PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Aussies among us: Food?

jmc
June 7th 06, 02:33 AM
Well, Meep comes out of quarantine next weekend. I'm not there yet
myself, but am trying to plan ahead...

What premium cat foods are available in Australia? I know Iams and
Science Diet (Hills) is. How about Royal Canin?

And, what's a good online pet supplies vendor in Australia? Just in
case I can't get what Meep will eat in the local area (we'll be in a
small town).

Thanks!

jmc

jmc
June 9th 06, 03:28 AM
Suddenly, without warning, jmc exclaimed (6/6/2006 9:33 PM):
> Well, Meep comes out of quarantine next weekend. I'm not there yet
> myself, but am trying to plan ahead...
>
> What premium cat foods are available in Australia? I know Iams and
> Science Diet (Hills) is. How about Royal Canin?
>
> And, what's a good online pet supplies vendor in Australia? Just in
> case I can't get what Meep will eat in the local area (we'll be in a
> small town).
>
> Thanks!
>
> jmc

Ok, so I guess there's no Australians around. Anybody know where I can
find this information? I can find Iams, Science Diet and Advance (which
I'm not familiar with) online, but I still can't find Royal Canin...

jmc

Kiran
June 9th 06, 06:04 AM
jmc > wrote:

: I guess there's no Australians around. Anybody know where I can
: find this information? I can find Iams, Science Diet and Advance (which
: I'm not familiar with) online, but I still can't find Royal Canin...

Start with Royal Canin's Australian website:
http://www.royalcanin.com.au/

Contact Info:
http://www.royalcanin.com.au/html/Contact%20us.htm

Email address:
Phone: (03) 9798 2022

Good luck.

jmc
June 9th 06, 02:27 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Kiran exclaimed (6/9/2006 1:04 AM):
> jmc > wrote:
>
> : I guess there's no Australians around. Anybody know where I can
> : find this information? I can find Iams, Science Diet and Advance (which
> : I'm not familiar with) online, but I still can't find Royal Canin...
>
> Start with Royal Canin's Australian website:
> http://www.royalcanin.com.au/
>
> Contact Info:
> http://www.royalcanin.com.au/html/Contact%20us.htm
>
> Email address:
> Phone: (03) 9798 2022
>
> Good luck.

Thank you; I've already sent them a query.

Jodi

Kiran
June 9th 06, 02:57 PM
jmc > wrote:

: Thank you; I've already sent [Royal Canin] a query.

Good luck, hope you'd a convenient source.

I am still trying to find a canned food that will be prefect from all
angles: protein quality, low carbs, no wheat or corn, low Phosphorous,
etc.

In that connection, may I ask how you selected RC to your brand and if
you compared it with Iams, Science Diet, Fancy Feast, etc?

jmc
June 10th 06, 12:46 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Kiran exclaimed (6/9/2006 9:57 AM):
> jmc > wrote:
>
> : Thank you; I've already sent [Royal Canin] a query.
>
> Good luck, hope you'd a convenient source.
>
> I am still trying to find a canned food that will be prefect from all
> angles: protein quality, low carbs, no wheat or corn, low Phosphorous,
> etc.
>
> In that connection, may I ask how you selected RC to your brand and if
> you compared it with Iams, Science Diet, Fancy Feast, etc?

Not so much reading labels in that detail; the big factor is that Meep
will eat it, consistently, and that it contains dl-methionine (sp),
which I understand is useful for controlling urinary PH. I was also
looking for - not specifically low carb, but where the main ingredient
was actually meat in some form. I couldn't actually find canned Royal
Canin in England so don't know if she'll eat it - she was eating the dry
Indoor formula well though.

A long time ago Science Diet made her a stinky kitten, and a few years
after that when I tried it again she wouldn't eat it - but apparently
she's eating it now in quarantine, so that or Advance (she's getting
Hills in cans and Advance in dry as I understand it) will be what I'll
get if I can't get RC.

Only 6 more days 'till we're reunited! Woohoo!

jmc