PDA

View Full Version : I miss Meep!

jmc
May 13th 06, 08:36 PM
We're in the middle from traveling from the UK to Australia. We are in
the US, visiting our parents. Meep has been in the UK in a cattery for
the last month, since bringing her to the US would complicate getting
her to Oz.

This is the weekend she's flying to Australia, I'm worried about her and
upset that I can't be there to reassure her in what must be a terrifying
time. She leaves from the cattery, but only flies to Heathrow, where
she spends around 20 hours, gets put back on a plane for the long, long
flight to Australia, she arrives there on Tuesday (international date
line, she misses Monday altogether).

Poor kitty, the day she skips is her 10th birthday.

She's in quarantine there for a month, then she finally gets out of
prison and reunited with me on MY birthday, in mid June.

I hope she's OK. The lady at the cattery says she's been doing well,
hope the trip doesn't stress her too much. She gets cystitis and is
just starting to show signs of cardiomyopathy, so despite my vet's OK (I
had them do a complete workup on her before this started) I'm worried
about her.

Not to mention, I miss her terribly. She is normally my little shadow,
I really miss her companionship. And we're only halfway through this ordeal.

Hopefully she has a good memory, she has actually been through this
before, so I hope she remembers that we'll be reunited at the end of
this, in a warm and sunny place where she can go outside (under
supervision) year round. She quite enjoyed that last time.

jmc

Lorna Kemble
May 13th 06, 09:47 PM
I can understand your worry. One of the vets from my work is flying
out to Australia today to live, she is very lucky. Her animals went a
few days ago. I think they are sednated for journey so hopefully your
cat will be ok. WIll they keep in touch with you when you over there
to make sure she is ok? I am sure they are able to keep her as
comfortable as possible and if she has cystitis there are vets on hand
at all times to treat her. She will know who you are when you meet up,
give her a massive treat=)

stan beck
May 13th 06, 10:00 PM
I've never had to go through the quarantine process with any pet -- it
sounds dreadful. As you said above, you will both have a sweet reunion
to which to look forward. Thanks for sharing!

Stan

www.Kitten-Pictures.com
The net's most Adorable Kitten Pictures!

Lorna Kemble
May 13th 06, 10:21 PM
I just followed link on your message Stan, that is such a cute web=).
JMC your reunion will be the best

Niel Humphreys
May 14th 06, 01:52 AM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> We're in the middle from traveling from the UK to Australia. We are in
> the US, visiting our parents. Meep has been in the UK in a cattery for
> the last month, since bringing her to the US would complicate getting her
> to Oz.
>
> This is the weekend she's flying to Australia, I'm worried about her and
> upset that I can't be there to reassure her in what must be a terrifying
> time. She leaves from the cattery, but only flies to Heathrow, where she
> spends around 20 hours, gets put back on a plane for the long, long flight
> to Australia, she arrives there on Tuesday (international date line, she
> misses Monday altogether).
>
> Poor kitty, the day she skips is her 10th birthday.
>
> She's in quarantine there for a month, then she finally gets out of prison
> and reunited with me on MY birthday, in mid June.
>
> I hope she's OK. The lady at the cattery says she's been doing well, hope
> the trip doesn't stress her too much. She gets cystitis and is just
> starting to show signs of cardiomyopathy, so despite my vet's OK (I had
> them do a complete workup on her before this started) I'm worried about
> her.
>
> Not to mention, I miss her terribly. She is normally my little shadow, I
> really miss her companionship. And we're only halfway through this ordeal.
>
> Hopefully she has a good memory, she has actually been through this
> before, so I hope she remembers that we'll be reunited at the end of this,
> in a warm and sunny place where she can go outside (under supervision)
> year round.

The second Meep sees you at your end all will be forgotten and she will love
you as always I am sure. :)
--

Niel H

jmc
May 14th 06, 02:35 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Lorna Kemble exclaimed (5/13/2006 4:47 PM):
> I can understand your worry. One of the vets from my work is flying
> out to Australia today to live, she is very lucky. Her animals went a
> few days ago. I think they are sednated for journey so hopefully your
> cat will be ok. WIll they keep in touch with you when you over there
> to make sure she is ok? I am sure they are able to keep her as
> comfortable as possible and if she has cystitis there are vets on hand
> at all times to treat her. She will know who you are when you meet up,
> give her a massive treat=)

Yes, if it goes the same way as before, they'll assign someone as
primary caregiver, and that person will keep in contact with me. The
guy I'm in contact with now promised to email me when she arrives in
quarantine. He said he likes "worried mommy" types because then he
knows we love our pets :)

I know she'll remember me. How long it'll take for her to forgive me is
another matter :)

jmc

jmc
May 14th 06, 03:44 PM
Suddenly, without warning, jmc exclaimed (5/13/2006 3:36 PM):
> We're in the middle from traveling from the UK to Australia. We are in
> the US, visiting our parents. Meep has been in the UK in a cattery for
> the last month, since bringing her to the US would complicate getting
> her to Oz.
>
> This is the weekend she's flying to Australia, I'm worried about her and
> upset that I can't be there to reassure her in what must be a terrifying
> time. She leaves from the cattery, but only flies to Heathrow, where
> she spends around 20 hours, gets put back on a plane for the long, long
> flight to Australia, she arrives there on Tuesday (international date
> line, she misses Monday altogether).
>
> Poor kitty, the day she skips is her 10th birthday.
>
> She's in quarantine there for a month, then she finally gets out of
> prison and reunited with me on MY birthday, in mid June.
>
> I hope she's OK. The lady at the cattery says she's been doing well,
> hope the trip doesn't stress her too much. She gets cystitis and is
> just starting to show signs of cardiomyopathy, so despite my vet's OK (I
> had them do a complete workup on her before this started) I'm worried
> about her.
>
> Not to mention, I miss her terribly. She is normally my little shadow,
> I really miss her companionship. And we're only halfway through this
> ordeal.
>
> Hopefully she has a good memory, she has actually been through this
> before, so I hope she remembers that we'll be reunited at the end of
> this, in a warm and sunny place where she can go outside (under
> supervision) year round. She quite enjoyed that last time.
>
> jmc

Well, she's made it as far as Heathrow. I don't have any contacts down
there, so I don't know how well she handled the short flight. Probably
OK. She doesn't head out again until early am my time. Now I wait.
She won't get into Australia until Tuesday her time, which'll be
tomorrow afternoon.

I'm a wreck. I hope she's not...

jmc

silvercelt
May 14th 06, 06:17 PM
Keep strong. I know it is hard. I am sure she is in the best hands.
Try to think of it as a little adventure she is having and soon she
will be resting in Australia until you are able to meet again.

Rhonda
May 14th 06, 07:13 PM
I hope Meep has a smooth transition, jmc. Sounds like she's experienced
at this and is a tough girl.

It's great she has so many people looking out for her.

Let us know when you hear she's arrived!

Rhonda

jmc wrote:

> Hopefully she has a good memory, she has actually been through this
> before, so I hope she remembers that we'll be reunited at the end of
> this, in a warm and sunny place where she can go outside (under
> supervision) year round. She quite enjoyed that last time.
>
> jmc

Rhonda
May 14th 06, 07:14 PM
Where does she stay while in London? Do they have a special area at the
airport or is she transferred to a vet?

Rhonda

jmc wrote:

> Well, she's made it as far as Heathrow. I don't have any contacts down
> there, so I don't know how well she handled the short flight. Probably
> OK. She doesn't head out again until early am my time. Now I wait. She
> won't get into Australia until Tuesday her time, which'll be tomorrow
> afternoon.
>
> I'm a wreck. I hope she's not...
>
> jmc

jmc
May 15th 06, 12:37 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Rhonda exclaimed (5/14/2006 2:14 PM):
> jmc wrote:
>

>> Well, she's made it as far as Heathrow. I don't have any contacts
>> down there, so I don't know how well she handled the short flight.
>> Probably OK. She doesn't head out again until early am my time. Now
>> I wait. She won't get into Australia until Tuesday her time, which'll
>> be tomorrow afternoon.
>>
>> I'm a wreck. I hope she's not...
>>
>> jmc
> Where does she stay while in London? Do they have a special area at the
> airport or is she transferred to a vet?
>
> Rhonda

She stayed at a cattery, but is now on the long flight to Australia.
Over 22 hours, yuck.

I know she's in good hands, but all I can remember is how poorly she was
when I picked her up from quarantine last time. That was when she
wouldn't eat outside of her home...She lost nearly half her body weight
then. She's fine in catteries now, but of course I still worry.

jmc

Barb
May 15th 06, 04:46 PM
This sure is an awfully rough time for you. Be sure to let us know when you
two are back together again.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

jmc
May 16th 06, 04:18 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Barb exclaimed (5/15/2006 11:46 AM):
> This sure is an awfully rough time for you. Be sure to let us know when you
> two are back together again.
>
> --
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

She made it. She's lost a little weight, but apparently she handled the
trip relatively well.

Now I can sleep tonight :)

jmc

BulletProof
May 16th 06, 04:31 AM
jmc wrote:

> She made it. She's lost a little weight, but apparently she handled the
> trip relatively well.
>
> Now I can sleep tonight :)
>
> jmc

well I think that's great, I know it's a huge relief for you cat and
you's

you really think a jet lag cat is gonna sleep? :)

Rhonda
May 16th 06, 05:51 AM
More good news!

Glad she did well. Now both of you can sleep.

Rhonda

jmc wrote:

> She made it. She's lost a little weight, but apparently she handled the
> trip relatively well.
>
> Now I can sleep tonight :)
>
> jmc

jmc
May 16th 06, 01:58 PM
Suddenly, without warning, BulletProof exclaimed (5/15/2006 11:31 PM):
> jmc wrote:
>
>> She made it. She's lost a little weight, but apparently she handled the
>> trip relatively well.
>>
>> Now I can sleep tonight :)
>>
>> jmc
>
> well I think that's great, I know it's a huge relief for you cat and
> you's
>
> you really think a jet lag cat is gonna sleep? :)

Um. Yea. Time never seems to have affected her ability to sleep
before... in fact, by what little schedule she'd keep, she'll actually
be sleeping at night for a couple of days. Too bad I won't be there to
enjoy it :)

jmc

Barb
May 16th 06, 04:47 PM
Great! Now we can All sleep!

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

silvercelt
May 16th 06, 07:14 PM
That is great news glad she had good trip and is safe and well=)