PDA

View Full Version : help Comparing foods

Paul O.
June 3rd 06, 01:06 AM
My cat has been on Hills XD until just recently, apparently got tired of
that, I switched to Renal LP, he doesn't want that either. He just had a
check up last weekend and everything is looking better since he has been on
XD. I need to find something he likes to keep him eating that won't be an
explosion of protein. I have been looking and comparing the Fancy Feasts
Grilled and Roasted % of protein to the Renal LP and XD. XD's % of protien
is 28.90, and the Fancy Feasts are 11 and 12% for the two I'm looking at. Is
this too low to feed a cat. Seems most of their foods run between 11.0 &
13.0%. Thanks.

--
Paul O.

June 3rd 06, 05:13 AM
Paul O. wrote:
> My cat has been on Hills XD until just recently, apparently got tired of
> that, I switched to Renal LP, he doesn't want that either.

My 20-year-old has been on Hills KD for several years. He periodically
goes thru phases where he gets tired of it (can't blame him). When that
happens I mix an 8th of a can of something else in with it to give it a
different flavor. By the time I've used up the can of the other, he's
usually OK with going back to Hills KD. It's an option to switching
completely.

Good luck!

Alicia

Paul O.
June 3rd 06, 01:49 PM
So far he seems to be eating a 50/50 mix of the fancy feast and Renal LP.
Some months ago the vet prescribed Hills c/d. The opinions I got here was
that there wasn't enough protein in it for a cat that is not in full crf so
was able to change to x/d. I no longer remember what the protein percentage
of c/d is to compare it to anything else. Going to try and keep him eating
this way for a while, then try getting back to just the Renal LP. Thanks.

--
Paul O.

oups.com...