PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Movie Reviews

CatNipped
May 21st 06, 03:40 PM
Yesterday we went to see "The DaVinci Code". It was OK, it wasn't as bad as
some of the critics have said, but it wasn't as good as the 3 months of
promotion leading up to it would have you believe. C+ / B-

But after we saw that we snuck into "Over The Hedge" (oooo, we're movie
criminals). That movie was so funny I almost peed my pants I was laughing
so hard. The commercials for it (as funny as they are, they don't do it
justice) don't include any of the final scenes, and that's where the best
laughs are. Even Ben, who is normally very reserved in public and even at
the funniest films only chuckles quietly, was bellowing with laughter. We
literally laughed until tears were streaming from our eyes and we were
having trouble breathing (you couldn't finish laughing from one scene before
another scene took you by surprise as even funnier). Don't wait to find a
kid to take to this movie, brass it out and go by yourself if you have to!
A+++++++++++++++!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

P No Gree G O
May 21st 06, 04:26 PM
CatNipped wrote:
> Yesterday we went to see "The DaVinci Code". It was OK, it wasn't as bad as
> some of the critics have said, but it wasn't as good as the 3 months of
> promotion leading up to it would have you believe. C+ / B-
>
> But after we saw that we snuck into "Over The Hedge" (oooo, we're movie
> criminals). That movie was so funny I almost peed my pants I was laughing
> so hard. The commercials for it (as funny as they are, they don't do it
> justice) don't include any of the final scenes, and that's where the best
> laughs are. Even Ben, who is normally very reserved in public and even at
> the funniest films only chuckles quietly, was bellowing with laughter. We
> literally laughed until tears were streaming from our eyes and we were
> having trouble breathing (you couldn't finish laughing from one scene before
> another scene took you by surprise as even funnier). Don't wait to find a
> kid to take to this movie, brass it out and go by yourself if you have to!
> A+++++++++++++++!

We're such huge fans of the comic strip (along with Pearls Before Swine)
that I think we better bring along an oxygen tank!

CatNipped
May 21st 06, 05:33 PM
"P No Gree G O" > wrote in message
> CatNipped wrote:
>> Yesterday we went to see "The DaVinci Code". It was OK, it wasn't as bad
>> as some of the critics have said, but it wasn't as good as the 3 months
>> of promotion leading up to it would have you believe. C+ / B-
>>
>> But after we saw that we snuck into "Over The Hedge" (oooo, we're movie
>> criminals). That movie was so funny I almost peed my pants I was
>> laughing so hard. The commercials for it (as funny as they are, they
>> don't do it justice) don't include any of the final scenes, and that's
>> where the best laughs are. Even Ben, who is normally very reserved in
>> public and even at the funniest films only chuckles quietly, was
>> bellowing with laughter. We literally laughed until tears were streaming
>> from our eyes and we were having trouble breathing (you couldn't finish
>> laughing from one scene before another scene took you by surprise as even
>> funnier). Don't wait to find a kid to take to this movie, brass it out
>> and go by yourself if you have to! A+++++++++++++++!
>>

> We're such huge fans of the comic strip (along with Pearls Before Swine)
> that I think we better bring along an oxygen tank!

We have lots of animals here that come and scrounge off of the kibble we
leave outside for strays - raccoons, squirrels, possums (BTW, this was the
*PERFECT* role for William Shatner - he was able to ham it up all over the
place - he took "playing dead" to new heights!) - we have everything except
hedgehogs. "Hammy" was *SO* like one of the little squirrels we have here
that it was just too cute! The writers and animators were able to somehow
capture the nature of each animal perfectly. And the expression of their
little faces was just priceless!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Cat Protector
May 21st 06, 11:48 PM
Actually, I thought the Davinci Code was great and I never even read the
book.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Yesterday we went to see "The DaVinci Code". It was OK, it wasn't as bad
> as some of the critics have said, but it wasn't as good as the 3 months of
> promotion leading up to it would have you believe. C+ / B-
>
> But after we saw that we snuck into "Over The Hedge" (oooo, we're movie
> criminals). That movie was so funny I almost peed my pants I was laughing
> so hard. The commercials for it (as funny as they are, they don't do it
> justice) don't include any of the final scenes, and that's where the best
> laughs are. Even Ben, who is normally very reserved in public and even at
> the funniest films only chuckles quietly, was bellowing with laughter. We
> literally laughed until tears were streaming from our eyes and we were
> having trouble breathing (you couldn't finish laughing from one scene
> before another scene took you by surprise as even funnier). Don't wait to
> find a kid to take to this movie, brass it out and go by yourself if you
> have to! A+++++++++++++++!
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

P No Gree G O
May 22nd 06, 06:56 PM
Cat Protector wrote:

> Actually, I thought the Davinci Code was great and I never even read the
> book.

I liked the book but I liked the second "prequel" book -- Angels and
Demons -- much better.