PDA

View Full Version : sore on nose

Grawun
May 30th 06, 09:53 PM
My 10 year old cat has a sore on her nose. I noticed it a few days ago
and since it seems to be larger. It started out looking like a little
red dent. It doesn't look infected. It doesn't seem to be painful. She
is an indoor cat . There are no other animals or people in the house so
I don't think it is an injury. I don't know if I need to be alarmed or
not.

cybercat
May 30th 06, 10:33 PM
"Grawun" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My 10 year old cat has a sore on her nose. I noticed it a few days ago
> and since it seems to be larger. It started out looking like a little
> red dent. It doesn't look infected. It doesn't seem to be painful. She
> is an indoor cat . There are no other animals or people in the house so
> I don't think it is an injury. I don't know if I need to be alarmed or
> not.

Cats are so stoic, I would take her to the vet to make sure she did
not hurt herself. I am sure this is not an emergency, does she have
a regular check up coming up?

John Kimmel
May 31st 06, 05:44 AM
Grawun wrote:
> My 10 year old cat has a sore on her nose. I noticed it a few days ago
> and since it seems to be larger. It started out looking like a little
> red dent. It doesn't look infected. It doesn't seem to be painful. She
> is an indoor cat . There are no other animals or people in the house so
> I don't think it is an injury. I don't know if I need to be alarmed or
> not.

Look up "Eosinophilic Granuloma". If that's what it has, it may be from
mosquito bite allergy.

http://www.fabcats.org/eosinophilicgranuloma.html

--
John Kimmel

remove x

"He's dead, Jim."

cybercat
May 31st 06, 11:11 PM
"John Kimmel" > wrote

> Look up "Eosinophilic Granuloma". If that's what it has, it may be from
> mosquito bite allergy.
>
> http://www.fabcats.org/eosinophilicgranuloma.html

My cat was diagnosed with EGC and she has gotten bumps on
her nose, but they are usually black. (That is likely due to her
coloration, she is a gray tabby.)