PDA

View Full Version : Low protein food?

Simba's Mom
June 9th 06, 01:57 PM
Hi My vet said my cat's liver is acting up just a bit and that I should
get a low protein food. I tried medical low protein but he won't eat
it. He's been eating Walthams SO PH Control food for almost 10 years
and won't eat anything else.
I'm a little worried about taking him off the ph control food because
he had crystals in the past, 7 years ago. But the vet said there's no
food that will do both.
Any suggestions for low protein food?
Thank you,
Simba's Mom

Kiran
June 9th 06, 04:09 PM
Simba's Mom > wrote:

: Hi My vet said my cat's liver is acting up just a bit and that I should
: get a low protein food. I tried medical low protein but he won't eat
: it. He's been eating Walthams SO PH Control food for almost 10 years
: and won't eat anything else.
: I'm a little worried about taking him off the ph control food because
: he had crystals in the past, 7 years ago. But the vet said there's no
: food that will do both.
: Any suggestions for low protein food?

I would get a 2nd opinion before forcing a major change in his diet.

Also, a phrase like "low protein" is not enough. What should that
protein be replaced with?

Carbohydrates (give him some/more dry)? Fat? Or plain nothing (which
means just giving him less food)?

What is he eating now, canned or dry? Sorry if you mentioned it earlier
but I don't recall and can't tell from the name.