PDA

View Full Version : Banana -okay for cat?

RobZip
May 31st 06, 10:33 PM
Spot being the adventerous sort that he is decided to sample some banana
today. It surprisd me that he actually would eat it The texture seemed a bit
awkward for him but he really was intent on having it.

I seem to recall something about bananas having too much potassium or some
other element to be good for cats. Anybody got more info?

PawsForThought
June 1st 06, 02:06 AM
RobZip wrote:
> Spot being the adventerous sort that he is decided to sample some banana
> today. It surprisd me that he actually would eat it The texture seemed a bit
> awkward for him but he really was intent on having it.
>
> I seem to recall something about bananas having too much potassium or some
> other element to be good for cats. Anybody got more info?

I wouldn't worry about it unless your cat is only eating bananas and
bunches of them. A small amount of banana as an occasional treat isn't
going to hurt. My cats love cantelope.

RobZip
June 1st 06, 11:38 AM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> RobZip wrote:
>> Spot being the adventerous sort that he is decided to sample some banana
>> today. It surprisd me that he actually would eat it The texture seemed a
>> bit
>> awkward for him but he really was intent on having it.
>>
>> I seem to recall something about bananas having too much potassium or
>> some
>> other element to be good for cats. Anybody got more info?
>
> I wouldn't worry about it unless your cat is only eating bananas and
> bunches of them. A small amount of banana as an occasional treat isn't
> going to hurt. My cats love cantelope.

Nah, this was just a few thumbnail size pieces. He seemed most perplexed
about the texture and picking it up though. :) Once it got gooey enough to
stick to his lip, he pretty well slurped it right down.