PDA

View Full Version : Save the SNAKES!

cybercat
May 19th 06, 04:19 AM
This is the snake my tiny tabby was afraid of when she saw it on the floor
where my nephew had left it four years ago when I brought her home from the
shelter.

A few months later I got it out again and she began conquering it several
times a day with great howling and crying and bringing it to me and dropping
it at my feet, or up on the bed where I am sleeping.

Often I hear her begin to howl on the third floor, and next thing I know she
zooms by the couch where I am sitting and drops it at my feet on the say. I
have never seen a cat get more joy out of a toy.

Note the many tears and toothholes. It lost its head a couple of years ago,
but I saved it. :)

(The head dangled for a long time. Worried, I stocked up on all manner of
rubber snake from www.rubbersnakes.com, preparing for the day when the head
came off and spoiled the toy for Gracie. Of course she never even noticed.)

http://photos.yahoo.com/cyberpurrs

Elizabeth Blake
May 19th 06, 04:44 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> This is the snake my tiny tabby was afraid of when she saw it on the floor
> where my nephew had left it four years ago when I brought her home from
> the
> shelter.
>
> A few months later I got it out again and she began conquering it several
> times a day with great howling and crying and bringing it to me and
> dropping
> it at my feet, or up on the bed where I am sleeping.
>
> Often I hear her begin to howl on the third floor, and next thing I know
> she
> zooms by the couch where I am sitting and drops it at my feet on the say.
> have never seen a cat get more joy out of a toy.
>
> Note the many tears and toothholes. It lost its head a couple of years
> ago,
> but I saved it. :)
>
> (The head dangled for a long time. Worried, I stocked up on all manner of
> rubber snake from www.rubbersnakes.com, preparing for the day when the
> head
> came off and spoiled the toy for Gracie. Of course she never even
> noticed.)
>
> http://photos.yahoo.com/cyberpurrs

I used to have a small rubber snake, maybe 4" long It was a bendy snake
that had a wire in it. My cats ignored it and I don't know what I did with
it. I bet my new guy would love one so I'll have to look for some more. So
far Isaac's favorite toy seems to be kitchen towels and potholders.

--
Liz

cybercat
May 19th 06, 06:31 AM
"Elizabeth Blake" > wrote

> > http://photos.yahoo.com/cyberpurrs
> >

> I used to have a small rubber snake, maybe 4" long It was a bendy snake
> that had a wire in it. My cats ignored it and I don't know what I did
with
> it. I bet my new guy would love one so I'll have to look for some more.
So
> far Isaac's favorite toy seems to be kitchen towels and potholders.

This one is a very wiggly snake! I think its chief charm is that it scared
her
the first time she saw it, then she overcame her fear after she realized she
was
in a safe place. :) But who knows. I just know it's really hilarious when
she
it to me and presents it and looks at me with those huge serious eyes,
waiting
for praise. "Oh, Gracie. Did YOU catch this SNAKE? Good girl! He's very
green, this snake. And awfully wiggly."

The praise is why she does it several times a day. Strangely, about a year
into this routine she began conquering the snake surreptitiously. She waits
until I get into the shower, or go downstairs. I think she suspects my
amusement. Some cats really do hate it when you laugh at them. :)

-L.
May 19th 06, 06:44 AM
cybercat wrote:
> This is the snake my tiny tabby was afraid of when she saw it on the floor
> where my nephew had left it four years ago when I brought her home from the
> shelter.
>
> A few months later I got it out again and she began conquering it several
> times a day with great howling and crying and bringing it to me and dropping
> it at my feet, or up on the bed where I am sleeping.
>
> Often I hear her begin to howl on the third floor, and next thing I know she
> zooms by the couch where I am sitting and drops it at my feet on the say. I
> have never seen a cat get more joy out of a toy.
>
> Note the many tears and toothholes. It lost its head a couple of years ago,
> but I saved it. :)
>
> (The head dangled for a long time. Worried, I stocked up on all manner of
> rubber snake from www.rubbersnakes.com, preparing for the day when the head
> came off and spoiled the toy for Gracie. Of course she never even noticed.)
>
> http://photos.yahoo.com/cyberpurrs

LOL...Mimi had a small glow-in the dark snake when she was just a
newly-adopted tiny kitten. She would play fetch with it. Just as cute
as could be!

-L.

CatNipped
May 19th 06, 06:31 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> This is the snake my tiny tabby was afraid of when she saw it on the floor
> where my nephew had left it four years ago when I brought her home from
> the
> shelter.
>
> A few months later I got it out again and she began conquering it several
> times a day with great howling and crying and bringing it to me and
> dropping
> it at my feet, or up on the bed where I am sleeping.
>
> Often I hear her begin to howl on the third floor, and next thing I know
> she
> zooms by the couch where I am sitting and drops it at my feet on the say.
> have never seen a cat get more joy out of a toy.
>
> Note the many tears and toothholes. It lost its head a couple of years
> ago,
> but I saved it. :)
>
> (The head dangled for a long time. Worried, I stocked up on all manner of
> rubber snake from www.rubbersnakes.com, preparing for the day when the
> head
> came off and spoiled the toy for Gracie. Of course she never even
> noticed.)
>
> http://photos.yahoo.com/cyberpurrs

LOL! Poor snake. It looks like the gecko that my clowder got 'hold of a
while back, except that the poor gecko used to be alive!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped