PDA

View Full Version : my kitten pants heavy after just a little bit of play

kira27
May 19th 06, 10:00 PM
my 6month old kitten has just started pnating pretty hard after about
10minutes of playing and she's not playing very hard is there something i
should be worried about. She also just got spaded last week on the 9th of May.

Camilla Baird
May 19th 06, 11:44 PM
kira27 wrote:
> my 6month old kitten has just started pnating pretty hard after about
> 10minutes of playing and she's not playing very hard is there something i
> should be worried about. She also just got spaded last week on the 9th of May.

I suggest you get a vet to check her heart and lungs. It may be
something she will grow out of - it may be something that needs medication.
Camilla

kira27
May 19th 06, 11:51 PM
Well when i take her to the vet what type of problems could they find with
the heart or lungs? i just want to be sure just so i don't have some vet
trying to scam me. Is there any other signs or symptoms i should be looking
for also?
Kira

Camilla Baird wrote:
>> my 6month old kitten has just started pnating pretty hard after about
>> 10minutes of playing and she's not playing very hard is there something i
>> should be worried about. She also just got spaded last week on the 9th of May.
>
>I suggest you get a vet to check her heart and lungs. It may be
>something she will grow out of - it may be something that needs medication.
>Camilla

Candace
May 20th 06, 03:19 AM
kira27 wrote:
> Well when i take her to the vet what type of problems could they find with
> the heart or lungs? i just want to be sure just so i don't have some vet
> trying to scam me. Is there any other signs or symptoms i should be looking
> for also?
> Kira

Heart disease (cardiomyopathy, etc.), asthma, other lung problems. One
of my cats used to pant when she played as a kitten but that was after
pretty hard play. In that case, if they get their breathing back to
normal in a minute or 2, it's okay, but you're saying your cat isn't
playing very hard when it happens. I suppose she could still be in a
weakened state from her spay but it is probably best to get her checked
out.

Candace

Catlover Medway via CatKB.com
May 20th 06, 05:35 PM
Hi, Kira, just to reiterate...please contact your vet as soon as possible.

kira27 wrote:
>my 6month old kitten has just started pnating pretty hard after about
>10minutes of playing and she's not playing very hard is there something i
>should be worried about. She also just got spaded last week on the 9th of May.

kira27 via CatKB.com
May 20th 06, 06:48 PM
thankyou for your advice it really helps.

Candace wrote:
>> Well when i take her to the vet what type of problems could they find with
>> the heart or lungs? i just want to be sure just so i don't have some vet
>> trying to scam me. Is there any other signs or symptoms i should be looking
>> for also?
>> Kira
>
>Heart disease (cardiomyopathy, etc.), asthma, other lung problems. One
>of my cats used to pant when she played as a kitten but that was after
>pretty hard play. In that case, if they get their breathing back to
>normal in a minute or 2, it's okay, but you're saying your cat isn't
>playing very hard when it happens. I suppose she could still be in a
>weakened state from her spay but it is probably best to get her checked
>out.
>
>Candace

kira27 via CatKB.com
May 20th 06, 06:49 PM
i will be sure to let you know how things work out and what the out come is
thankyou