PDA

View Full Version : Cat Bladder Problems.

kittycat
May 16th 06, 03:12 PM
I have a six month old cat by the name of Benny. While he has just been
desexed and his behaviour has improved, he was showing some fairly
strange behaviour as a kitten. From about two months he would come up
and sit on my lap then pee on me. Also he has been known to do this
while i have been asleep-after he wakes me up by nuzzling my neck. Why
would he do this? Also while his mum is also now desexed, she just had
a second litter of kittens which she is still feeding occassionly.
After being desexed Benny has restarted feeding from her. Is this
normal behaviour?

Anna via CatKB.com
May 16th 06, 03:33 PM
>I have a six month old cat by the name of Benny. While he has just been
>desexed and his behaviour has improved, he was showing some fairly
>strange behaviour as a kitten. From about two months he would come up
>and sit on my lap then pee on me. Also he has been known to do this
>while i have been asleep-after he wakes me up by nuzzling my neck. Why

You need to call your vet and ask him/her about this. You will probably have
to get a urinalysis done to see how his bladder and or/kidneys are doing.

>would he do this? Also while his mum is also now desexed, she just had
>a second litter of kittens which she is still feeding occassionly.

How could she have kittens if she's spayed? Or do you mean she had the
kittens and then you had her spayed?

>After being desexed Benny has restarted feeding from her. Is this
>normal behaviour?

You should not let him do this. He has his adult teeth now; this may hurt
her. She may become angry at him and walk away though anyways on her own.