PDA

View Full Version : hairball formula food

Michael Lane
May 18th 06, 03:06 PM
Has anyone had any experience with this type of cat food? Does it
eliminate hairballs?

thanks

Michael Lane

" Say what you want and be who you are,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. "
Dr. Seuss

-L.
May 18th 06, 04:41 PM
Michael Lane wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience with this type of cat food? Does it
> eliminate hairballs?

If you are talking about cat chow, I have had negative experience.
Many of them are extremely high in fiber and if your cat doesn't drink
enough water, it can cause blockages - I am convinced this is what
happend to my cat - his stools became very hard and difficult to pass
and his hairballs became entangled in the stools.

I now feed a different chow (high protein) and feed abundant canned
food as well, and my cat has recovered for the most part.

-L.

Sherri
May 19th 06, 01:01 AM
Michael Lane wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience with this type of cat food? Does it
> eliminate hairballs?
>
> thanks
>
> Michael Lane
>
> " Say what you want and be who you are,
> because those who mind don't matter
> and those who matter don't mind. "
> Dr. Seuss

I'm having good luck with Science diet's hairball food. I use the dry
and can. (I have 2 cats, one on RX diet,the one getting the science
diet is NOT on RX food) Both my cats are longhaired