PDA

View Full Version : leases for cats?

bge
June 2nd 06, 01:29 AM
My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do people
think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont let the
cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat out.

Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?

Matthew aka NMR
June 2nd 06, 01:32 AM
If the cat has never been outside it will be a major shock the leash
alone will be a shock it will take a while for the cat to even get used to
the leash

Is there a reason that they want to take the cat out

If the cat is an inside cat there is no reason to take it out if they want
him to have some air or something like that they make windows units where
the cat can sit in the window and get to smell the outside.

"bge" > wrote in message
> My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do people
> think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont let the
> cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat out.
>
> Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?

Joe Canuck
June 2nd 06, 01:59 AM
bge wrote:
> My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do people
> think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont let the
> cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat out.
>
> Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?

I'd never consider leasing a cat... seems rather unusual.

Grace Noble
June 2nd 06, 02:18 AM
"bge" > wrote in message
> My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do people
> think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont let the
> cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat out.
>
> Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?

Mine just has a month-to-month, and we let me go where he wants.

Kris Baker
June 2nd 06, 02:29 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> bge wrote:
>> My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do people
>> think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont let the
>> cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat out.
>>
>> Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?
>
> I'd never consider leasing a cat... seems rather unusual.

With San Francisco rents what they are.....

Kris

Wild Monkshood
June 2nd 06, 03:06 AM
Joe Canuck wrote:
> bge wrote:
>
>> My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do
>> people think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont
>> let the cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat
>> out.
>>
>> Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?
>

> I'd never consider leasing a cat... seems rather unusual.

I suspect this was intended for the alt.flea newsgroup.....

Wild Monkshood

Flash Bazbo
June 2nd 06, 05:16 AM
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:59:33 -0400, Joe Canuck
> wrote:

>bge wrote:
>> My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do people
>> think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont let the
>> cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat out.
>>
>> Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?
>
>I'd never consider leasing a cat... seems rather unusual.

This way you don't pay the depreciation associated with cat ownership.
However, it is only economical if you get a new cat every year. If
you tend to keep your cats for years then you are better off just
buying one.