PDA

View Full Version : Missing cat

Simba's Mom
May 13th 06, 03:06 PM
Hi all - I am so stressed and need people to keep my baby in their
thoughts today. I recently moved into a new house last week and it
backs onto a forest, with few neighbours. Anyway I haven't let my cat
out because I wanted him to become familiar with the territory first on
a leash. However at our old house we had a lot of neighbours, lots of
cat friends would come visit and Simba would go outside all the time
with them, in and out all day long. So yesturday he wouldn't stop
crying to go outside. So we thought ok, he won't go far, he's been
around the yard on leash. So we put him out around 1:00pm. I watched
him from the window and opened the door once in awhile to let him know
I'm there, he likes that.

Around 3:30 I called him, and wondered where he went. At 4:30 I went
outside looking for him through the trees and asked the neighbours if
they've seen him. Nothing! I went out for hours after that, nothing! I
went out at 10:00pm, and every hour after that and constantly called
him from the door every few minutes. Now I'm panicking, I went out at
3:30am and again at 5:00am and then went deep in the forest and across
acres to the neighbours for about an hour at 6:00am. Now it's going on
24 hours and no sign of him. What can I do?? I already put missing
signs up on all the neighbourhood.

Since I just moved here, I haven't met my neighbours all yet and
they'll think I'm nuts, crazy cat lady if I go around asking them to
check their garages. Please keep Simba in your thoughts today, I do
believe in the power of the mind and a higher power.
Thank you!
Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom
May 13th 06, 03:11 PM
Also I forgot to mention Simba is not a roamer, never has been. He's
been neutered 10 years.
THanks, Simba's Mom

Niel Humphreys
May 13th 06, 03:20 PM
"Simba's Mom" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hi all - I am so stressed and need people to keep my baby in their
> thoughts today. I recently moved into a new house last week and it
> backs onto a forest, with few neighbours. Anyway I haven't let my cat
> out because I wanted him to become familiar with the territory first on
> a leash. However at our old house we had a lot of neighbours, lots of
> cat friends would come visit and Simba would go outside all the time
> with them, in and out all day long. So yesturday he wouldn't stop
> crying to go outside. So we thought ok, he won't go far, he's been
> around the yard on leash. So we put him out around 1:00pm. I watched
> him from the window and opened the door once in awhile to let him know
> I'm there, he likes that.
>
> Around 3:30 I called him, and wondered where he went. At 4:30 I went
> outside looking for him through the trees and asked the neighbours if
> they've seen him. Nothing! I went out for hours after that, nothing! I
> went out at 10:00pm, and every hour after that and constantly called
> him from the door every few minutes. Now I'm panicking, I went out at
> 3:30am and again at 5:00am and then went deep in the forest and across
> acres to the neighbours for about an hour at 6:00am. Now it's going on
> 24 hours and no sign of him. What can I do?? I already put missing
> signs up on all the neighbourhood.
>
> Since I just moved here, I haven't met my neighbours all yet and
> they'll think I'm nuts, crazy cat lady if I go around asking them to
> check their garages. Please keep Simba in your thoughts today, I do
> believe in the power of the mind and a higher power.

I would not necesarily become too desparate yet. I moved 3 times with Q who
was a neutered tom and not a wanderer but each time he immediately
disappeared for 3-4 days before he came back. The first time I was very
worried but once I realised he was just scoping out his new area I wasn't
too worried.

The last time I moved was from one end of the village to the other and once
Q made his way back to his old house despite never making the trip before. I
collected him and bought him home. I don't know how far you have moved but
if Simba doesn't come back in about a week it might be worth getting in
touch with your old neighbours in case they see him around there?
--

Niel H

Kiran
May 13th 06, 03:34 PM

:
[...]

Is your new house near the old one? Then he may have found his way
there.

No need to panic yet, but also no harm in informing your new neighbors
gracefully (and also old ones if not too far) that your cat is missing
and you'd appreciate a call if they see any sign.

I hope he has an identifying collar with your phone number?

Maybe hang somethings with your household smells at the back door and
also at the entrance to the yard.

Let us know how it goes.

MaryL
May 13th 06, 03:34 PM
"Simba's Mom" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hi all - I am so stressed and need people to keep my baby in their
> thoughts today. I recently moved into a new house last week and it
> backs onto a forest, with few neighbours. Anyway I haven't let my cat
> out because I wanted him to become familiar with the territory first on
> a leash. However at our old house we had a lot of neighbours, lots of
> cat friends would come visit and Simba would go outside all the time
> with them, in and out all day long. So yesturday he wouldn't stop
> crying to go outside. So we thought ok, he won't go far, he's been
> around the yard on leash. So we put him out around 1:00pm. I watched
> him from the window and opened the door once in awhile to let him know
> I'm there, he likes that.
>
> Around 3:30 I called him, and wondered where he went. At 4:30 I went
> outside looking for him through the trees and asked the neighbours if
> they've seen him. Nothing! I went out for hours after that, nothing! I
> went out at 10:00pm, and every hour after that and constantly called
> him from the door every few minutes. Now I'm panicking, I went out at
> 3:30am and again at 5:00am and then went deep in the forest and across
> acres to the neighbours for about an hour at 6:00am. Now it's going on
> 24 hours and no sign of him. What can I do?? I already put missing
> signs up on all the neighbourhood.
>
> Since I just moved here, I haven't met my neighbours all yet and
> they'll think I'm nuts, crazy cat lady if I go around asking them to
> check their garages. Please keep Simba in your thoughts today, I do
> believe in the power of the mind and a higher power.
> Thank you!
> Simba's Mom

How far do you live from your former home? Be sure check there (and call
your previous neighbors) if it is reasonably close -- even a few miles.
Cats have been known to "return home."

Put out some pungent, scented food at your current home -- tuna, sardines,
etc. -- to help attract your cat. Look *very* carefully at any hiding place
close to your house, even if you have already searched there. Cats
(especially if frightened) can curl up in the tiniest, most unlikely of
places, and they are often close to home in these situations (the difficulty
in your case, of course, being this hasn't been "home" for very long).

MaryL

Rhonda
May 13th 06, 04:05 PM
Don't worry about appearing crazy to your neighbors -- if they are
decent people, they will understand. I would go immediately to all of
them and hand out your phone number, and show a picture of Samba.

There are probably other critters in the forest, I wonder if she got
scared by something and went up a tree? You might walk through as much
of it as you can, especially looking up. You probably know most cats can
go up the tree but not down.

I would put an unwashed t-shirt, pajamas, or some clothing item with
your scent outside.

Keeping looking everywhere and talk to those neighbors!

I will be thinking of Simba today. Let us know what happens.

Rhonda

Simba's Mom wrote:

> Since I just moved here, I haven't met my neighbours all yet and
> they'll think I'm nuts, crazy cat lady if I go around asking them to
> check their garages. Please keep Simba in your thoughts today, I do
> believe in the power of the mind and a higher power.
> Thank you!
> Simba's Mom

Unknown One
May 13th 06, 05:51 PM
>Hi all - I am so stressed and need people to keep my baby in their
>thoughts today. I recently moved into a new house last week and it
>backs onto a forest, with few neighbours. Anyway I haven't let my cat
>out because I wanted him to become familiar with the territory first on
>a leash. However at our old house we had a lot of neighbours, lots of
>cat friends would come visit and Simba would go outside all the time
>with them, in and out all day long. So yesturday he wouldn't stop
>crying to go outside. So we thought ok, he won't go far, he's been
>around the yard on leash. So we put him out around 1:00pm. I watched
>him from the window and opened the door once in awhile to let him know
>I'm there, he likes that.
>
>Around 3:30 I called him, and wondered where he went. At 4:30 I went
>outside looking for him through the trees and asked the neighbours if
>they've seen him. Nothing! I went out for hours after that, nothing! I
>went out at 10:00pm, and every hour after that and constantly called
>him from the door every few minutes. Now I'm panicking, I went out at
>3:30am and again at 5:00am and then went deep in the forest and across
>acres to the neighbours for about an hour at 6:00am. Now it's going on
>24 hours and no sign of him. What can I do?? I already put missing
>signs up on all the neighbourhood.
>
>Since I just moved here, I haven't met my neighbours all yet and
>they'll think I'm nuts, crazy cat lady if I go around asking them to
>check their garages. Please keep Simba in your thoughts today, I do
>believe in the power of the mind and a higher power.
>Thank you!
>Simba's Mom

You should have left him on the leash hooked to something.

My furbabies

http://users.ameritech.net/lestark/

Rhonda
May 13th 06, 06:00 PM
Unknown One wrote:

Simba's mom wrote:

>>Since I just moved here, I haven't met my neighbours all yet and
>>they'll think I'm nuts, crazy cat lady if I go around asking them to
>>check their garages. Please keep Simba in your thoughts today, I do
>>believe in the power of the mind and a higher power.
>
> You should have left him on the leash hooked to something.

Well, but then he would have been an easy target for any creature coming
out of the woods.

Maybe "should" isn't a good word to use at this time anyway.

Still hoping for good news...

Rhonda

cybercat
May 13th 06, 06:45 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote :

> Maybe "should" isn't a good word to use at this time anyway.

Yeah, I am learning that. I bet the OP will not let that cat out
unsupervised again, if she ever sees him again. I hope she does
get him back. Poor baby, poor her.

OceanView
May 13th 06, 07:53 PM
"Simba's Mom" > wrote in news:1147529191.617056.9460
@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Hi all - I am so stressed and need people to keep my baby in their
> thoughts today. I recently moved into a new house last week and it
> backs onto a forest, with few neighbours. Anyway I haven't let my cat
> out because I wanted him to become familiar with the territory first on
> a leash. However at our old house we had a lot of neighbours, lots of
> cat friends would come visit and Simba would go outside all the time
> with them, in and out all day long. So yesturday he wouldn't stop
> crying to go outside. So we thought ok, he won't go far, he's been
> around the yard on leash. So we put him out around 1:00pm. I watched
> him from the window and opened the door once in awhile to let him know
> I'm there, he likes that.
>
> Around 3:30 I called him, and wondered where he went. At 4:30 I went
> outside looking for him through the trees and asked the neighbours if
> they've seen him. Nothing! I went out for hours after that, nothing! I
> went out at 10:00pm, and every hour after that and constantly called
> him from the door every few minutes. Now I'm panicking, I went out at
> 3:30am and again at 5:00am and then went deep in the forest and across
> acres to the neighbours for about an hour at 6:00am. Now it's going on
> 24 hours and no sign of him. What can I do?? I already put missing
> signs up on all the neighbourhood.
>
> Since I just moved here, I haven't met my neighbours all yet and
> they'll think I'm nuts, crazy cat lady if I go around asking them to
> check their garages. Please keep Simba in your thoughts today, I do
> believe in the power of the mind and a higher power.
> Thank you!
> Simba's Mom

I've been through it. You and Simba are in my thoughts. I hope he comes
bounding home!

OceanView
May 13th 06, 07:57 PM
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Simba's Mom" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> Hi all - I am so stressed and need people to keep my baby in their
>> thoughts today. I recently moved into a new house last week and it
>> backs onto a forest, with few neighbours. Anyway I haven't let my cat
>> out because I wanted him to become familiar with the territory first on
>> a leash. However at our old house we had a lot of neighbours, lots of
>> cat friends would come visit and Simba would go outside all the time
>> with them, in and out all day long. So yesturday he wouldn't stop
>> crying to go outside. So we thought ok, he won't go far, he's been
>> around the yard on leash. So we put him out around 1:00pm. I watched
>> him from the window and opened the door once in awhile to let him know
>> I'm there, he likes that.
>>
>> Around 3:30 I called him, and wondered where he went. At 4:30 I went
>> outside looking for him through the trees and asked the neighbours if
>> they've seen him. Nothing! I went out for hours after that, nothing! I
>> went out at 10:00pm, and every hour after that and constantly called
>> him from the door every few minutes. Now I'm panicking, I went out at
>> 3:30am and again at 5:00am and then went deep in the forest and across
>> acres to the neighbours for about an hour at 6:00am. Now it's going on
>> 24 hours and no sign of him. What can I do?? I already put missing
>> signs up on all the neighbourhood.
>>
>> Since I just moved here, I haven't met my neighbours all yet and
>> they'll think I'm nuts, crazy cat lady if I go around asking them to
>> check their garages. Please keep Simba in your thoughts today, I do
>> believe in the power of the mind and a higher power.
>> Thank you!
>> Simba's Mom
>>

> How far do you live from your former home? Be sure check there (and
> call your previous neighbors) if it is reasonably close -- even a few
> miles. Cats have been known to "return home."
>
> Put out some pungent, scented food at your current home -- tuna,
> sardines, etc. -- to help attract your cat. Look *very* carefully at
> any hiding place close to your house, even if you have already searched
> there. Cats (especially if frightened) can curl up in the tiniest, most
> unlikely of places, and they are often close to home in these situations
> (the difficulty in your case, of course, being this hasn't been "home"
> for very long).
>
> MaryL

They sure have! Every year I here about a cat that wandered home hundreds
of miles. HOW do they do that? Cat GPS? Last year a family moved from
Chicago to L.A. The cat disappeared about a week later and went missing for
three months. Then they got a call from their old neighbor: You're not
gonna believe who just showed up on our doorstep!

OceanView
May 13th 06, 07:58 PM
Kiran > wrote in :

> In article m>,
> Simba's Mom > wrote:
>
>: Hi all - I am so stressed and need people to keep my baby in their
>: thoughts today. I recently moved into a new house last week and it
>: backs onto a forest, with few neighbours. Anyway I haven't let my cat
>: out because I wanted him to become familiar with the territory first on
>: a leash. However at our old house we had a lot of neighbours, lots of
>: cat friends would come visit and Simba would go outside all the time
>: with them, in and out all day long. So yesturday he wouldn't stop
>: crying to go outside. So we thought ok, he won't go far, he's been
>: around the yard on leash. So we put him out around 1:00pm. I watched
>: him from the window and opened the door once in awhile to let him know
>: I'm there, he likes that.
>:
>: Around 3:30 I called him, and wondered where he went. At 4:30 I went
>: outside looking for him through the trees and asked the neighbours if
>: they've seen him. Nothing! I went out for hours after that, nothing! I
>: went out at 10:00pm, and every hour after that and constantly called
>: him from the door every few minutes. Now I'm panicking, I went out at
>: 3:30am and again at 5:00am and then went deep in the forest and across
>: acres to the neighbours for about an hour at 6:00am. Now it's going on
>: 24 hours and no sign of him. What can I do?? I already put missing
>: signs up on all the neighbourhood.
>:
>: Since I just moved here, I haven't met my neighbours all yet and
>: they'll think I'm nuts, crazy cat lady if I go around asking them to
>: check their garages. Please keep Simba in your thoughts today, I do
>: believe in the power of the mind and a higher power.
>
> Is your new house near the old one? Then he may have found his way
> there.
>
> No need to panic yet, but also no harm in informing your new neighbors
> gracefully (and also old ones if not too far) that your cat is missing
> and you'd appreciate a call if they see any sign.
>
> I hope he has an identifying collar with your phone number?
>
> Maybe hang somethings with your household smells at the back door and
> also at the entrance to the yard.
>
> Let us know how it goes.

Funny looks from neighbors, but a dirty sock on the doorknob!

Simba's Mom
May 13th 06, 09:46 PM
Thanks for your support - I put signs up every where and visited all
the neighbours. No sightings yet. I can't imagine Simba going all the
way back to our old house. That's a 20 hour drive. He usually doesn't
let me out of his sight, he's my baby, very needy of me. Do you really
think he'd go all the way back to our old house?? We move a lot all
over the country and he is used to it by now. He had alot of
neighbourhood cats there tho, but he never left our yard back at the
old place ever!! I would have thought he'd know this was our house now.
I'm so worried now! And the drive up here he wasn't paying attention to
the roads and smells at all. He just would cry until I looked at him in
the kennel and just stare at me the whole drive up, 20 hours. He'd just
reach out to hold my hand, that's how much he needs me. I sure hope he
didn't go all the way back to Ontario. Please keep him in your
thoughts. I have done everything I can. I put our bedding out on the
patio for our scent to blow through the wind, hopefully that helps, if
he's lost.... Gee I sure hope he knows what he's doing!!!!
Thank u, Simba's Mom

Rhonda
May 13th 06, 10:18 PM
Dear Simba's Mom,

Don't give up. We had a cat once that I let walk around our back yard.
Normally, we don't let the cats outside but with this former stray, I'd
take him out once in awhile and stay right with him.

Of course, I made the mistake of letting him out of my sight and he
disappeared. He too, was gone overnight. At one point in his life he was
outside-savvy, but I had no idea now what he'd do or how to find him.

I kept going back in the woodsy area. I knew he had to be around. I went
out at least every hour. I'd call and call and look under bushes. The
next night, I was out there after dark, and I heard a faint cry. I kept
calling and he kept answering. I had to go through thorns and crap to
get to him as he sat and waited for me. He was afraid to come back into
our yard through all of the brambles. I carried him out and that was a
trick in itself -- 14 lbs of cat and I needed both hands to get through
the "jungle."

Keep a vigil, keep going out and canvassing. He might be stuck somewhere
and waiting for you.

Good luck,

Rhonda

Simba's Mom wrote:

> Thanks for your support - I put signs up every where and visited all
> the neighbours. No sightings yet. I can't imagine Simba going all the
> way back to our old house. That's a 20 hour drive. He usually doesn't
> let me out of his sight, he's my baby, very needy of me. Do you really
> think he'd go all the way back to our old house?? We move a lot all
> over the country and he is used to it by now. He had alot of
> neighbourhood cats there tho, but he never left our yard back at the
> old place ever!! I would have thought he'd know this was our house now.
> I'm so worried now! And the drive up here he wasn't paying attention to
> the roads and smells at all. He just would cry until I looked at him in
> the kennel and just stare at me the whole drive up, 20 hours. He'd just
> reach out to hold my hand, that's how much he needs me. I sure hope he
> didn't go all the way back to Ontario. Please keep him in your
> thoughts. I have done everything I can. I put our bedding out on the
> patio for our scent to blow through the wind, hopefully that helps, if
> he's lost.... Gee I sure hope he knows what he's doing!!!!
> Thank u, Simba's Mom

Kiran
May 14th 06, 01:30 AM
OceanView > wrote:

: Every year I here about a cat that wandered home hundreds
: of miles. HOW do they do that? Cat GPS? Last year a family moved from
: Chicago to L.A. The cat disappeared about a week later and went missing for
: three months. Then they got a call from their old neighbor: You're not
: gonna believe who just showed up on our doorstep!

Amazing. The cat had to survive, find food and water, and keep walking
maintaining a general direction for 2000 miles!

Niel Humphreys
May 14th 06, 01:49 AM
"Simba's Mom" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks for your support - I put signs up every where and visited all
> the neighbours. No sightings yet. I can't imagine Simba going all the
> way back to our old house. That's a 20 hour drive. He usually doesn't
> let me out of his sight, he's my baby, very needy of me. Do you really
> think he'd go all the way back to our old house?? We move a lot all
> over the country and he is used to it by now.

Q was bonded to me but still when we moved 3 hours away he went walkabouts
for 3-4 days. It it still feasable to think tha Simba is either checking out
the new area or is in the process of deciding whether or not to try to get
back to his own home. I read somewhere that cats have some kind of magnetic
built in sat nav in that they will home in on their 'used to' location but
adjust if this is too far away after a few days. Keep your fingers crossed,
I will have my thoughts with you and Simba in the meantime. xx

--

Niel H

Kiran
May 14th 06, 02:11 AM
Simba's Mom > wrote:

: Does anything think my cat can really be lost? Some people say cats
: never get lost. I wonder if he knows what he's doing out there. I'm
: afraid if Simba is locked in someone's garage for the weekend that when
: he gets out he'll lose his scent back home and then get lost. I'm
: usually pretty sensitive in a 6th sense kinda way and I feel nothing,
: no answers right now with his where abouts. Nothing! I'm so worried
: now, where is he? I put my sleep clothes outside on near by trees and
: our blankets from the bed. Now I just read that kitty litter helps, I
: just cleaned his litter box so I'll use that. I just hope he's not far.
: It's been about 31 hours now since I've seen him last. Poor SImba. I'm
: not religious usually but he's in my prayers, if anyone else is please
: keep him in your prayers too. His brother died last year and they used
: to explore neighbourhoods together, closeby, always by eachothers side.
: I'm so worried that he's out there all alone!

I know 31 hours is a long time for a worried person, but cats have
shown up healthy and safe many days later, even weeks later.

The important thing is to cover all angles.

(1) Leave a scent trail for him to come back to your door.

(2) Walk around the woods, in a sort of systematic way with attentive
ears. He could be scared & hiding or just stuck in some spot.

(3) Distribute his photos, with your phone # on the back, to your
neighbors and their kids. He may show up at their homes they may just
spot him. It does not hurt for them to be aware of the possibility of a
cat hiding/stuck on their property.

(4) If there are enough kids in your neighborhood, organize a pizza
party where a large number of them fan out looking for the cat and come
back for pizza!

(5) 20-hour drive is far away to his old home and common sense suggests
it is the least likely of all possibilities. However, cats have shown
up at their old homes unbelievably far away (Chicago to LA, 2000 miles,
according to another post). So let your old neighbors know.

(6) Finally, do contact any shelters in your area. He could have lost
his collar (did he have one?), been picked up as stray and turned over
to such organizations. So visit them, ask to see all cats turned in or
picked up recently, and make them aware of the situation. Anyway, there
are experts there whose suggestions might be helpful even if he is not
there.

That's all I can think of. Don't lose hope; by the standards of lost
cats who come back, 2 days is nothing. Cover every angle you can think
of.

All of our prayers are with you and Simba.

And when he returns, think about fitting his collar with a homing or
ringing device. : ) I've never needed one but they exist.

Stacey Weinberger
May 14th 06, 04:15 AM
Something similar happened to me and I live in the woods. I left the back
light on and a bowl of water out the back door. Julian showed up around
midnight fending off some raccoons. He was very scared and had no interest
in going outside again for a very long time. Indoor cats get disoriented
when they get lost, even if is their own neighborhood. That is why they
hide and don't come when you call. If you leave out something familiar or a
beacon of some sort it helps them find their way home.

Good luck!

Stacey

"Simba's Mom" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks for your support - I put signs up every where and visited all
> the neighbours. No sightings yet. I can't imagine Simba going all the
> way back to our old house. That's a 20 hour drive. He usually doesn't
> let me out of his sight, he's my baby, very needy of me. Do you really
> think he'd go all the way back to our old house?? We move a lot all
> over the country and he is used to it by now. He had alot of
> neighbourhood cats there tho, but he never left our yard back at the
> old place ever!! I would have thought he'd know this was our house now.
> I'm so worried now! And the drive up here he wasn't paying attention to
> the roads and smells at all. He just would cry until I looked at him in
> the kennel and just stare at me the whole drive up, 20 hours. He'd just
> reach out to hold my hand, that's how much he needs me. I sure hope he
> didn't go all the way back to Ontario. Please keep him in your
> thoughts. I have done everything I can. I put our bedding out on the
> patio for our scent to blow through the wind, hopefully that helps, if
> he's lost.... Gee I sure hope he knows what he's doing!!!!
> Thank u, Simba's Mom

Wendy
May 14th 06, 04:02 PM
"Kiran" > wrote in message
> OceanView > wrote:
>
> : Every year I here about a cat that wandered home hundreds
> : of miles. HOW do they do that? Cat GPS? Last year a family moved from
> : Chicago to L.A. The cat disappeared about a week later and went missing
> for
> : three months. Then they got a call from their old neighbor: You're not
> : gonna believe who just showed up on our doorstep!
>
> Amazing. The cat had to survive, find food and water, and keep walking
> maintaining a general direction for 2000 miles!

When I was growing up we took our cat, Sniffy, on vacation with us down to
the New Jersey shore. When it came time to go home Sniffy was no where to be
found. Eventually we left and came home without him. We lived about a 3-4
hour drive away. About a week later Sniffy showed up at home. My sister and
I have wondered how he managed to get across the Delaware River. I just
can't imagine him using the Walt Whitman or Ben Franklin bridges with 8
lanes (or maybe it's 6 - it's been a while since I used them) of traffic. He
would have had to use a bridge though because the river is pretty wide and I
don't think he was much of a swimmer.

Kiran
May 15th 06, 07:47 AM
Wendy > wrote:

: When I was growing up we took our cat, Sniffy, on vacation with us down to
: the New Jersey shore. When it came time to go home Sniffy was no where to be
: found. Eventually we left and came home without him. We lived about a 3-4
: hour drive away. About a week later Sniffy showed up at home. My sister and
: I have wondered how he managed to get across the Delaware River. I just
: can't imagine him using the Walt Whitman or Ben Franklin bridges with 8
: lanes (or maybe it's 6 - it's been a while since I used them) of traffic. He
: would have had to use a bridge though because the river is pretty wide and I
: don't think he was much of a swimmer.

I have no idea how they do it, but your is quite a story. I hope it
will give some hope and solace to OP.

Simba's Mom
May 15th 06, 11:27 PM
Thank you, that story was amazing! Cats are amazing animals, it's one
great mystery how they do that.

I'm happy to tell you all Simba came home this afternoon, 3 days later.
I was just going out to put more posters around etc. and as I pulled
into my driveway I seen him sitting at my front step. I just left the
car running and ran to him. As he saw my car I could see he was meowing
and he just started running down the front steps towards me so happy to
see me too. Such a wonderful feeling!! I just hugged him so tight! He
smelt like laundry soap, or bounce and was very clean. So I figure he
must have gotten stuck in someone's house. There's no way he was out
roaming around or he'd smell dirty and be all dirty. He must have
wondered to the neighbours. We just moved in and I asked everyone to
check their garages, but one house down the road looked like they had
gone away for the weekend. I suspected something so I went to call him
around that house last night at 2:30am but I didn't hear anything. So I
was so disappointed but this afternoon as I was driving home I noticed
this house had people now, they had returned. And to my surprise so had
Simba!

He's exhausted and just so hungry - he just won't stay down for a long
nap tho, he keeps getting up and just checking to see if I'm still
there with him. We're all a happy family now.
Now we can finally enjoy our dream home and new life together as a
family. And finish unpacking!

Thank u for your support. You're a great group of people!

Simba's Mom

cybercat
May 15th 06, 11:49 PM
"Simba's Mom" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thank you, that story was amazing! Cats are amazing animals, it's one
> great mystery how they do that.
>
> I'm happy to tell you all Simba came home this afternoon, 3 days later.

Yay, Simba! Now maybe keep him IN where he is safe.

Kiran
May 16th 06, 01:31 AM
Simba's Mom > wrote:

[...]

The two of you don't need a third person butting in, but when there is
an open moment lots of hugs and purrs to both of you.

Maybe he got in that home as they were leaving and then got locked in?
If that's where he was. Who knows. Don't let him overeat though, just
is usual diet, maybe an extra treat. Also teach him to stay away from
dangerous spaces like ovens, washers and dryers.

I am not in favor of confinement but do let him get to know the new
area slowly, in a controlled way. If he doesn't have a collar, put one
on with your phone number, somehow a microchip is not the same to a
passerby. Introduce him to all of the neighbors, so if they see him
wandering around they'll know who to call.

Finally consider one of those "locators" on the collar, you press a
button and it beeps or rings. Should be good enough for quite a
distance at quiet times; in any event even if you don't hear it,
someone else might and investigate.

Happy reunion, and enjoy your time together.
:
: Thank u for your support. You're a great group of people!
:
: Simba's Mom
:

Char
May 16th 06, 04:34 AM
really happy to hear he is back!
I never got a chance to post on this one, but I am very happy for the both
of you that it turned out well.

Char

"Simba's Mom" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thank you, that story was amazing! Cats are amazing animals, it's one
> great mystery how they do that.
>
> I'm happy to tell you all Simba came home this afternoon, 3 days later.
> I was just going out to put more posters around etc. and as I pulled
> into my driveway I seen him sitting at my front step. I just left the
> car running and ran to him. As he saw my car I could see he was meowing
> and he just started running down the front steps towards me so happy to
> see me too. Such a wonderful feeling!! I just hugged him so tight! He
> smelt like laundry soap, or bounce and was very clean. So I figure he
> must have gotten stuck in someone's house. There's no way he was out
> roaming around or he'd smell dirty and be all dirty. He must have
> wondered to the neighbours. We just moved in and I asked everyone to
> check their garages, but one house down the road looked like they had
> gone away for the weekend. I suspected something so I went to call him
> around that house last night at 2:30am but I didn't hear anything. So I
> was so disappointed but this afternoon as I was driving home I noticed
> this house had people now, they had returned. And to my surprise so had
> Simba!
>
> He's exhausted and just so hungry - he just won't stay down for a long
> nap tho, he keeps getting up and just checking to see if I'm still
> there with him. We're all a happy family now.
> Now we can finally enjoy our dream home and new life together as a
> family. And finish unpacking!
>
> Thank u for your support. You're a great group of people!
>
> Simba's Mom

Rhonda
May 16th 06, 05:50 AM
Yeah! I'm so relieved for both of you.

I wonder if he was in the garage of those neighbors -- maybe they have a
washer/dryer in there.

That's great news. I'm glad he's safe.

Rhonda

Simba's Mom wrote:

> I'm happy to tell you all Simba came home this afternoon, 3 days later.

cybercat
May 16th 06, 06:18 AM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Yeah! I'm so relieved for both of you.
>
> I wonder if he was in the garage of those neighbors -- maybe they have a
> washer/dryer in there.

Or, he was beat up and dirty from wandering and they gave him a bath.

Niel Humphreys
May 16th 06, 07:06 AM
"Simba's Mom" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thank you, that story was amazing! Cats are amazing animals, it's one
> great mystery how they do that.
>
> I'm happy to tell you all Simba came home this afternoon, 3 days later.

Yay :)
--

Niel H

Matthew aka NMR
May 16th 06, 07:09 AM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> "Simba's Mom" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Thank you, that story was amazing! Cats are amazing animals, it's one
>> great mystery how they do that.
>>
>> I'm happy to tell you all Simba came home this afternoon, 3 days later.
>

> Yay :)
> --
>
> Niel H

I bet you are one that can't wait till they make the gps finders for cats.

Candace
May 17th 06, 02:50 AM
Simba's Mom wrote:

> I'm happy to tell you all Simba came home this afternoon, 3 days later.

I'm very happy for you, what a relief!

Candace

Buddy
May 17th 06, 11:03 AM
That is wonderful news. How does she look?

Simba's Mom
May 17th 06, 01:44 PM
He looks great, smells like soap! He's just skinny, was before but now
even skinner, but fluffy and clean!
I'm sure he must have gotten stuck in someone's garage or house for the
weekend. Not one person call me tho to say where he was. And there are
posters everywhere, I'll have to go take them down now.

Simba's has been sleeping so so much!! Must be just exhausted and
hasn't even asked to go outside. We're installing a clothesline so I
can put his leash on a run this weekend. I'm just so happy he's home
and so relieved that he knows THIS is home now. We've moved so often in
the last 10 years across the country it's surprising how smart cats can
be to know where his house was after only living here a week!

:-) Simba's Mom

May 17th 06, 05:15 PM
"Simba's Mom" > wrote:

> We're installing a clothesline so I
>can put his leash on a run this weekend.

Are you staking him out like a goat for dogs, coyotes, owls and hawks?

-m

cybercat
May 17th 06, 06:11 PM
> wrote in message
> "Simba's Mom" > wrote:
>
> > We're installing a clothesline so I
> >can put his leash on a run this weekend.
>
> Are you staking him out like a goat for dogs, coyotes, owls and hawks?

Just what I was wondering.

Simba's Mom
May 17th 06, 06:11 PM
Of course not - don't be ridiculous! He only goes out WITH me! That's
the safest option out there.

cybercat
May 17th 06, 06:20 PM
"Simba's Mom" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Of course not - don't be ridiculous! He only goes out WITH me! That's
> the safest option out there.

Excellent. Bravo! By the way, "Simba" is a great name for a boy cat. :)

May 17th 06, 06:45 PM
"Simba's Mom" > wrote:

>Of course not - don't be ridiculous! He only goes out WITH me! That's
>the safest option out there.

A bird of prey could strike before you know what's happening.

-m

Matthew aka NMR
May 17th 06, 06:47 PM
> wrote in message
> "Simba's Mom" > wrote:
>
>>Of course not - don't be ridiculous! He only goes out WITH me! That's
>>the safest option out there.
>
> A bird of prey could strike before you know what's happening.
>
> -m

I can vouch for that possibility I rescue my spirit from a hawk when he was
kitten

Kiran
May 17th 06, 07:32 PM
Simba's Mom > wrote:

: Simba's has been sleeping so so much!! Must be just exhausted and
: hasn't even asked to go outside. We're installing a clothesline so I
: can put his leash on a run this weekend.

Leash etc are for the shopping mall or urban sidewalks. :) Since you
seem to live in a rural/wooded area, I would advise against leaving him
restrained outdoors. This would put him at great danger to an animal or
bird predator and he won't be able to ecape. This is true even if you
are around: a human simply does not have the acute senses and quick
reaction time that predators, and Simba, are likely to have.

: I'm just so happy he's home and so relieved that he knows THIS is
: home now. We've moved so often in the last 10 years across the
: country it's surprising how smart cats can be to know where his
: house was after only living here a week!

On a different note, I read somewhere that if you leave food around for
the cat to eat as and when he wants, he associates food security with
that house and has difficulty adjusting to another one.

OTOH if you bring him food at set times, then remove and cleanup pretty
soon, and then again 12 hours later, he starts associating his food
cycle with you as a person and less with that room or house, and such
cats have an easier time adjusting to a different location becasue they
focus on your presence.

Just a theory I read, don't know how true it is.

May 17th 06, 08:43 PM
"Matthew aka NMR" > wrote:

> wrote in message
>> "Simba's Mom" > wrote:
>>
>>>Of course not - don't be ridiculous! He only goes out WITH me! That's
>>>the safest option out there.
>>
>> A bird of prey could strike before you know what's happening.
>>
>> -m
>
>I can vouch for that possibility I rescue my spirit from a hawk when he was
>kitten

Wow, you saved him? Tell us more!

-m

Anna via CatKB.com
May 18th 06, 12:03 AM
>A bird of prey could strike before you know what's happening.

I've taken my cats outside for 14 years. No birds of prey have grabbed them
and I live in a rugged part of Canada. They couldn't carry a large cat away
anyways, a kitten or a 3-4 lb. cat or dog yes, but she would be out there
with him.

Anna via CatKB.com
May 18th 06, 12:08 AM
>hasn't even asked to go outside. We're installing a clothesline so I
>can put his leash on a run this weekend. I'm just so happy he's home
>and so relieved that he knows THIS is home now. We've moved so often in

That's a good idea. Just make sure you stay out with him as tied up animals
are vulnerable to other cats or dogs who may enter the yard. Don't go in the
house and leave him out there (unbelievably, some people do). I've done this
same thing for 14 years. My 2 seniors are so well trained they don't even
need to be on a leash now. They never leave the yard but I still put their
harness with id on as you never can tell. My younger one doesn't leave
either but is less trustworthy as he gets so excited and could end up chasing
something so I still leash him most of the time.

May 18th 06, 05:14 AM
"Anna via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>A bird of prey could strike before you know what's happening.
>
>I've taken my cats outside for 14 years. No birds of prey have grabbed them
>and I live in a rugged part of Canada. They couldn't carry a large cat away
>anyways, a kitten or a 3-4 lb. cat or dog yes, but she would be out there
>with him.

You are so wrong about some raptor's capabilities. Usually the prey is
dead at first strike with the talons so survival is not connected with
a birds ability to carry its prey away. Nor do they all even bother to
carry their prey away and instead they tear their prey apart on the
ground in very short time.

Island foxes were almost eradicated by eagles in the Channel Islands
(off California)

Naturally they prefer easier prey like mice and voles if they are
plentiful but snowy owls and eagles are a real threat to cats.

-mhd

Anna via CatKB.com
May 18th 06, 04:45 PM
>You are so wrong about some raptor's capabilities. Usually the prey is
>dead at first strike with the talons so survival is not connected with
>a birds ability to carry its prey away. Nor do they all even bother to
>carry their prey away and instead they tear their prey apart on the
>ground in very short time.

Which is why it's a good idea for her to be outside with her pet.

Anna via CatKB.com
May 18th 06, 05:25 PM
>Anyone who underestimates the capabilities of North American raptors
>should just refrain from giving advice while they live in their

LOL. No one is underestimating the capabilities of NA raptors. But people
take their little dogs for walks in North America; there is no difference
between taking your kitty for a walk and taking your small dog for a walk.
Would you suggest to a chihuahua or ****zu or other small dog owner to never
walk their dogs because a raptor might get it? Of course not. So why say it
to people who want to walk their cat around. As I stated, I've been doing it
in my yard for 14 years. So have many, many people in my city. So far, no
one's reported an owl swooping down and taking their dogs or cats from them.
Of course it could happen, anything can happen out there. But chances are
much lower if there is a human around. What we've seen the most here is dog
attacks. Smaller dogs and unattended cats have been attacked by them. But
thanks for the advice; I'll keep it in mind when I'm out there, although I
already do.

May 18th 06, 05:32 PM
"Anna via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>You are so wrong about some raptor's capabilities. Usually the prey is
>>dead at first strike with the talons so survival is not connected with
>>a birds ability to carry its prey away. Nor do they all even bother to
>>carry their prey away and instead they tear their prey apart on the
>>ground in very short time.
>
>Which is why it's a good idea for her to be outside with her pet.

So she can watch helplessly?

As I said before she could do nothing to prevent an attack that she
probably would not see coming.

Just this past year on America's Funniest Videos(I saw nothing funny
with this), a father and son were sitting across from each on a picnic
table with the family pet mouse in a cage. As they were letting it out
the camera caught a flash of very fast moving bird zooming through
them taking the mouse with it. It happened in a blink. Many raptors do
not attack from high up either but just drop from a tree branch and
glide low to the ground.

-mhd

May 18th 06, 05:34 PM
"Anna via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>Anyone who underestimates the capabilities of North American raptors
>>should just refrain from giving advice while they live in their
>
>LOL. No one is underestimating the capabilities of NA raptors. But people
>take their little dogs for walks in North America; there is no difference
>between taking your kitty for a walk and taking your small dog for a walk.
>Would you suggest to a chihuahua or ****zu or other small dog owner to never
>walk their dogs because a raptor might get it? Of course not. So why say it
>to people who want to walk their cat around. As I stated, I've been doing it
>in my yard for 14 years. So have many, many people in my city. So far, no
>one's reported an owl swooping down and taking their dogs or cats from them.
>Of course it could happen, anything can happen out there. But chances are
>much lower if there is a human around. What we've seen the most here is dog
>attacks. Smaller dogs and unattended cats have been attacked by them. But
>thanks for the advice; I'll keep it in mind when I'm out there, although I
>already do.

Good grief, she was talking about tying it to a clothesline! Follow
the thread from the beginning!

-mhd

cybercat
May 18th 06, 05:39 PM
> wrote in message
> "Anna via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >>Anyone who underestimates the capabilities of North American raptors
> >>should just refrain from giving advice while they live in their
> >
> >LOL. No one is underestimating the capabilities of NA raptors. But
people
> >take their little dogs for walks in North America; there is no difference
> >between taking your kitty for a walk and taking your small dog for a
walk.
> >Would you suggest to a chihuahua or ****zu or other small dog owner to
never
> >walk their dogs because a raptor might get it? Of course not. So why
say it
> >to people who want to walk their cat around. As I stated, I've been
doing it
> >in my yard for 14 years. So have many, many people in my city. So far,
no
> >one's reported an owl swooping down and taking their dogs or cats from
them.
> >Of course it could happen, anything can happen out there. But chances
are
> >much lower if there is a human around. What we've seen the most here is
dog
> >attacks. Smaller dogs and unattended cats have been attacked by them.
But
> >thanks for the advice; I'll keep it in mind when I'm out there, although
> >already do.
>

> Good grief, she was talking about tying it to a clothesline! Follow
> the thread from the beginning!
>
> -mhd

Do you think there is a raptor large enough to carry Anna via CatKB off?

Anna via CatKB.com
May 18th 06, 05:40 PM
>Just this past year on America's Funniest Videos(I saw nothing funny
>with this), a father and son were sitting across from each on a picnic
>table with the family pet mouse in a cage. As they were letting it out

You're comparing a cat or dog to a mouse? Umm okay.

Anna via CatKB.com
May 18th 06, 05:46 PM
>Good grief, she was talking about tying it to a clothesline! Follow
>the thread from the beginning!

Which is what a lot of people in my city do. So far, no owl attacks. Just
dog attacks as they were left unattended.

Anna via CatKB.com
May 18th 06, 05:47 PM
>Do you think there is a raptor large enough to carry Anna via CatKB off?

Probably, I'm quite tiny, only 107 lbs.

May 18th 06, 06:07 PM
"cybercat" > wrote:

>Do you think there is a raptor large enough to carry Anna via CatKB off?

Andean Condor with an 11-foot wingspan might be able to do it. While
their diet is mainly carrion of large mammals they do sometimes kill
live prey unlike the California Condor.

It would be a freakin awesome sight to see one. More so carrying off
Anna LOL.

-mhd

May 18th 06, 06:09 PM
"Anna via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>Just this past year on America's Funniest Videos(I saw nothing funny
>>with this), a father and son were sitting across from each on a picnic
>>table with the family pet mouse in a cage. As they were letting it out
>
>You're comparing a cat or dog to a mouse? Umm okay.

You deliberately ignored what I was answering to.

You said...
>"Which is why it's a good idea for her to be outside with her pet."

-mhd

cybercat
May 18th 06, 06:18 PM
> wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> >Do you think there is a raptor large enough to carry Anna via CatKB off?
>
> Andean Condor with an 11-foot wingspan might be able to do it. While
> their diet is mainly carrion of large mammals they do sometimes kill
> live prey unlike the California Condor.
>
> It would be a freakin awesome sight to see one. More so carrying off
> Anna LOL.
>
> -mhd

Great minds. :)

May 18th 06, 06:23 PM
"Anna via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >Good grief, she was talking about tying it to a clothesline! Follow
> >the thread from the beginning!
>
> Which is what a lot of people in my city do.

So much for the average IQ of Thunder Bay.

>So far, no owl attacks. Just
> dog attacks as they were left unattended.

How can they tell what attacked, from the bloody bits
of bone and stuff that are left tied to the clothes line?

Anna via CatKB.com
May 18th 06, 06:37 PM
>It would be a freakin awesome sight to see one. More so carrying off
>Anna LOL.

LOL. If it were a male condor it might want to carry me away.

May 18th 06, 06:53 PM
"Anna via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>Good grief, she was talking about tying it to a clothesline! Follow
>>the thread from the beginning!
>
>Which is what a lot of people in my city do. So far, no owl attacks. Just
>dog attacks as they were left unattended.

Fail to plan then plan to fail.

-mhd

cybercat
May 18th 06, 07:01 PM
"Anna via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >It would be a freakin awesome sight to see one. More so carrying off
> >Anna LOL.
>
> LOL. If it were a male condor it might want to carry me away.

Think you are irresistable to boy birds, eh, Anna?

Kiran
May 18th 06, 07:11 PM
Anna via CatKB.com <[email protected]> wrote:

: Would you suggest to a chihuahua or ****zu or other small dog owner
: to never walk their dogs because a raptor might get it?

I think this thread was about Simba's mom leaving him restrained in the
yard. That would be dangerous, and in an unfair sort of way. He can be
attacked but not escape.

As long as he is free to sense and react to any danger how he sees fit,
fight or flight depending on the attacker, we are on normal level
playing field as nature designed it and his odds are much, much better.

Kiran
May 18th 06, 07:23 PM
Simba's Mom > wrote:

: Of course not - don't be ridiculous! He only goes out WITH me! That's
: the safest option out there.

I am sure you know what you are doing and will decide the best for
Simba. So much depends on local conditions. A city is different from a
wooded area, a yardful of people different from one distracted person.

However, as a general rule, please understand that if Simba is tied,
your only contributions to his safety is that a potential predator
might feel intimidated enough not to attack. But if he decides to take
his chances and attacks, do trust me on this, you won't be able to
sense or do anything in time. OTOH, Simba would do much better if he
was free to move. He will sense the danger before you and move faster
than you can ever dream of.

PawsForThought
May 19th 06, 05:34 PM
Simba's Mom wrote:
> Hi all - I am so stressed and need people to keep my baby in their
> thoughts today. I recently moved into a new house last week and it
> backs onto a forest, with few neighbours.

Have you checked your old house? I've heard stories of cats who went
back to their original home.

RPS
May 19th 06, 08:14 PM
PawsForThought > wrote:

: Simba's Mom wrote:
: > Hi all - I am so stressed and need people to keep my baby in their
: > thoughts today. I recently moved into a new house last week and it
: > backs onto a forest, with few neighbours.
:
: Have you checked your old house? I've heard stories of cats who went
: back to their original home.

Good news, since she made her first post Simba has returned home. :)

Candace
May 19th 06, 08:20 PM
wrote:

> Just this past year on America's Funniest Videos(I saw nothing funny
> with this), a father and son were sitting across from each on a picnic
> table with the family pet mouse in a cage. As they were letting it out
> the camera caught a flash of very fast moving bird zooming through
> them taking the mouse with it. It happened in a blink. Many raptors do
> not attack from high up either but just drop from a tree branch and
> glide low to the ground.
>
> -mhd

Wow, I don't see anything funny about that either. Obviously, the poor
mouse's owners were not too despondent about its death if they
submitted a video (or maybe someone else submitted it, but that's
equally disgusting) and the TV show's producers must not be very kind
people to find the death of a pet funny.

I have watched that show about twice in my life. No offense but it
seems to be geared to the lowest common denominator. I would hope they
at least got some complaints about running that video.

Candace

May 19th 06, 10:54 PM
"Candace" > wrote:

wrote:

>> Just this past year on America's Funniest Videos(I saw nothing funny
>> with this), a father and son were sitting across from each on a picnic
>> table with the family pet mouse in a cage. As they were letting it out
>> the camera caught a flash of very fast moving bird zooming through
>> them taking the mouse with it. It happened in a blink. Many raptors do
>> not attack from high up either but just drop from a tree branch and
>> glide low to the ground.
>>
>> -mhd
>
>Wow, I don't see anything funny about that either. Obviously, the poor
>mouse's owners were not too despondent about its death if they
>submitted a video (or maybe someone else submitted it, but that's
>equally disgusting) and the TV show's producers must not be very kind
>people to find the death of a pet funny.
>
>I have watched that show about twice in my life. No offense but it
>seems to be geared to the lowest common denominator. I would hope they
>at least got some complaints about running that video.
>
>Candace

It was amazingly not funny and had no place on that show. It's one
thing to submit videos of stupid people doing stupid things, but that
was just a tragedy in my mind, and it also had to be to the child who
owned the pet mouse.

There has been some other sick videos such as the cat who grabbed
something hanging from a moving ceiling fan. The cat ended up flying
off and bouncing of a wall. Naturally the audience laughed.

-mhd

CatNipped
May 19th 06, 10:57 PM

wrote:

>>> Just this past year on America's Funniest Videos(I saw nothing funny
>>> with this), a father and son were sitting across from each on a picnic
>>> table with the family pet mouse in a cage. As they were letting it out
>>> the camera caught a flash of very fast moving bird zooming through
>>> them taking the mouse with it. It happened in a blink. Many raptors do
>>> not attack from high up either but just drop from a tree branch and
>>> glide low to the ground.
>>>
>>> -mhd
>>
>>Wow, I don't see anything funny about that either. Obviously, the poor
>>mouse's owners were not too despondent about its death if they
>>submitted a video (or maybe someone else submitted it, but that's
>>equally disgusting) and the TV show's producers must not be very kind
>>people to find the death of a pet funny.
>>
>>I have watched that show about twice in my life. No offense but it
>>seems to be geared to the lowest common denominator. I would hope they
>>at least got some complaints about running that video.
>>
>>Candace
>

> It was amazingly not funny and had no place on that show. It's one
> thing to submit videos of stupid people doing stupid things, but that
> was just a tragedy in my mind, and it also had to be to the child who
> owned the pet mouse.
>
> There has been some other sick videos such as the cat who grabbed
> something hanging from a moving ceiling fan. The cat ended up flying
> off and bouncing of a wall. Naturally the audience laughed.

UGH! I'd rather watch "Animal Planet's, The Planet's Funniest Animals"
where they won't show any videos in which an animal is hurt (and ask that no
animals be harmed in the making of videos to submit).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped