PDA

View Full Version : Stray cat sprays on porch furniture

Tamara
June 4th 06, 07:21 PM
We have a neutered male outdoors cat. There are at least two neighbor
cats, obviously not neutered, who come onto our porch to eat Blackie's
food. They spray on the porch furniture, the side of the house, etc.
Is there any way to deter the strays from coming to the porch WITHOUT
harming Blackie?
(Besides mothballs. It's hard to enjoy the porch when all we can smell
is the mothballs.)

Thanks

Buddy
June 4th 06, 08:10 PM
I don't know anything but mothballs. Maybe ask your neighbors to
neuter their cats??? Catch them and have them neutered???

Tamara wrote:
> We have a neutered male outdoors cat. There are at least two neighbor
> cats, obviously not neutered, who come onto our porch to eat Blackie's
> food. They spray on the porch furniture, the side of the house, etc.
> Is there any way to deter the strays from coming to the porch WITHOUT
> harming Blackie?
> (Besides mothballs. It's hard to enjoy the porch when all we can smell
> is the mothballs.)
>
> Thanks

AlexZ
June 4th 06, 11:41 PM
Tamara > wrote:

: We have a neutered male outdoors cat. There are at least two neighbor
: cats, obviously not neutered, who come onto our porch to eat Blackie's
: food. They spray on the porch furniture, the side of the house, etc.
: Is there any way to deter the strays from coming to the porch WITHOUT
: harming Blackie?

(1) Anytime you see them on your porch, squirt them with water.

(2) Can you feed your own cat inside? Without any food there, your
porch might become less attractive.

Morgen
June 5th 06, 12:01 AM
Try in the garage, too.