PDA

View Full Version : Yes! I did it - coworker was going to adopt a dog but she got a cat instead

May 19th 06, 10:32 PM
Coworker of mine was talking to me about wanting to adopt a puppy or
dog. I told her dogs were an awful lot of work and another co-worker
told her how willful some dogs can be.

Well I explained to her that cats weren't aloof, that they were very
social creatures when it comes to their human etc.

Last week she adopted a 2 year old cat from the local shelter. Reesy is
just starting to adapt and doing so nicely. I'm going to tip my coworker
off to this group because she's going to have lots of questions.

cybercat
May 19th 06, 11:16 PM
"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> Coworker of mine was talking to me about wanting to adopt a puppy or
> dog. I told her dogs were an awful lot of work and another co-worker
> told her how willful some dogs can be.
>
> Well I explained to her that cats weren't aloof, that they were very
> social creatures when it comes to their human etc.
>
> Last week she adopted a 2 year old cat from the local shelter. Reesy is
> just starting to adapt and doing so nicely. I'm going to tip my coworker
> off to this group because she's going to have lots of questions.

Way to go. My last adoptee (the little tabby who hunts rubber snakes) was
two when I adopted her, and she had been in the shelter for a while and so
was beautifully socialized. (Most shelters it seems have volunteers who not
only clean boxes and feed, but also give the cats affection and attention.)
By adopting this sweet little girl who was found pregnant in a trailer park,
I not only avoided the havoc a kitten can wreak, but I got the most
affectionate animal I have ever had. Good for you for helping to get the
adult cats many pass over for kittens homes too!

Bianca L via CatKB.com
May 20th 06, 05:37 AM
I am really happy to hear you got someone to adopt from a shelter not only
that but an adult cat. I love it when people do that. It warms my heart. I
hope your co-worker and her new friend have a long and happy life together.