PDA

View Full Version : Arthritis

J King
May 27th 06, 06:32 PM
Anyone know of anything safe to give an aging cat for arthritis?

Joanne

Wendy
May 28th 06, 01:24 AM
"J King" > wrote in message
> Anyone know of anything safe to give an aging cat for arthritis?
>
> Joanne

Cosequin and Arnica Montana for the pain.

Trish
May 28th 06, 01:32 AM
"Wendy" > wrote in message
. ..

> "J King" > wrote in message
> > Anyone know of anything safe to give an aging cat for arthritis?
> >
> > Joanne
> >

> Cosequin and Arnica Montana for the pain.

I missed the original post so this may have been suggested so if I'm
repeating information I apologize. My cat is 19 and began showing signs
of arthritis about 2 years ago. I bought him a large heating pad bed,
its 2 feet by 4 feet. I keep it on low in the evening when I am home.
It works really well, he loves it and he seems to have much less
stiffness and pain (I measure this by how he walks when he rises and how
active he is) and the creaking noise in his joints have completely
disappeared. He's even jumping on things since about the last year or
so. I think he likes the size of it because he can stretch out and feel
the heat all over his body. It's a foam square covers with vinyl on the
side resting on the floor and thick fleece on the side he rests on. To
wash it I simply remove the foam and toss it in the washer.

It might be something you can consider for your cat.

Trish

May 29th 06, 12:33 AM
My gave my 15 y/o Metacam and it worked wonders. Susan

J King
May 29th 06, 09:46 AM
What is this? Can you get it in Canada?

Joanne