PDA

View Full Version : Indoor/outdoor to indoor ONLY

2Cats
May 20th 06, 10:18 PM
I have 2 cats that I'm sick of plucking ticks off them when they come
in from playing outdoors. My husband & I want to convert them to
indoor only. Does anyone experienced this issue and have any tips on
doing this?

Gail
May 21st 06, 12:22 AM
Provide them with many toys and window seats in the house. You can also
train them to harnesses so they can be walked outside with you. You will
need patience in changing them over.....
Gail
"2Cats" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have 2 cats that I'm sick of plucking ticks off them when they come
> in from playing outdoors. My husband & I want to convert them to
> indoor only. Does anyone experienced this issue and have any tips on
> doing this?

Frank Pittel
May 21st 06, 05:04 AM
2Cats > wrote:
: I have 2 cats that I'm sick of plucking ticks off them when they come
: in from playing outdoors. My husband & I want to convert them to
: indoor only. Does anyone experienced this issue and have any tips on
: doing this?

I converted my last two cats from indoor/outdoor to indoor only. It wasn't
hard at all. I simply refused to allow them to go outside. They weren't happy
about it at first but they got over it in time.
--

-------------------

Ryan Robbins
May 21st 06, 05:31 AM
"2Cats" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have 2 cats that I'm sick of plucking ticks off them when they come
> in from playing outdoors. My husband & I want to convert them to
> indoor only. Does anyone experienced this issue and have any tips on
> doing this?

Just don't let them out. If you want, take them out on a harness and leash.

2Cats
May 26th 06, 07:06 PM
It has been almost 1 week since I've let them out. I'm about to crack!
All they do is cry. The weather is finally nice so I've opened the
windows which allows them many choices to sit in and observe the
outdoors but I feel as though I'm teasing them by doing this. I don't
want to just give in to them but I can't take the crying either.

cybercat
May 26th 06, 08:17 PM
"2Cats" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> It has been almost 1 week since I've let them out. I'm about to crack!
> All they do is cry. The weather is finally nice so I've opened the
> windows which allows them many choices to sit in and observe the
> outdoors but I feel as though I'm teasing them by doing this. I don't
> want to just give in to them but I can't take the crying either.

Hang tough. After a while they will not even remember going out.
Do they try to dart out? If so, keep a coffee can of marbles by the
door and shake it at them when you open the door.

You are doing the best thing you could ever do for your cats. They
will be happier soon. Distract them with toys and food! Bless you
for keeping them safe. This is the hard part, it will get much easier.

Ryan Robbins
May 27th 06, 08:11 AM
"2Cats" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> It has been almost 1 week since I've let them out. I'm about to crack!
> All they do is cry. The weather is finally nice so I've opened the
> windows which allows them many choices to sit in and observe the
> outdoors but I feel as though I'm teasing them by doing this. I don't
> want to just give in to them but I can't take the crying either.

They will get used to being indoors. You have to be very patient.

BulletProof
May 27th 06, 11:59 AM
Ryan Robbins wrote:

> They will get used to being indoors. You have to be very patient.

you don't like my idea

get one of the neighbors to troll the house with a real scary mask
on...
scare the crap out of the cats.. they won't want nothing to do with
going back outside

they'll be parked under things towards the center of the house, talking
bout

"did you see that?, what was that?"

cybercat
May 27th 06, 03:49 PM
"BulletProof" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Ryan Robbins wrote:
>
> > They will get used to being indoors. You have to be very patient.
>
> you don't like my idea
>
> get one of the neighbors to troll the house with a real scary mask
> on...
> scare the crap out of the cats.. they won't want nothing to do with
> going back outside
>
> they'll be parked under things towards the center of the house, talking
> bout
>
> "did you see that?, what was that?"

The "Psycho" Guide to Cat Training, eh? It might work, but I bet they
would be awfully nervous for a lonnnng time.

Alison
May 27th 06, 08:04 PM
"2Cats" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> It has been almost 1 week since I've let them out. I'm about to crack!
> All they do is cry. The weather is finally nice so I've opened the
> windows which allows them many choices to sit in and observe the
> outdoors but I feel as though I'm teasing them by doing this. I don't
> want to just give in to them but I can't take the crying either.>>

Why have you decided to keep them in all the time?
Alison