PDA

View Full Version : food for anemic cat advice requested

deet
May 30th 06, 11:49 PM
My 8 year cat has anemia, caused by borderline CFR. I was told that
food with liver would be useful. About two weeks ago I saw a Meow
Mix food that had liver and chicken , labeled conspicously on its
pouch.so I bought some. My cat loves it, but I never used this
product before , or saw any rating of it anywhere.and I am wondering
if I should continue to feed her this.

I have been feeding her marinated Fancy Feast products and their
Chicken and Liver Feast. supplemented with homemade poached split
chicken breasts or thighs, which she does eat, but never gobbled
anything like she does the MeowMix Cluck-a-Doodle-Do.

When I got around to reading the label, I discovered it had tuna in it
and is manufactured in Thialand. I think the tuna is a food to be
avoided for cats with CFR. I would appreciate your advice in this
matter.

TIA

--
Deet

Judy
May 31st 06, 04:11 AM
<deet> wrote in message news:[email protected]

> My 8 year cat has anemia, caused by borderline CFR. I was told that
> food with liver would be useful. About two weeks ago I saw a Meow
> Mix food that had liver and chicken , labeled conspicously on its
> pouch.so I bought some. My cat loves it, but I never used this
> product before , or saw any rating of it anywhere.and I am wondering
> if I should continue to feed her this.
>
> I have been feeding her marinated Fancy Feast products and their
> Chicken and Liver Feast. supplemented with homemade poached split
> chicken breasts or thighs, which she does eat, but never gobbled
> anything like she does the MeowMix Cluck-a-Doodle-Do.
>
> When I got around to reading the label, I discovered it had tuna in it
> and is manufactured in Thialand. I think the tuna is a food to be
> avoided for cats with CFR. I would appreciate your advice in this
> matter.
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Deet

My advice to you would be to give your vet a call. If it was your vet who
suggested adding liver to your cats diet - then is suggest you seek another
opinion.

Best wishes to you and your cat!