PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get the best price on "superpremium" canned food?

Kiran
May 15th 06, 07:52 AM
I normally buy at Petsmart and have a pretty good strategy of watching
their sales and combining them coupons. However, they only carry Fancy
Feast, Pro Plan, Eucanuba etc., the brands I might conveniently call
premium but not "superpremium" ones I see selling for about twice as
much at smaller local stores. Example of those might be Wellness etc.

I would like to experiment with them, to see if likes them better. I am
sure many of you buy these and I was wondering what is the lowest price
source you have found for them?

stan beck
May 15th 06, 10:44 AM
On occassion, warehouse stores like Costco can also carry premium
brands.

Stan

http://Kitten-Pictures.com
For the most Adorable Kittens Pics on the net!

Victor Martinez
May 15th 06, 12:12 PM
Kiran wrote:
> I would like to experiment with them, to see if likes them better. I am
> sure many of you buy these and I was wondering what is the lowest price
> source you have found for them?

Foods like Innova and Felidae I've only seen at local pet stores.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

cybercat
May 15th 06, 08:28 PM
"Kiran" > wrote in message
> I normally buy at Petsmart and have a pretty good strategy of watching
> their sales and combining them coupons. However, they only carry Fancy
> Feast, Pro Plan, Eucanuba etc., the brands I might conveniently call
> premium but not "superpremium" ones I see selling for about twice as
> much at smaller local stores. Example of those might be Wellness etc.
>
> I would like to experiment with them, to see if likes them better. I am
> sure many of you buy these and I was wondering what is the lowest price
> source you have found for them?

Never underestimate the savings you might get from the online stores.
I buy from Petfooddirect.com and they have great specials that save
you money when you figure in shipping vs gas prices and time spent
shopping. They are dependable, too.

http://tinyurl.com/zlz3a

Juice
May 15th 06, 11:37 PM
Kiran wrote:

> I would like to experiment with them, to see if likes them better. I am
> sure many of you buy these and I was wondering what is the lowest price
> source you have found for them?

I've been getting mine from petsmart super super low prices
hell! it's practically free!

~*Connie*~
May 16th 06, 02:17 AM
> Never underestimate the savings you might get from the online stores.
> I buy from Petfooddirect.com and they have great specials that save
> you money when you figure in shipping vs gas prices and time spent
> shopping. They are dependable, too.

Just so you all know, petfooddirect is not necessarily licensed to sell some
of the super premium foods. (evo for one) They either get their food from a
counterfeiter (who knows? Frontline was counterfeited and lots of that
showed up on your 'reliable' on line sources) or from a licensed source who
is selling to them with out the manufacturers permission. Someone I know
had a problem with some evo they bought on line and the manufacture said
they weren't authorized.

I for one found it to be very profitable to have a good relationship with a
small premium petstore. Got to know the owner, and he passed a lot of his
savings on to me, knowing I would continue to purchase through him.

MaryL
May 16th 06, 06:10 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Kiran" > wrote in message
>> I normally buy at Petsmart and have a pretty good strategy of watching
>> their sales and combining them coupons. However, they only carry Fancy
>> Feast, Pro Plan, Eucanuba etc., the brands I might conveniently call
>> premium but not "superpremium" ones I see selling for about twice as
>> much at smaller local stores. Example of those might be Wellness etc.
>>
>> I would like to experiment with them, to see if likes them better. I am
>> sure many of you buy these and I was wondering what is the lowest price
>> source you have found for them?
>
> Never underestimate the savings you might get from the online stores.
> I buy from Petfooddirect.com and they have great specials that save
> you money when you figure in shipping vs gas prices and time spent
> shopping. They are dependable, too.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zlz3a

Agreed. I have used petfooddirect.com for several years -- always good
service, well packaged, and fast delivery. They do not carry InnovaEvo (for
that, I used http://tinyurl.com/odlgs), but I get Wellness and several
premium foods from them. I watch for their sales, which they frequently
list via email for those who register with them. There are no pet food
store within 75 miles of me that carries *any* of these products.

MaryL

cybercat
May 16th 06, 06:22 AM
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:

> Agreed. I have used petfooddirect.com for several years -- always good
> service, well packaged, and fast delivery. They do not carry InnovaEvo
(for
> that, I used http://tinyurl.com/odlgs), but I get Wellness and several
> premium foods from them. I watch for their sales, which they frequently
> list via email for those who register with them. There are no pet food
> store within 75 miles of me that carries *any* of these products.

I'm glad to hear that you have also had good experiences with them.
I have had them send food to a nutcase I know, so I can be sure his
cats get fed even though he refuses to work for a living.

Kiran
May 16th 06, 06:45 AM
Juice > wrote:

: I've been getting mine from petsmart super super low prices
: hell! it's practically free!

Petsmarts in my area don't carry any of those superpremium
brands.

cybercat
May 16th 06, 06:56 AM
"Kiran" > wrote in message
> Juice > wrote:
>
> : I've been getting mine from petsmart super super low prices
> : hell! it's practically free!
>
> Petsmarts in my area don't carry any of those superpremium
> brands.

I think he means petfooddirect.com.

Kiran
May 16th 06, 05:17 PM
PawsForThought > wrote:

: For the OP, you can usually find the better foods at stores like
: Whole Foods Market, although the price probably won't be so great.

Well, great prices are what my search is about. Otherwise I already
know small places where they sell these at high prices.

BTW, is Whole Foods' own Whole Paws brand any good? :)

Victor Martinez
May 17th 06, 12:32 AM
Kiran wrote:
> BTW, is Whole Foods' own Whole Paws brand any good? :)

The list of ingredients is quite good, actually. I wish our crew liked
the chicken formula, it has real chunks of chicken in gravy.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

May 17th 06, 04:41 AM
MaryL wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Kiran" > wrote in message
> >> I normally buy at Petsmart and have a pretty good strategy of watching
> >> their sales and combining them coupons. However, they only carry Fancy
> >> Feast, Pro Plan, Eucanuba etc., the brands I might conveniently call
> >> premium but not "superpremium" ones I see selling for about twice as
> >> much at smaller local stores. Example of those might be Wellness etc.
> >>
> >> I would like to experiment with them, to see if likes them better. I am
> >> sure many of you buy these and I was wondering what is the lowest price
> >> source you have found for them?
> >
> > Never underestimate the savings you might get from the online stores.
> > I buy from Petfooddirect.com and they have great specials that save
> > you money when you figure in shipping vs gas prices and time spent
> > shopping. They are dependable, too.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/zlz3a
> >

> Agreed. I have used petfooddirect.com for several years -- always good
> service, well packaged, and fast delivery. They do not carry InnovaEvo (for
> that, I used http://tinyurl.com/odlgs), but I get Wellness and several
> premium foods from them. I watch for their sales, which they frequently
> list via email for those who register with them. There are no pet food
> store within 75 miles of me that carries *any* of these products.
>
> MaryL

I really like petfooddirect.com also. Boots *only* eats Pro Plan,
nothing else, and there isn't a store that carries it within 50 miles.
I like the way they will set you up for automatic delivery, once a
month or whatever you ask. I never run out and have to make a special
trip to the city now. Don't even have to think about it.
This time I ordered another Wellness variety pack, just to see if
they'll eat it now. They liked it for a while, then cooled off on it
and wouldn't touch it. We'll try it again.

Sherry