PDA

View Full Version : Ping: Barry


June 4th 06, 07:59 PM
Saw a bitmap you may like as a desktop background.

This is courtesy of a poster on Fark who is sharing it.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~obsidious/jpm_background.jpg

-mhd

mnemonic
June 4th 06, 09:35 PM
=======
wrote:
> This is courtesy of a poster on Fark who is sharing it.
>
> http://home.cogeco.ca/~obsidious/jpm_background.jpg

sweeet! thanks... very pretty guitar too..

I notice the guitar has 7 strings, I think they are used alot in ethnic
music, traditional guitars have 6 strings. and it's tuned a little
different I would guess.

I think that's my cue to plug into my little music realm this evening.
(after I get the country style pork ribs in the crock)
--

speaking of food, have you seen bushes new plan for beefing up border
patrol?

http://www.barryparrish.com/bushborderpatrol.jpg

June 5th 06, 02:35 AM
"mnemonic" > wrote:

>speaking of food, have you seen bushes new plan for beefing up border
>patrol?
>
>http://www.barryparrish.com/bushborderpatrol.jpg

Good one!

-mhd

June 5th 06, 02:38 AM
"mnemonic" > wrote:

>I notice the guitar has 7 strings, I think they are used alot in ethnic
>music, traditional guitars have 6 strings. and it's tuned a little
>different I would guess.

Wikipedia explains it as follows...
A Russian seven string is tuned differently than the Spanish guitar.
It is tuned in thirds instead of fifths, a G major chord as follows:
D', G', B, D, g, b, d'

The A major chord is simply a barré on the second fret, the B major is
a barré on the fourth, C major on the fifth, D major on the seventh,
and so on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_guitar

-mhd

mnemonic
June 5th 06, 04:04 AM
wrote:

> The A major chord is simply a barré on the second fret, the B major is
> a barré on the fourth, C major on the fifth, D major on the seventh,
> and so on.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_guitar

are there any big rock bands from Russia? I can't think of any right
off

no, I can't think of one, Bernie Taupin wrote about Nakita from Russia
(probably) EJ sang it, but..other than that, I can't think of one

Im thinking ac/dc came from russia, or was it megadeath...iron maiden..
no...

and I didn't even cheat and google "russian rock band"

oooo I can't stand it, gotta google it now

June 5th 06, 04:16 AM
"mnemonic" > wrote:

>Im thinking ac/dc came from russia

Australia dude!

-mhd

mnemonic
June 5th 06, 12:26 PM
wrote:
> "mnemonic" > wrote:
>
> >Im thinking ac/dc came from russia
>
> Australia dude!
>
> -mhd

lol, i didn't know that, I figured since we looked at ac/dc comic books
they was Made in USA... i figure russia was the last place...

Ridin' down the highway goin' to a shoooooowwwww

Gettin' robbed
Gettin' stoned
Gettin' beat up
Broken boned
Gettin' had
Gettin' took
I tell you folks
It's harder than it looks

Gettin' old
Gettin' grey
Gettin' ripped off
Under-paid
Gettin' sold
Second hand
That's how it goes
Playin' in a band

It's a long way to the top