed that
>> the poor thing has been declawed - which is not legal in the UK! So some
>> scumbag has moved house away from this area and left this poor cat to
>> roam free with no means of defence, looks like he's been getting beaten
>> up by other ferals and not beeing able to fight back, poor mite.
>>
>> He's now in my spare room and going for a trip to the vets this morning.
>> Fingers crossed as he also has quite bad mouth sores and looks pretty
>> old.
>

> Oops inappropriate rant. He's calmed down now and stretched out on the bad
> & have had a better look at his paws. He has not been declawed, his bad
> front paw is so swollen it is abuot 3x the size of the other one and you
> can't see the claws for the swelling. He is also extremely hot and in
> obvious pain though very placid as cats are. Got an appointment with the
> vet in an hour & I hope the infection is not too bad and has spread to his
> blood. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he loses his front leg. :(
> --
>
> Niel H

Niel Humphreys
May 13th 06, 12:52 PM
"Buddy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Neil - please let us know how it goes at the vet.

Just got back. What a strange car journey, he slept all the way there and
all the way back. As soon as the car started moving he lay down and nodded
off then woke up again when it stopped, amazing. :)

Anyway vet says the foot has been crushed but there are no broken bones. He
has an injection of pain killers and antibiotics plus flea/worm treatment
and is taking up residence in my spare room for the next 3 days while he has
a course of antibiotics. Vet says he is around 4-8 years old and in
otherwise good health, no signs of mouth sores so maybe he just likes to eat
kibble without chewing.

Anyway looks all OK and he's got a nice soft bed and unlimited food for the
next few days.

--

Niel H

Melia
May 13th 06, 01:25 PM
What a lucky kitty he is to have you. Fights and wounds for outdoor
male cats are common when the kitties are unneutered. How cool that he
was calm in the car. That's amazing. Bless you for taking care of
him.

M. Lyn
http://www.lovethatcat.com

Niel Humphreys
May 13th 06, 01:32 PM
"Melia" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> What a lucky kitty he is to have you. Fights and wounds for outdoor
> male cats are common when the kitties are unneutered. How cool that he
> was calm in the car. That's amazing. Bless you for taking care of
> him.

:) He is actually a neutered tom, I think he must have been someone's pet at
some point as he is very docile and is quite happy to spread himself across
the spare bed & be shut in there.

Obligatory photos, in the second one you can see how inflamed his foot next
to the other one:
http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Bigfoot1.jpg
http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Bigfoot2.jpg
--

Niel H

Juice
May 13th 06, 01:43 PM
Niel Humphreys wrote:

> He's now in my spare room and going for a trip to the vets this morning.
> Fingers crossed as he also has quite bad mouth sores and looks pretty old.

wow! maybe you could get some pictures, maybe...
but your situation here would be a text book reason for people to stop
declawing their pets

i wonder if a local reporter would take an interest in your story

I think it would make an excellent story

sounds like he got cut up because he couldn't defend himself
(seeing that he has no claws)

if you could get a story; maybe the owner (somebody paid for the
declawing)
will see the story and realize the mistake they have made (but probably
not likely)

Best to you friend
that fella should make real good company for you

Later

Gail
May 13th 06, 02:23 PM
Good for you for taking in this poor boy. I'm sorry for the loss of your cat
(in a previous post). He was much loved.
Gail
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> I've had a local stray hanging around for the last few months and it's
> always got scars and scabs around it's head and face. Obviously was
> someone's pet as he will let me pet him although never stay too close, my
> other cats don't mind him either when he joins them for food.
>
> This morning I got up and he was asleep on my stairs, usually he runs off
> initially when seeing me but this time he just looked at me. I started
> stroking him and he began meowling then pulled one of his front feet out
> and started licking a very red and sore pad. It was then I noticed that
> the poor thing has been declawed - which is not legal in the UK! So some
> scumbag has moved house away from this area and left this poor cat to roam
> free with no means of defence, looks like he's been getting beaten up by
> other ferals and not beeing able to fight back, poor mite.
>
> He's now in my spare room and going for a trip to the vets this morning.
> Fingers crossed as he also has quite bad mouth sores and looks pretty old.
>
> --
>
> Niel H

Char
May 13th 06, 02:55 PM
Wow, you are pretty amazing to take care of him like that.
Bravo to you!

That foot is pretty swollen for sure. If it's crushed? He may have been
stepped on or driven over?
What a shame.

It never stops ****in me off to the extreme everytime I see another stray
left behind like the garbage.

I want to throttle people who do that so badly! Heartless *******s.

Thank God for people like you and us fellow kitty lovers.

Good luck with your new companion, he knew you were the one. :)

Char

"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> I've had a local stray hanging around for the last few months and it's
> always got scars and scabs around it's head and face. Obviously was
> someone's pet as he will let me pet him although never stay too close, my
> other cats don't mind him either when he joins them for food.
>
> This morning I got up and he was asleep on my stairs, usually he runs off
> initially when seeing me but this time he just looked at me. I started
> stroking him and he began meowling then pulled one of his front feet out
and
> started licking a very red and sore pad. It was then I noticed that the
poor
> thing has been declawed - which is not legal in the UK! So some scumbag
has
> moved house away from this area and left this poor cat to roam free with
no
> means of defence, looks like he's been getting beaten up by other ferals
and
> not beeing able to fight back, poor mite.
>
> He's now in my spare room and going for a trip to the vets this morning.
> Fingers crossed as he also has quite bad mouth sores and looks pretty old.
>
> --
>
> Niel H

Kiran
May 13th 06, 03:09 PM
Niel Humphreys > wrote:

: "Buddy" > wrote in message
: oups.com...
: > Neil - please let us know how it goes at the vet.
: >
:
: Just got back. What a strange car journey, he slept all the way there and
: all the way back. As soon as the car started moving he lay down and nodded
: off then woke up again when it stopped, amazing. :)

LOL, he is like me. Of course, it also shows the total trust he has
developed in you. Speaks volumes for the affection you have shown him.

Well, take him for a ride once in a while. :)

: Anyway vet says the foot has been crushed but there are no broken bones. He
: has an injection of pain killers and antibiotics plus flea/worm treatment
: and is taking up residence in my spare room for the next 3 days while he has
: a course of antibiotics. Vet says he is around 4-8 years old and in
: otherwise good health, no signs of mouth sores so maybe he just likes to eat
: kibble without chewing.

Can you give him some canned food too? Even cheap one is supposed to be
better for their health than the best kibble.

Kiran
May 13th 06, 03:11 PM
Niel Humphreys > wrote:

: Obligatory photos, in the second one you can see how inflamed his foot next
: to the other one:
: http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Bigfoot1.jpg
: http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Bigfoot2.jpg

He is an adorable boy. I wish him complete recovery and both of you
great time together.

Niel Humphreys
May 13th 06, 03:16 PM
"Kiran" > wrote in message
> Niel Humphreys > wrote:
>
> Can you give him some canned food too? Even cheap one is supposed to be
> better for their health than the best kibble.

Yes, I have to give him pills twice a day and don't fancy trying to give
them to him dry as he's not used to me handling him too much at the moment
so will crush them into some wet. :)
--

Niel H

Rhonda
May 13th 06, 03:55 PM
What a great job helping that cat! I think strays can't get much sleep.
He probably felt safe enough with you that he could finally relax.

Have you thought about trying to find a home for him? He looks so thin.
It would be nice if someone could care for him permanently.

Hope he feels better quickly. Thanks for helping him!

Rhonda

Niel Humphreys wrote:

> Anyway looks all OK and he's got a nice soft bed and unlimited food for the
> next few days.

May 13th 06, 05:29 PM
Kiran > wrote:

>Can you give him some canned food too? Even cheap one is supposed to be
>better for their health than the best kibble.

That is not true. A lot of cheap wet foods have high phosphorus
levels. A poor food is still a bad choice wet or dry.

-mhd

PawsForThought
May 13th 06, 05:39 PM
Niel Humphreys wrote:
Anyway looks all OK and he's got a nice soft bed and unlimited food for
the
> next few days.

I'm so glad you took him in, Niel, and that he's going to be okay.
Will you be able to keep him permanently?

Unknown One
May 13th 06, 05:42 PM
>I've had a local stray hanging around for the last few months and it's
>always got scars and scabs around it's head and face. Obviously was
>someone's pet as he will let me pet him although never stay too close, my
>other cats don't mind him either when he joins them for food.
>
>This morning I got up and he was asleep on my stairs, usually he runs off
>initially when seeing me but this time he just looked at me. I started
>stroking him and he began meowling then pulled one of his front feet out and
>started licking a very red and sore pad. It was then I noticed that the poor
>thing has been declawed - which is not legal in the UK! So some scumbag has
>moved house away from this area and left this poor cat to roam free with no
>means of defence, looks like he's been getting beaten up by other ferals and
>not beeing able to fight back, poor mite.
>
>He's now in my spare room and going for a trip to the vets this morning.
>Fingers crossed as he also has quite bad mouth sores and looks pretty old.

God bless you for taking it in and caring for it. The world needs more compassionate and
caring people such as you.

Am sending prayers and purrs your way for both you and the cat.

My furbabies

http://users.ameritech.net/lestark/

Buddy
May 13th 06, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the pictures and for letting us know how it went at the vet.
He looks so calm at your home - maybe this was a match made in heavan?
Can't let the poor guy out in the wild now. Thanks for be a good guy
for this kitty!

Niel Humphreys
May 13th 06, 05:45 PM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Niel Humphreys wrote:
> Anyway looks all OK and he's got a nice soft bed and unlimited food for
> the
>> next few days.
>
> I'm so glad you took him in, Niel, and that he's going to be okay.
> Will you be able to keep him permanently?

I don't know. I have just lost Q so have 3 cats but wasn't really planning
on getting another until I lose Worf (who has cardiomyopathy). I will
probably get this one back on track and let him go, if he wants to come in
from time to time he can but he is basically a stray anyway.
--

Niel H

Kiran
May 13th 06, 07:07 PM
Niel Humphreys > wrote:

: I don't know. I have just lost Q so have 3 cats but wasn't really planning
: on getting another until I lose Worf (who has cardiomyopathy). I will
: probably get this one back on track and let him go, if he wants to come in
: from time to time he can but he is basically a stray anyway.

He'll be an indoor-outdoor cat in any event. Please consider feeding
him and giving him a sense of belonging, so he can come in when he
wants. He has finally found a place and people who feel like home, and
having to go back to square zero of harsh outside would be traumatic.

Niel Humphreys
May 13th 06, 07:27 PM
"Kiran" > wrote in message
> Niel Humphreys > wrote:
>
> : I don't know. I have just lost Q so have 3 cats but wasn't really
> planning
> : on getting another until I lose Worf (who has cardiomyopathy). I will
> : probably get this one back on track and let him go, if he wants to come
> in
> : from time to time he can but he is basically a stray anyway.
>
> He'll be an indoor-outdoor cat in any event. Please consider feeding
> him and giving him a sense of belonging, so he can come in when he
> wants. He has finally found a place and people who feel like home, and
> having to go back to square zero of harsh outside would be traumatic.

All my cats are free to come and go as my catflap is always open so he's
just as welcome to come in and stay. He has a large range as my work stores
are about a mile away and I regularly see him in the fields around there
too. (I should point out I am in the UK where it is more acceptable to allow
cats to go outside than it seems to be in the USA)
--

Niel H

OceanView
May 13th 06, 07:31 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
:

> I've had a local stray hanging around for the last few months and it's
> always got scars and scabs around it's head and face. Obviously was
> someone's pet as he will let me pet him although never stay too close,
> my other cats don't mind him either when he joins them for food.
>
> This morning I got up and he was asleep on my stairs, usually he runs
> off initially when seeing me but this time he just looked at me. I
> started stroking him and he began meowling then pulled one of his front
> feet out and started licking a very red and sore pad. It was then I
> noticed that the poor thing has been declawed - which is not legal in
> the UK! So some scumbag has moved house away from this area and left
> this poor cat to roam free with no means of defence, looks like he's
> been getting beaten up by other ferals and not beeing able to fight
> back, poor mite.
>
> He's now in my spare room and going for a trip to the vets this morning.
> Fingers crossed as he also has quite bad mouth sores and looks pretty
> old.

Poor kitty. I hope you keep him. If not, find him a nice home. I think
he'll be a great pet.

OceanView
May 13th 06, 07:36 PM
wrote in
:

> Kiran > wrote:
>
>>Can you give him some canned food too? Even cheap one is supposed to be
>>better for their health than the best kibble.
>
> That is not true. A lot of cheap wet foods have high phosphorus
> levels. A poor food is still a bad choice wet or dry.
>
> -mhd

WHat is a good choicew for those of us who are poor? I'd like to put my cats
on Science Diet, but I can barely feed myself at this point.

OceanView
May 13th 06, 07:39 PM
Rhonda > wrote in
:

> What a great job helping that cat! I think strays can't get much sleep.
> He probably felt safe enough with you that he could finally relax.
>
> Have you thought about trying to find a home for him? He looks so thin.
> It would be nice if someone could care for him permanently.
>
> Hope he feels better quickly. Thanks for helping him!
>
> Rhonda
>
> Niel Humphreys wrote:
>

>> Anyway looks all OK and he's got a nice soft bed and unlimited food for
>> the next few days.

That's true. They're hungry prety much all the time and thinking when to
get the next meal. My cat is a former stray, weighed only six pounds full
grown good-size male. All bones. In the first month I had him he put four
pounds on, almost doubling his weight. At 12 pounds he hit his healthy
weight (he's very muscular). He's a little chubby now at 13.6, but we're
working on it!

OceanView
May 13th 06, 07:45 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
:

> "Kiran" > wrote in message
>> Niel Humphreys > wrote:
>>
>> : I don't know. I have just lost Q so have 3 cats but wasn't really
>> planning
>> : on getting another until I lose Worf (who has cardiomyopathy). I will
>> : probably get this one back on track and let him go, if he wants to
>> : come
>> in
>> : from time to time he can but he is basically a stray anyway.
>>
>> He'll be an indoor-outdoor cat in any event. Please consider feeding
>> him and giving him a sense of belonging, so he can come in when he
>> wants. He has finally found a place and people who feel like home, and
>> having to go back to square zero of harsh outside would be traumatic.
>
> All my cats are free to come and go as my catflap is always open so he's
> just as welcome to come in and stay. He has a large range as my work
> stores are about a mile away and I regularly see him in the fields
> around there too. (I should point out I am in the UK where it is more
> acceptable to allow cats to go outside than it seems to be in the USA)

I used to let my cats roam, but it creates many problems such as the one
you're dealing with. I was contantly taking them to the vet for foot
problems and such. (They get bit by snakes and other critters and sometimes
the puncture heals over on the outside, but inside it's absessed.) I also
had a cat lost for almost two weeks because somebody set off firewaorks and
and scared her so bad she got lost in her own neighborhood. I'd just about
accepted her as lost when she popped in through the cat-door at 3 am!

OceanView
May 13th 06, 07:51 PM
"Char" > wrote in news:Xyl9g.22244$Fl1.18300
@edtnps89:

> Wow, you are pretty amazing to take care of him like that.
> Bravo to you!
>
> That foot is pretty swollen for sure. If it's crushed? He may have been
> stepped on or driven over?
> What a shame.
>
> It never stops ****in me off to the extreme everytime I see another stray
> left behind like the garbage.
>
> I want to throttle people who do that so badly! Heartless *******s.
>
> Thank God for people like you and us fellow kitty lovers.
>
> Good luck with your new companion, he knew you were the one. :)
>
> Char
>

> "Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
> message ...
>> I've had a local stray hanging around for the last few months and it's
>> always got scars and scabs around it's head and face. Obviously was
>> someone's pet as he will let me pet him although never stay too close,
my
>> other cats don't mind him either when he joins them for food.
>>
>> This morning I got up and he was asleep on my stairs, usually he runs
off
>> initially when seeing me but this time he just looked at me. I started
>> stroking him and he began meowling then pulled one of his front feet out
> and
>> started licking a very red and sore pad. It was then I noticed that the
> poor
>> thing has been declawed - which is not legal in the UK! So some scumbag
> has
>> moved house away from this area and left this poor cat to roam free with
> no
>> means of defence, looks like he's been getting beaten up by other ferals
> and
>> not beeing able to fight back, poor mite.
>>
>> He's now in my spare room and going for a trip to the vets this morning.
>> Fingers crossed as he also has quite bad mouth sores and looks pretty
old.

>> --
>>
>> Niel H

A friend of mine has a great little dof that he got when somebody stopped
car in front of him, let the dog out on the median strip and drove off. As
they say in Texas, some people really need killing.

On Cape Cod, they have a hug problem every fall when the summer vacationers
go home and leave their "summer pets" behind. The shelters are overrun and
many of thes poor animals are killed. As I said, some people...

Kiran
May 14th 06, 03:01 AM
Niel Humphreys > wrote:

: All my cats are free to come and go as my catflap is always open so he's
: just as welcome to come in and stay.

Great, I think that's all he needs. A place where he is welcome, with
some food and shelter.

: He has a large range as my work stores
: are about a mile away and I regularly see him in the fields around there
: too. (I should point out I am in the UK where it is more acceptable to allow
: cats to go outside than it seems to be in the USA)

Kiran
May 14th 06, 03:23 AM
OceanView > wrote:

: WHat is a good choicew for those of us who are poor? I'd like to put
: my cats on Science Diet, but I can barely feed myself at this point.

Consider one or more of the follwoing:

With many cats, you can use 14 oz cans which is more economical.

Friskies cans cost about 1/2 of SD and some of their formulations are
pretty good.

If it still seems expensive, then feed a diet of 1/2 canned and 1/2
kibble (for example canned in the morning and kibble in the evening).

Good luck.

NanCe via CatKB.com
May 14th 06, 04:19 AM
>WHat is a good choicew for those of us who are poor? I'd like to put my cats
>on Science Diet, but I can barely feed myself at this point.

If you mean canned food, Iams makes some good ones and they're reasonably
priced; my cats love it.

Niel Humphreys
May 15th 06, 10:30 AM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> "Buddy" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Neil - please let us know how it goes at the vet.
>>

> Just got back. What a strange car journey, he slept all the way there and
> all the way back. As soon as the car started moving he lay down and nodded
> off then woke up again when it stopped, amazing. :)
>
> Anyway vet says the foot has been crushed but there are no broken bones.
> He has an injection of pain killers and antibiotics plus flea/worm
> treatment and is taking up residence in my spare room for the next 3 days
> while he has a course of antibiotics. Vet says he is around 4-8 years old
> and in otherwise good health, no signs of mouth sores so maybe he just
> likes to eat kibble without chewing.
>
> Anyway looks all OK and he's got a nice soft bed and unlimited food for
> the next few days.

Well make that one day. :) I got up the next morning to find the entire 1st
floor of my house reeking, the smell emanating from behind the door of my
spare bedroom.

Managed to get in (he had been digging at the door trying to get out and
lifted the carped up which wedged the door shut) to almost gag at the smell.
The room was a mess, he'd also been trying to get out of the window and
knocked everything off the windowsill onto the floor. Having said that he
was stretched out on the bed looking as comfortable as ever and didn't try
to get out. Anyway I crushed up a double dose of tablets in some food and
noticed he was putting weight on the paw & that it was a lot less swollen so
I let him out and he went straight outside. He's obviously not an indoor or
domesticatable cat but should be OK now. :)
--

Niel H

Kiran
May 15th 06, 12:00 PM
Niel Humphreys > wrote:

[...]

Good news. He has known freedom and his spirit will always call him
out, but it can be harsh there, so I hope when he needs them
occasionally he will come to you for replenishment and rest. You are a
good person. I'll remember your example if I run into a similar
situation.

Unknown One
May 15th 06, 04:17 PM

>> Just got back. What a strange car journey, he slept all the way there and
>> all the way back. As soon as the car started moving he lay down and nodded
>> off then woke up again when it stopped, amazing. :)
>>
>> Anyway vet says the foot has been crushed but there are no broken bones.
>> He has an injection of pain killers and antibiotics plus flea/worm
>> treatment and is taking up residence in my spare room for the next 3 days
>> while he has a course of antibiotics. Vet says he is around 4-8 years old
>> and in otherwise good health, no signs of mouth sores so maybe he just
>> likes to eat kibble without chewing.
>>
>> Anyway looks all OK and he's got a nice soft bed and unlimited food for
>> the next few days.
>

>Well make that one day. :) I got up the next morning to find the entire 1st
>floor of my house reeking, the smell emanating from behind the door of my
>spare bedroom.
>
> Managed to get in (he had been digging at the door trying to get out and
>lifted the carped up which wedged the door shut) to almost gag at the smell.
>The room was a mess, he'd also been trying to get out of the window and
>knocked everything off the windowsill onto the floor. Having said that he
>was stretched out on the bed looking as comfortable as ever and didn't try
>to get out. Anyway I crushed up a double dose of tablets in some food and
>noticed he was putting weight on the paw & that it was a lot less swollen so
>I let him out and he went straight outside. He's obviously not an indoor or
>domesticatable cat but should be OK now. :)
>--
>
>Niel H

Well at least he got his paw looked at and taken care of. Hopefully he will hang around
where you can kind of look out for him.

God bless you for all you done for him.