PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Q

Niel Humphreys
May 13th 06, 01:22 PM
Q, my first cat, passed away last week aged 15. I had him when he was small
enough to fit in the palm of my hand and he was my first pet.

As a youngster he got out one day and was run over resulting in a smashed
pelvis and 6 weeks of hand feeding in my spare room during which point he
bonded with me. He would follow me to the local shop, wait outside and
follow me home just like a dog. When I used to run the bars on a caravan
park and live on the site he would walk with me to the club and hang around
the foyer being stroked by the customers and doormen despite the loud disco
music and loads of people until the end of the night and walk home with me.

When I my second cat Worf a year later he was always jealous to the point of
having a hissy fit even if I stroked Worf in front of him. As he got older
though he mellowed, particularly in the last year when he had a pair of
kittens to deal with.

Last week I got up to find him curled up on his pillow at the bottom of the
wardrobe where he likes to sleep and he had passed away in his dreams.

Goodbye Q-cat, I will miss your warmth across the back of my neck when I
watch TV. See you at the Bridge old friend.

A couple of pics.
http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q1.jpg
http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q2.jpg
--

Niel H

Char
May 13th 06, 02:42 PM
OMG, I have tears falling down both cheeks as I read this.

I know a few kitties who followed their owners around like that.
And my girl is attached to my hip. Shes 12 now. I've had her all her life
too.

They are like our rock, our consistency in life when everything else is
chaos.
Our beloved kitties ground us.

To have Q peacefully pass on in his sleep like that, is the best way to go,
if it has to be.
My heartfelt condolences.

Char

"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> Q, my first cat, passed away last week aged 15. I had him when he was
small
> enough to fit in the palm of my hand and he was my first pet.
>
> As a youngster he got out one day and was run over resulting in a smashed
> pelvis and 6 weeks of hand feeding in my spare room during which point he
> bonded with me. He would follow me to the local shop, wait outside and
> follow me home just like a dog. When I used to run the bars on a caravan
> park and live on the site he would walk with me to the club and hang
around
> the foyer being stroked by the customers and doormen despite the loud
disco
> music and loads of people until the end of the night and walk home with
me.

> When I my second cat Worf a year later he was always jealous to the point
of
> having a hissy fit even if I stroked Worf in front of him. As he got older
> though he mellowed, particularly in the last year when he had a pair of
> kittens to deal with.
>
> Last week I got up to find him curled up on his pillow at the bottom of
the
> wardrobe where he likes to sleep and he had passed away in his dreams.
>
> Goodbye Q-cat, I will miss your warmth across the back of my neck when I
> watch TV. See you at the Bridge old friend.
>
> A couple of pics.
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q1.jpg
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q2.jpg
> --
>
> Niel H

Michael Lane
May 13th 06, 03:13 PM
Neil Humphreys wrote :

>Last week I got up to find him curled up >on his pillow at the bottom
of the
> wardrobe where he likes to sleep and he
> had passed away in his dreams.

A klink of the glass to Q. I know words don't help. Q seems to have had
a good & healthy life up to the end. He will meet you at the bridge. My
sincere
condolences.

Michael Lane

" Say what you want and be who you are,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. "
Dr. Seuss

Kiran
May 13th 06, 03:24 PM

:
[...]

My condolences. He will always love you, watch over you, and when the
moment comes, be there to meet you and jump on your neck once again.

God works in mysterious ways: maybe He told the new stray to come and
find you now.

Rhonda
May 13th 06, 03:56 PM
Oh boy, you've had some very emotional things happen lately.

I'm sorry to hear about Q. I'm sure he was a well-loved and happy cat.

Rhonda

Niel Humphreys wrote:

> Q, my first cat, passed away last week aged 15. I had him when he was small
> enough to fit in the palm of my hand and he was my first pet.

cybercat
May 13th 06, 04:07 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> Q, my first cat, passed away last week aged 15. I had him when he was
small
> enough to fit in the palm of my hand and he was my first pet.
>
> As a youngster he got out one day and was run over resulting in a smashed
> pelvis and 6 weeks of hand feeding in my spare room during which point he
> bonded with me. He would follow me to the local shop, wait outside and
> follow me home just like a dog. When I used to run the bars on a caravan
> park and live on the site he would walk with me to the club and hang
around
> the foyer being stroked by the customers and doormen despite the loud
disco
> music and loads of people until the end of the night and walk home with
me.

> When I my second cat Worf a year later he was always jealous to the point
of
> having a hissy fit even if I stroked Worf in front of him. As he got older
> though he mellowed, particularly in the last year when he had a pair of
> kittens to deal with.
>
> Last week I got up to find him curled up on his pillow at the bottom of
the
> wardrobe where he likes to sleep and he had passed away in his dreams.
>
> Goodbye Q-cat, I will miss your warmth across the back of my neck when I
> watch TV. See you at the Bridge old friend.
>
> A couple of pics.
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q1.jpg
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q2.jpg
> --

Niel, what a lovely, sweet boy. How I wish that every cat could have
this peaceful a passing. I know you will miss him but I have to say, it
seems you have both been blessed, having each other for the years
you did.

blkcatgal
May 13th 06, 05:10 PM
So sorry to hear about Q. Sounds like he had a great life with you. My
condolences.

Sue
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> Q, my first cat, passed away last week aged 15. I had him when he was
> small enough to fit in the palm of my hand and he was my first pet.
>
> As a youngster he got out one day and was run over resulting in a smashed
> pelvis and 6 weeks of hand feeding in my spare room during which point he
> bonded with me. He would follow me to the local shop, wait outside and
> follow me home just like a dog. When I used to run the bars on a caravan
> park and live on the site he would walk with me to the club and hang
> around the foyer being stroked by the customers and doormen despite the
> loud disco music and loads of people until the end of the night and walk
> home with me.
>
> When I my second cat Worf a year later he was always jealous to the point
> of having a hissy fit even if I stroked Worf in front of him. As he got
> older though he mellowed, particularly in the last year when he had a pair
> of kittens to deal with.
>
> Last week I got up to find him curled up on his pillow at the bottom of
> the wardrobe where he likes to sleep and he had passed away in his dreams.
>
> Goodbye Q-cat, I will miss your warmth across the back of my neck when I
> watch TV. See you at the Bridge old friend.
>
> A couple of pics.
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q1.jpg
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q2.jpg
> --
>
> Niel H

Barb
May 13th 06, 05:14 PM
He had a nice life. Sad for you.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

OceanView
May 13th 06, 08:01 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
:

> Q, my first cat, passed away last week aged 15. I had him when he was
> small enough to fit in the palm of my hand and he was my first pet.
>
> As a youngster he got out one day and was run over resulting in a
> smashed pelvis and 6 weeks of hand feeding in my spare room during which
> point he bonded with me. He would follow me to the local shop, wait
> outside and follow me home just like a dog. When I used to run the bars
> on a caravan park and live on the site he would walk with me to the club
> and hang around the foyer being stroked by the customers and doormen
> despite the loud disco music and loads of people until the end of the
> night and walk home with me.
>
> When I my second cat Worf a year later he was always jealous to the
> point of having a hissy fit even if I stroked Worf in front of him. As
> he got older though he mellowed, particularly in the last year when he
> had a pair of kittens to deal with.
>
> Last week I got up to find him curled up on his pillow at the bottom of
> the wardrobe where he likes to sleep and he had passed away in his
> dreams.
>
> Goodbye Q-cat, I will miss your warmth across the back of my neck when I
> watch TV. See you at the Bridge old friend.
>
> A couple of pics.
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q1.jpg
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q2.jpg

My condolences. He was lucky to have you. A good life.

Candace
May 13th 06, 10:32 PM
Niel Humphreys wrote:

> Last week I got up to find him curled up on his pillow at the bottom of the
> wardrobe where he likes to sleep and he had passed away in his dreams.
>
> Goodbye Q-cat, I will miss your warmth across the back of my neck when I
> watch TV. See you at the Bridge old friend.

I'm sorry, Niel. It sounds as though Q had a very full life with lots
of attention and love. And he was truly blessed to be able to
peacefully pass in his favorite sleeping place. If we could all be so
lucky...

My condolences.

Candace

-L.
May 14th 06, 06:16 AM
Niel Humphreys wrote:
> Q, my first cat, passed away last week aged 15. I had him when he was small
> enough to fit in the palm of my hand and he was my first pet.

I remeber you and your kitties. I am so sorry for your loss of Q. I
hope you can find some peace.
-L.

Phil P.
May 15th 06, 10:00 AM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> Q, my first cat, passed away last week aged 15. I had him when he was
small
> enough to fit in the palm of my hand and he was my first pet.
>
> As a youngster he got out one day and was run over resulting in a smashed
> pelvis and 6 weeks of hand feeding in my spare room during which point he
> bonded with me. He would follow me to the local shop, wait outside and
> follow me home just like a dog. When I used to run the bars on a caravan
> park and live on the site he would walk with me to the club and hang
around
> the foyer being stroked by the customers and doormen despite the loud
disco
> music and loads of people until the end of the night and walk home with
me.

> When I my second cat Worf a year later he was always jealous to the point
of
> having a hissy fit even if I stroked Worf in front of him. As he got older
> though he mellowed, particularly in the last year when he had a pair of
> kittens to deal with.
>
> Last week I got up to find him curled up on his pillow at the bottom of
the
> wardrobe where he likes to sleep and he had passed away in his dreams.
>
> Goodbye Q-cat, I will miss your warmth across the back of my neck when I
> watch TV. See you at the Bridge old friend.
>
> A couple of pics.
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q1.jpg
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Q2.jpg
> --