PDA

View Full Version : Ping Nomen Nescio

Matthew aka NMR
May 16th 06, 09:35 PM
Hey Nomen Nescio

We were talking about the gator attacks here is some more links they think
they new attack this week was by a 9 to 10 footer.

Alligator Hunting Season Extended In Florida
http://www.local6.com/news/9222309/detail.html

Gator In Fatal Attack Was As Large As 9 Feet Tenn. Woman Found Inside
Gator's Mouth
http://www.local6.com/news/9217388/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_dailyforecast&tmi=orlpn_dailyforecast_1_04000205162006&ts=H

-L.
May 16th 06, 10:33 PM
Matthew aka NMR wrote:
> Hey Nomen Nescio
>
> We were talking about the gator attacks here is some more links they think
> they new attack this week was by a 9 to 10 footer.
>
> Alligator Hunting Season Extended In Florida
> http://www.local6.com/news/9222309/detail.html
>

> Gator In Fatal Attack Was As Large As 9 Feet Tenn. Woman Found Inside
> Gator's Mouth
> http://www.local6.com/news/9217388/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_dailyforecast&tmi=orlpn_dailyforecast_1_04000205162006&ts=H

Just another excuse for rednecked hicks to kill animals fo doing what
animals do naturally...

-L.

BulletProof
May 16th 06, 11:43 PM
-L. wrote:

> Just another excuse for rednecked hicks to kill animals fo doing what
> animals do naturally...

DID YOU EAT A HAMBURGER THIS WEEK? then you aided and ebedded in the
killing of an animal

im sure they merely tranquilize a gator... same as a cow or pig or a
chicken

but now fresh lobster? he screams when he hits the bawling water

Matthew aka NMR
May 16th 06, 11:58 PM
"BulletProof" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> -L. wrote:
>
>> Just another excuse for rednecked hicks to kill animals fo doing what
>> animals do naturally...
>

> DID YOU EAT A HAMBURGER THIS WEEK? then you aided and ebedded in the
> killing of an animal
>
> im sure they merely tranquilize a gator... same as a cow or pig or a
> chicken
>
> but now fresh lobster? he screams when he hits the bawling water

Don't forget the crabs hop out of the pot

BulletProof
May 17th 06, 05:06 PM
Nomen Nescio wrote:

> From: "BulletProof" >
>
> >but now fresh lobster? he screams when he hits the bawling water
>
> Had a nice 6 pounder for dinner last Friday. He took a hot bath,
> went to sleep, and was quite tasty. No screams.

sure he did, only the cat could hear it
didn't you see the expression on TK's face?

heh heh

-L.
May 17th 06, 05:46 PM
BulletProof wrote:
> -L. wrote:
>
> > Just another excuse for rednecked hicks to kill animals fo doing what
> > animals do naturally...
>

> DID YOU EAT A HAMBURGER THIS WEEK? then you aided and ebedded in the
> killing of an animal

No. I don't eat hamburger.

> im sure they merely tranquilize a gator... same as a cow or pig or a
> chicken

I think they just shoot the gator in the head. Cows and pigs are
stunned with a captive-bolt gun or in the case of pigs, sometimes
electricity (gee, that's humane - not). Chickens have their heads
whacked on a solid surface while hanging upside-down from their feet*.
If they duck as they go by, they are dunked in the boiling
de-feathering bath while still alive. These reasons and more are why I
buy my meat from an individual farmer who kills his own poultry. I
only eat chicken and turkey.

*This is why you will often buy chickens that have a broken leg. The
chicken breaks its leg struggling to get free prior to being sent on
the conveyor belt to the head-whacking station.

> but now fresh lobster? he screams when he hits the bawling water

I don't eat lobster - never would.

-L.

Matthew aka NMR
May 17th 06, 06:11 PM
"Nomen Nescio" > wrote in message

> From: "Matthew aka NMR" >
>
>>Hey Nomen Nescio
>>
>>We were talking about the gator attacks here is some more links they
>>think
>>they new attack this week was by a 9 to 10 footer.
>>
>>Alligator Hunting Season Extended In Florida
>>http://www.local6.com/news/9222309/detail.html
>>

>>Gator In Fatal Attack Was As Large As 9 Feet Tenn. Woman Found Inside
>>Gator's Mouth
>>http://www.local6.com/news/9217388/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&t
>>ml=orlpn_dailyforecast&tmi=orlpn_dailyforecast_1_04000205162006&ts=H
>
> Nasty critters.
> If I wind up moving to Fla., I think I'm gonna make myself an
> alligator jacket and matching boots. :)
>
> How do you hunt those things. Do you spear them? Or can
> you just pop them in the head with a .357 magnum on the
> shoreline?
> I've eaten deep fried 'gator in New Orleans. It's rather tasty
> with a little hot sauce.
> I'd bet that sweet & sour 'gator would be delicious.

You have to pierce the brain in a certain spot right behind the eyes or the
gator will live same with crocs crocodile Dundee Paul Hogan in his move
showed how it was done. gator is delicious the raise it here in Florida on
farms gator tail steak is real good when prepared right you can get all
along a highway called 40 here in Florida in all the little towns

cybercat
May 17th 06, 06:21 PM
"Matthew aka NMR" > wrote i:

bet that sweet & sour 'gator would be delicious.

> You have to pierce the brain in a certain spot right behind the eyes or
the
> gator will live same with crocs crocodile Dundee Paul Hogan in his move
> showed how it was done. gator is delicious the raise it here in Florida
on
> farms gator tail steak is real good when prepared right you can get
all
> along a highway called 40 here in Florida in all the little towns

There are restaurants in Houston Texas that serve deep fried alligator.
I tasted it once. It was just like (yes, I am going to say it!) tough
whitemeat chicken. I didn't go back for seconds.

Matthew aka NMR
May 17th 06, 06:26 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew aka NMR" > wrote i:
>
> bet that sweet & sour 'gator would be delicious.
>> >
>> You have to pierce the brain in a certain spot right behind the eyes or
> the
>> gator will live same with crocs crocodile Dundee Paul Hogan in his
>> move
>> showed how it was done. gator is delicious the raise it here in Florida
> on
>> farms gator tail steak is real good when prepared right you can get
> all
>> along a highway called 40 here in Florida in all the little towns
>>

> There are restaurants in Houston Texas that serve deep fried alligator.
> I tasted it once. It was just like (yes, I am going to say it!) tough
> whitemeat chicken. I didn't go back for seconds.

That is the problem with deep frying if the cook is inexperienced, not
paying attention, not using good oil, the restaurant not changed the oil in
awhile; which is almost common practice in the restaurant business or just a
****ty cook it ruins the meal. If have found some alternatives to deep
frying and you can not tell the difference

cybercat
May 17th 06, 06:33 PM
"Matthew aka NMR" > wrote

> That is the problem with deep frying if the cook is inexperienced, not
> paying attention, not using good oil, the restaurant not changed the oil
in
> awhile; which is almost common practice in the restaurant business or just
> ****ty cook it ruins the meal. If have found some alternatives to deep
> frying and you can not tell the difference

Yep, and as with other ways of cooking, overcooking is the most common
mistake.

I put up my deep fryer years ago. (I mostly used it for catfish and
chicken.)
What are the alternatives you use? I have tried some "ovenfried" recipes
but they are never crispy enough.

Matthew aka NMR
May 17th 06, 06:37 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew aka NMR" > wrote
>
>> That is the problem with deep frying if the cook is inexperienced, not
>> paying attention, not using good oil, the restaurant not changed the oil
> in
>> awhile; which is almost common practice in the restaurant business or
>> just
>> ****ty cook it ruins the meal. If have found some alternatives to deep
>> frying and you can not tell the difference
>>

> Yep, and as with other ways of cooking, overcooking is the most common
> mistake.
>
> I put up my deep fryer years ago. (I mostly used it for catfish and
> chicken.)
> What are the alternatives you use? I have tried some "ovenfried" recipes
> but they are never crispy enough.

The alternatives is using different coatings instead of cornmeal try
ground up cornflakes in an oven I use it on my onion rings in an oven at
350 comes out just as crispy and not oily
Try different oils with your fryer not Extra virgin gets to hot to fast

BulletProof
May 17th 06, 06:52 PM
-L. wrote:
> > > Just another excuse for rednecked hicks to kill animals fo doing what
> > > animals do naturally...

Lyn, if a gator was in your backyard and had you cornered
and there I am with my shotgun.... and uh... ok.. you see where Im
headed with that

don't get me wrong, we are sophisticated moon walkers, hell! we've put
rovers on mars!

we have all sorts of folk who look after the welfare of animals
and I agree! if there is a simpler less painful way to handle our
business
when it comes to DOMINION AND CONTROL of the animal kingdom
then Im all for that

but back to your original statement! hell yeah! rednecks are gonna have
big fun..

--

bout the broken chicken legs we sometimes run across...

I've seen that before, but as I remember I find them from carry out
fried chickens
like bojankles or that finger licking good place...KFC!

cybercat
May 17th 06, 07:38 PM
"Matthew aka NMR" > wrote:

> > Yep, and as with other ways of cooking, overcooking is the most common
> > mistake.
> >
> > I put up my deep fryer years ago. (I mostly used it for catfish and
> > chicken.)
> > What are the alternatives you use? I have tried some "ovenfried" recipes
> > but they are never crispy enough.
> >
> The alternatives is using different coatings instead of cornmeal try
> ground up cornflakes in an oven I use it on my onion rings in an oven at
> 350 comes out just as crispy and not oily
> Try different oils with your fryer not Extra virgin gets to hot to fast

This is a great topic for rec.food.cooking. :) I added the group. We
can take h+b out of the group line in future replies ...

Charlie Wilkes
May 18th 06, 08:38 AM
On Wed, 17 May 2006 09:10:26 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
> wrote:

Hey Nomen. I see your purchase of HP stock has paid off. I'm amazed.
I thought they were past all hope.

Charlie

May 18th 06, 11:21 AM
BulletProof wrote:
> -L. wrote:
>
> > Just another excuse for rednecked hicks to kill animals fo doing what
> > animals do naturally...
>

> DID YOU EAT A HAMBURGER THIS WEEK? then you aided and ebedded in the
> killing of an animal
>
> im sure they merely tranquilize a gator... same as a cow or pig or a
> chicken

according to the news, they killed all the alligators they suspected of
attacking humans. the same as they kill bears who attack humans. they
do not relocate these animals at all.

about your hamburger comment. the killing of the animals is the least
of it. it's the cruel confinement of most of them where they can barely
move. even some big organic combines, like Horizon, don't let the
animals range free except in name only and the confined animals don't
even know what the ramp is for - that is opened up to them once per
week for an hour. the small organic farms do let the animals actually
roam in pastures. i have seen them in the middle of the street so i
know that it's pretty and true.

-L.
May 18th 06, 04:44 PM
BulletProof wrote:

> Lyn, if a gator was in your backyard and had you cornered
> and there I am with my shotgun.... and uh... ok.. you see where Im
> headed with that

Why would I advocate you shooting a wild animal. Unless a human was in
iminent danger, there is no reason to kill it.

> don't get me wrong, we are sophisticated moon walkers, hell! we've put
> rovers on mars!
>
> we have all sorts of folk who look after the welfare of animals
> and I agree! if there is a simpler less painful way to handle our
> business
> when it comes to DOMINION AND CONTROL of the animal kingdom
> then Im all for that

Oh please, do not start on the bible thumping. Not all of us are
Christian and believe that humans-are-superior bull****, you know. I
suspect you have been reading my commentary to a specific whacko Fundie
in rfc.

> I've seen that before, but as I remember I find them from carry out
> fried chickens
> like bojankles or that finger licking good place...KFC!

KFC has been cited numerous times for their ill-treatment of chickens.
You really should not patronize that chain.

-L.

Anna via CatKB.com
May 18th 06, 06:53 PM
>about your hamburger comment. the killing of the animals is the least
>of it. it's the cruel confinement of most of them where they can barely
>move. even some big organic combines, like Horizon, don't let the
>animals range free except in name only and the confined animals don't
>even know what the ramp is for - that is opened up to them once per
>week for an hour. the small organic farms do let the animals actually
>roam in pastures. i have seen them in the middle of the street so i
>know that it's pretty and true.

Isn't it strange that there are laws to protect cats and dogs, but treatment
of farm animals aren't monitored nearly as well. Seems so hypocritical. Sad.

BulletProof
May 19th 06, 01:26 AM
-L. wrote:
> BulletProof wrote:
> >
> > Lyn, if a gator was in your backyard and had you cornered
> > and there I am with my shotgun.... and uh... ok.. you see where Im
> > headed with that
>
> Why would I advocate you shooting a wild animal. Unless a human was in
> iminent danger, there is no reason to kill it.

you said that already its moot

> Oh please, do not start on the bible thumping. Not all of us are
> Christian and believe that humans-are-superior bull****, you know. I
> suspect you have been reading my commentary to a specific whacko Fundie
> in rfc.

no, actually I didn't. probably won't either...

what does moonwalking and the bible have in common

did you post this thinking I had an opinion about your posts in rfc,
cause if you did?
I never read em

> > I've seen that before, but as I remember I find them from carry out
> > fried chickens
> > like bojankles or that finger licking good place...KFC!
>
> KFC has been cited numerous times for their ill-treatment of chickens.
> You really should not patronize that chain.

you don't like the colonel?

further! as I say, I am all for better methods of handling our business

however, please don't use in humane and animal in the same sentence
it's an axiom of terms

but even before I became a christian at the age of 11 yrs old.. 10
really, but almost 11

It doesn't take God or the Bible to teach me that I am above the
animals

and for the record, A good man, a righteous man sees to the needs of
his animals.
the wicked are cruel to animals

you got some skewed ideas about Christians based on some nuts out
there.

most of the people on usenet are what most might call normal, why do
you engross with the nutjobs

once the yellow flags go up.. what's the point in spending any more
energy on them

I read an article today

http://tinyurl.com/h63wc

found it doing a google news search, I had seen the headline about
monkey and dna on the front page of the times dispatch (richmond
newspaper)

Here is my super condensed version

(long as we're on topic, lol)

there was a horrible complicated series of extreme mutations when a
creature was split and became two! one was then a female one was a male
(this was I think they say inside 6 million years ago)

I don't push God on anyone, or post it where it is in-appropriate...
however
you brought it up, I still can't figure what moonwalking the bible have
in common
anyway

You're a biologist by trade, do you think you came from a monkey?

my take on that whole thing is... (if you believe the Bible and stuff
about God and all the Holy Prophets, yeah yeah yeah)

suppose God was just experimenting
suppose there were prototypes or...

you know, the more you do something the better you get at it...

I don't think! Adam and Eve swam out of a pond, no..
I think they were actually created! but! we find links between DNA that
is millions of years old, vs say... 6000 yrs for OUR species

most artist have a trademark stroke. I personaly like Monet's technic,
and Raphaels

so... I said all that to just to sputter and say... it does not suprise
me

WHY WOULDNT SOMEONE AS INDUSTRIOUS AS GOD have former man-like
creatures. I think this is what our scientists are finding.

there ARE some gaps in the chain of evolution, but I hope they will
fill those empty spots...

I am all for discovery and science and looking at things objectively

you got this speel from me, because you called me a bible thumper and
you don't know crap about me.

I am all for treating animals good, and doing away with pain.

NEXT!

-L.
May 19th 06, 01:44 AM
BulletProof wrote:
<snippy>

> did you post this thinking I had an opinion about your posts in rfc,
> cause if you did?
> I never read em

No, but it was a coinkydink that you used "dominion" as I just gave
some Fundie some **** for her same bull**** perspective.

> > > I've seen that before, but as I remember I find them from carry out
> > > fried chickens
> > > like bojankles or that finger licking good place...KFC!
> >
> > KFC has been cited numerous times for their ill-treatment of chickens.
> > You really should not patronize that chain.
>
> you don't like the colonel?
>
> further! as I say, I am all for better methods of handling our business
>
> however, please don't use in humane and animal in the same sentence
> it's an axiom of terms
>
> but even before I became a christian at the age of 11 yrs old.. 10
> really, but almost 11
>
> It doesn't take God or the Bible to teach me that I am above the
> animals

Oh Barry. That's so pathetic.

> and for the record, A good man, a righteous man sees to the needs of
> his animals.
> the wicked are cruel to animals
>
> you got some skewed ideas about Christians based on some nuts out
> there.

Like you? I'm only going on what you post. You've got some skewed
ideas about animals based on some antiquated work of fiction...

> most of the people on usenet are what most might call normal, why do
> you engross with the nutjobs

Ok, I'll unsubscribe from this group then...Honestly, all people are
nutjobs in their own little ways...

> once the yellow flags go up.. what's the point in spending any more
> energy on them
>
> I read an article today
>
> http://tinyurl.com/h63wc
>
> found it doing a google news search, I had seen the headline about
> monkey and dna on the front page of the times dispatch (richmond
> newspaper)
>
> Here is my super condensed version
>
> (long as we're on topic, lol)
>
> there was a horrible complicated series of extreme mutations when a
> creature was split and became two! one was then a female one was a male
> (this was I think they say inside 6 million years ago)

That's not exactly what it says, but whatever...

> I don't push God on anyone, or post it where it is in-appropriate...
> however
> you brought it up, I still can't figure what moonwalking the bible have
> in common
> anyway
>
> You're a biologist by trade, do you think you came from a monkey?

They tell us that
We lost our tails
Evolving up
>From little snails
I say it's all
Just wind in sails
Are we not men?
We are devo!
We're pinheads now
We are not whole
We're pinheads all
Jocko homo
Are we not men?
D-e-v-o
Monkey men all
In business suit
Teachers and critics
All dance the poot
Are we not men?
We are devo!
Are we not men?
D-e-v-o
God made man
But he used the monkey to do it
Apes in the planet
Like a walking robot
I can walk like an ape
Talk like an ape
I can do what a monkey can do
God made man
But a monkey supplied the glue
We must repeat
D-E-V-O
O.k. let's go!

> my take on that whole thing is... (if you believe the Bible and stuff
> about God and all the Holy Prophets, yeah yeah yeah)
>
> suppose God was just experimenting
> suppose there were prototypes or...
>
> you know, the more you do something the better you get at it...
>
> I don't think! Adam and Eve swam out of a pond, no..
> I think they were actually created! but! we find links between DNA that
> is millions of years old, vs say... 6000 yrs for OUR species

There are genes in protozoans that are exactly the same as genes in
humans.
Evolution is very definitely true. Bar, hon, remember, molecular
biology was my field. Why do you think I chose that field?

> most artist have a trademark stroke. I personaly like Monet's technic,
> and Raphaels
>
> so... I said all that to just to sputter and say... it does not suprise
> me
>
> WHY WOULDNT SOMEONE AS INDUSTRIOUS AS GOD have former man-like
> creatures. I think this is what our scientists are finding.
>
> there ARE some gaps in the chain of evolution, but I hope they will
> fill those empty spots...
>
> I am all for discovery and science and looking at things objectively
>
> you got this speel from me, because you called me a bible thumper and
> you don't know crap about me.

I know you're a Bible thumper.

> I am all for treating animals good, and doing away with pain.

But you still feel superior to animals.... Think about this: An
ameoba does everything, biologically, that you do. But he does it in
one single cell.

Now tell me who is superior?

That's your aura warp for the day.

-L.

BulletProof
May 19th 06, 02:04 AM
-L. wrote:
<RIP BULL****>

Lyn

you never read my damn post!
roflmao

swing your partner! round you go!
-
try this one on

I am above the animals because we decide their future

I can capture every single one of them
(there is one that cannot be captured, but he don't bother nobody)

the Leviathan

gratuatious bible thumping

--
I can cookem up, peel'em, boil em, sauté em, deep fried em, stir fry
em, skewer them

love them, sell them...
train them, mail them..

I can do this...
in the rain or on a train
in a box with a fox
in a boat with a goat
in a house with a mouse where the floors aint level and ceiling is
falling in, haunted by the devil ghost! and boogie men

I just don't get your point.

do you help any fair treatment groups? Im sure you do, Im not being
slamming when I ask that, would be a good way to steer the thread back
into the lane so to say

BulletProof
May 19th 06, 02:22 AM
-L. wrote:

> But you still feel superior to animals.... Think about this: An
> ameoba does everything, biologically, that you do. But he does it in
> one single cell.
>
> Now tell me who is superior?
>
> That's your aura warp for the day.

care to expand on this a little bit more...
I think you really believe it

are you taking the one with the universe approach thingy here
were all living organizms are interconnected...

do you have flowers in your hair just now

do you know "tyedye Mary" and...

uh.. what's in the bowl bitch

-L.
May 19th 06, 03:01 AM
BulletProof wrote:
> -L. wrote:
> <RIP BULL****>
>
> Lyn
>
> you never read my damn post!
> roflmao

Of course I read it. I responed to it line by line. You just don't
like my perceptions.

> swing your partner! round you go!
> -
> try this one on
>
> I am above the animals because we decide their future
>
> I can capture every single one of them
> (there is one that cannot be captured, but he don't bother nobody)
>
> the Leviathan
>
> gratuatious bible thumping
>
> --
> I can cookem up, peel'em, boil em, sauté em, deep fried em, stir fry
> em, skewer them
> BBQ em, etc...
>
> love them, sell them...
> train them, mail them..
>
> I can do this...
> in the rain or on a train
> in a box with a fox
> in a boat with a goat
> in a house with a mouse where the floors aint level and ceiling is
> falling in, haunted by the devil ghost! and boogie men
>
> I just don't get your point.

You *can* but SHOULD you? What gives you the right? That's my point.
Don't you think the ability to choose makes one more responsible rather
than less so?

Damn. Little Nipper just deleted the rest of your post. By "fair
treatment", do you mean animal welfare?

I work for two different ones as a volunteer doing research. And they
are primate groups - those protecting your cousins.

-L.

-L.
May 19th 06, 03:06 AM
BulletProof wrote:
> -L. wrote:
>
> > But you still feel superior to animals.... Think about this: An
> > ameoba does everything, biologically, that you do. But he does it in
> > one single cell.
> >
> > Now tell me who is superior?
> >
> > That's your aura warp for the day.
>
> care to expand on this a little bit more...
> I think you really believe it

Of course I believe it. It's true. They ingest, digest, excrete,
respirate, reproduce, and do all other biological functions that you do
- and they do it in a single cell.

> are you taking the one with the universe approach thingy here
> were all living organizms are interconnected...

That's called the Gaia principle. That's not what I am talking about
but of course I believe in it. I wanted to name a daughter Gaia.

> do you have flowers in your hair just now

Only when I go to San Francisco.

> do you know "tyedye Mary" and...
>
> uh.. what's in the bowl bitch

Today the bowl holds roses. I cut 24 today. Amazing. They don't call
Portland the City of Roses for nuttin.

-L.