PDA

View Full Version : Dumb neighbors

-L.
May 19th 06, 07:31 AM
Male and female couple - newly married but older than me - I'd say late
40's early 50's. They have a cat they let roam all day and all
night. He is *adorable* - black and white tux, named Buster. The
other day I was out standing in my yard talking to another neighbor and
a HUGE male coyote ran down the middle of the street. I was *shocked*
- while we are somewhat rural, we are very well developed here - there
are woods down the street, but most of the area is neighborhood for 5
or six miles in all directions. I never thought I would see a coyote
here.

The next day I saw the guy who owns the cat and told him about the
coyote. I told him he might want to keep Buster in at night. His
response? "Nah! The coyotes were here first - it's the natural food
chain."

WTF is wrong with people?

-L.

Candace
May 19th 06, 11:00 AM
-L. wrote:
> Male and female couple - newly married but older than me - I'd say late
> 40's early 50's. They have a cat they let roam all day and all
> night. He is *adorable* - black and white tux, named Buster. The
> other day I was out standing in my yard talking to another neighbor and
> a HUGE male coyote ran down the middle of the street. I was *shocked*
> - while we are somewhat rural, we are very well developed here - there
> are woods down the street, but most of the area is neighborhood for 5
> or six miles in all directions. I never thought I would see a coyote
> here.
>
> The next day I saw the guy who owns the cat and told him about the
> coyote. I told him he might want to keep Buster in at night. His
> response? "Nah! The coyotes were here first - it's the natural food
> chain."
>
> WTF is wrong with people?
>
> -L.

Ugh, how awful! Poor baby's future does not bode well. I hope he'll
be okay. I'd say kidnap him but I know that's hard to do when it's a
neighbor's animal. Of course, if you did take Buster in, they might
just assume the coyote got him.

Candace

CatNipped
May 19th 06, 03:36 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Male and female couple - newly married but older than me - I'd say late
> 40's early 50's. They have a cat they let roam all day and all
> night. He is *adorable* - black and white tux, named Buster. The
> other day I was out standing in my yard talking to another neighbor and
> a HUGE male coyote ran down the middle of the street. I was *shocked*
> - while we are somewhat rural, we are very well developed here - there
> are woods down the street, but most of the area is neighborhood for 5
> or six miles in all directions. I never thought I would see a coyote
> here.
>
> The next day I saw the guy who owns the cat and told him about the
> coyote. I told him he might want to keep Buster in at night. His
> response? "Nah! The coyotes were here first - it's the natural food
> chain."
>
> WTF is wrong with people?

They have the IQ of a snail??? They have the empathy of a hyena????? I
don't know, I just know people like that should not own animals or have
children!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

> -L.

cybercat
May 19th 06, 04:05 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Male and female couple - newly married but older than me - I'd say late
> > 40's early 50's. They have a cat they let roam all day and all
> > night. He is *adorable* - black and white tux, named Buster. The
> > other day I was out standing in my yard talking to another neighbor and
> > a HUGE male coyote ran down the middle of the street. I was *shocked*
> > - while we are somewhat rural, we are very well developed here - there
> > are woods down the street, but most of the area is neighborhood for 5
> > or six miles in all directions. I never thought I would see a coyote
> > here.
> >
> > The next day I saw the guy who owns the cat and told him about the
> > coyote. I told him he might want to keep Buster in at night. His
> > response? "Nah! The coyotes were here first - it's the natural food
> > chain."
> >
> > WTF is wrong with people?
>
> They have the IQ of a snail??? They have the empathy of a hyena????? I
> don't know, I just know people like that should not own animals or have
> children!
>
> --

It's disgusting. It is a variation of the "Be Free Wild Thing"
nonsense some in the UK and elsewhere do. The thing that made
my ex-best-friend tell me she would rather her cat have a much
shorter life and live it outside "where nature intended her to."
Nature? She lived in Baltimore. She got her wish too.

CatNipped
May 19th 06, 05:11 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> "-L." > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> > Male and female couple - newly married but older than me - I'd say late
>> > 40's early 50's. They have a cat they let roam all day and all
>> > night. He is *adorable* - black and white tux, named Buster. The
>> > other day I was out standing in my yard talking to another neighbor and
>> > a HUGE male coyote ran down the middle of the street. I was *shocked*
>> > - while we are somewhat rural, we are very well developed here - there
>> > are woods down the street, but most of the area is neighborhood for 5
>> > or six miles in all directions. I never thought I would see a coyote
>> > here.
>> >
>> > The next day I saw the guy who owns the cat and told him about the
>> > coyote. I told him he might want to keep Buster in at night. His
>> > response? "Nah! The coyotes were here first - it's the natural food
>> > chain."
>> >
>> > WTF is wrong with people?
>>
>> They have the IQ of a snail??? They have the empathy of a hyena????? I
>> don't know, I just know people like that should not own animals or have
>> children!
>>
>> --
>
> It's disgusting. It is a variation of the "Be Free Wild Thing"
> nonsense some in the UK and elsewhere do. The thing that made
> my ex-best-friend tell me she would rather her cat have a much
> shorter life and live it outside "where nature intended her to."
> Nature? She lived in Baltimore. She got her wish too.

Yeah, I now have an *EX* best friend (we were friends for 48 years!). I
*had* to drop her when, after months of me telling her the consequences and
giving her alternatives, she had both her cats declawed anyway because,
"They were scratching my new leather couch!". And then right after they
were declawed she made them jump up and down from the washer and dryer to
get to their food because she was too stupid to keep the dog out of it any
other way!!! *UGH*!!!!!!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Matthew aka NMR
May 19th 06, 05:14 PM
I remember you telling us that last year some people definitely need to
chemical sterilized and have a whip taken to their [email protected]@

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>> "-L." > wrote in message
>>> oups.com...

>>> They have the IQ of a snail??? They have the empathy of a hyena????? I
>>> don't know, I just know people like that should not own animals or have
>>> children!
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> It's disgusting. It is a variation of the "Be Free Wild Thing"
>> nonsense some in the UK and elsewhere do. The thing that made
>> my ex-best-friend tell me she would rather her cat have a much
>> shorter life and live it outside "where nature intended her to."
>> Nature? She lived in Baltimore. She got her wish too.
>
> Yeah, I now have an *EX* best friend (we were friends for 48 years!). I
> *had* to drop her when, after months of me telling her the consequences
> and giving her alternatives, she had both her cats declawed anyway
> because, "They were scratching my new leather couch!". And then right
> after they were declawed she made them jump up and down from the washer
> and dryer to get to their food because she was too stupid to keep the dog
> out of it any other way!!! *UGH*!!!!!!!!
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

CatNipped
May 19th 06, 05:17 PM
"Matthew aka NMR" > wrote in message
.. .
>I remember you telling us that last year some people definitely need to
>chemical sterilized and have a whip taken to their [email protected]@

Yep, I haven't talked to her since then, I want to throw up every time I
think about what she did!
--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Joe Canuck
May 19th 06, 05:31 PM
-L. wrote:
> Male and female couple - newly married but older than me - I'd say late
> 40's early 50's. They have a cat they let roam all day and all
> night. He is *adorable* - black and white tux, named Buster. The
> other day I was out standing in my yard talking to another neighbor and
> a HUGE male coyote ran down the middle of the street. I was *shocked*
> - while we are somewhat rural, we are very well developed here - there
> are woods down the street, but most of the area is neighborhood for 5
> or six miles in all directions. I never thought I would see a coyote
> here.
>
> The next day I saw the guy who owns the cat and told him about the
> coyote. I told him he might want to keep Buster in at night. His
> response? "Nah! The coyotes were here first - it's the natural food
> chain."
>
> WTF is wrong with people?
>
> -L.

Perhaps he was yanking your chain... is the cat still roaming?

May 20th 06, 06:04 AM
-L. wrote:
> Male and female couple - newly married but older than me - I'd say late
> 40's early 50's. They have a cat they let roam all day and all
> night. He is *adorable* - black and white tux, named Buster. The
> other day I was out standing in my yard talking to another neighbor and
> a HUGE male coyote ran down the middle of the street. I was *shocked*
> - while we are somewhat rural, we are very well developed here - there
> are woods down the street, but most of the area is neighborhood for 5
> or six miles in all directions. I never thought I would see a coyote
> here.
>
> The next day I saw the guy who owns the cat and told him about the
> coyote. I told him he might want to keep Buster in at night. His
> response? "Nah! The coyotes were here first - it's the natural food
> chain."
>
> WTF is wrong with people?
>
> -L.

Was it daytime? That's rare, and even more rare during daylight hours.
In the 50 years I have lived here, I've seen a coyote in the daytime
one time. OTOH, my daughter's housing additions sounds much like yours.
And they have seen a coyote on the school playground *twice*.
Makes you wonder what's going on with them. Are they just hungrier
because of all the encroachment, or just bolder? Or getting
overpopulated and thereby forced into more populated areas...maybe all
three.
BTW your neighbor is an idiot, but you already knew that. Wonder
exactly where he thinks *his* place on the food chain is.

Sherry

-L.
May 20th 06, 06:18 AM
wrote:
> Was it daytime? That's rare, and even more rare during daylight hours.
> In the 50 years I have lived here, I've seen a coyote in the daytime
> one time.

Yes, 1:30 PM - running straight down the middle of the road. Another
neighbor said she had seen it previously sitting in someone's yard in
the daytime.

OTOH, my daughter's housing additions sounds much like yours.
> And they have seen a coyote on the school playground *twice*.
> Makes you wonder what's going on with them. Are they just hungrier
> because of all the encroachment, or just bolder? Or getting
> overpopulated and thereby forced into more populated areas...maybe all
> three.

I think all three. He was acting like something had scared him. he's
probably hanging in the woods,and there are some idiot boys who play
down there - they may have chased him or something.

> BTW your neighbor is an idiot, but you already knew that. Wonder
> exactly where he thinks *his* place on the food chain is.

I seriously do not understand them.

-L.

Simba's Mom
May 21st 06, 07:06 PM
That is sick of him to say such a thing! When my cat went missing I
asked my neighbour about it and he said some stupid remark similar. He
said there's no foxes around here anymore but when there was he'd see
them practically every day running down the road with a cat hanging
from it's mouth. Nature's way, they gotta eat. Isn't that a rude
comment - especially to tell me given I was simply asking him if he's
seen my missing cat. Sick some people! My cat is fine tho, home safe.

ALthough on another note.... my parents place is surrounded by
coyotees, they come in big bunches right behind the house every night
howling, so so close, literally just feet away from the back door and
they never got any of the cats and they've lived there 20 years! They
do have dogs tho, which likely keeps the coyotees away and the cats are
out all hours of the night. Never had to worry about them tho. The dogs
protect them I suppose, but my parents would never speak such sickening
talk about the food chain and nature. Mind u if they were my cats I'd
never let them out of my sight around their house!

Simba's Mom