PDA

View Full Version : My cat tries to hump me


Jeff Schwarz
June 10th 06, 06:13 AM
How do I keep my neutered cat (yes, he's neutered), from trying to hump me.

He must still have enough testosterone from organs other than his testes
(which are really gone, I've checked!) to make him horny and he tries to
hump me.

I can't spray him because the spray bottle isn't always handy when he starts
this. My vet said they can do some kind of retraining, but it costs
megabucks.

This is a pretty annoying feature of an otherwise perfect, affectionate cat.
Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks,
-Jeff

cybercat
June 10th 06, 07:44 AM
"Jeff Schwarz" > wrote in message
...
> How do I keep my neutered cat (yes, he's neutered), from trying to hump
> me.
>
> He must still have enough testosterone from organs other than his testes
> (which are really gone, I've checked!) to make him horny and he tries to
> hump me.
>
> I can't spray him because the spray bottle isn't always handy when he
> starts this. My vet said they can do some kind of retraining, but it costs
> megabucks.
>
> This is a pretty annoying feature of an otherwise perfect, affectionate
> cat. Any ideas how to fix it?
>
Redirect him to a pillow or a big toy, like the FatCat toys.

Don't punish him for a natural instinct. He just loves you and only has that
little cat brain to make the necessary distinctions.



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

Buddy
June 10th 06, 01:05 PM
Jeff

It isn't because of his hormones. This is the way a cat shows
dominance. He is telling you that HE is in control of you. You need
to tell him NO and put him on the floor when this happens. Be
consistant and he will get the hint.


Jeff Schwarz wrote:
> How do I keep my neutered cat (yes, he's neutered), from trying to hump me.
>
> He must still have enough testosterone from organs other than his testes
> (which are really gone, I've checked!) to make him horny and he tries to
> hump me.
>
> I can't spray him because the spray bottle isn't always handy when he starts
> this. My vet said they can do some kind of retraining, but it costs
> megabucks.
>
> This is a pretty annoying feature of an otherwise perfect, affectionate cat.
> Any ideas how to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> -Jeff

Buddy
June 10th 06, 02:08 PM
I am just telling you what my Vet said.


kurupt wrote:
> Buddy wrote:
> > Jeff
> >
> > It isn't because of his hormones. This is the way a cat shows
> > dominance. He is telling you that HE is in control of you. You need
> > to tell him NO and put him on the floor when this happens. Be
> > consistant and he will get the hint.
>
> no animal including humans the human species would hump anything unless
> it was horny
>
> bologna makes animals horny, or at least it makes women horny
>
> name me one animal that humps to prove dominance
>
> I think you're thinking about when an animal will pen another down, and
> the submissive one will roll onto thier back and say uncle

kurupt
June 10th 06, 03:15 PM
Buddy wrote:
> I am just telling you what my Vet said.

Wasn't it Niche who said that God is dead and faith has made him a
fool?
I mean, somebody said it, it must be true right

I don't think i've ever heard that mating is a means to dominance,
although a partner may submit after the fact - like when an
unsuspecting young man gets pussy whipped

he would sell all he owns for one more episode, and though you give him
many gifts, he will not be satisfied until he has one more taste


you never hear about a horse raping another horse, lol


there are some sickos out there who... may think they dominate by sex

at this point, I think it's safe to say that humans may use sex to
dominate

and while animals may louwar another by scent and body language
(begging)
I believe the instinct there is to propogate the species... although
the end result may be control... I don't think they started out to
control, they were driven by the instinct to multiply

with humans, the desire of the woman is towards the man, and that's not
neccessarily about sex.

~2óWorth~
June 13th 06, 01:18 AM
Occassional my (alpha) male-neuter humps the second (beta)
male-neuter. Chewy mounts Ambush and holds on to him at the back of
the neck just like the regular couples do. It doesn't seem to bother
Ambush as he will remain calm and still until Chewy finishes.

Often Ambush suckles Chewy and Chewy doesn't seem to mind. If it
awakens him, Chewy may get up and walk away, otherwise he will awaken
briefly and go back to his nap. I think Ambush was taken from his
litter too early because he used to "suckles" on my arm when he was
younger.

I wonder sometimes if I don't have 2 gay cats.

--
~2óWorth~


"Don't take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive."


"Jeff Schwarz" > wrote in
message ...
> How do I keep my neutered cat (yes, he's neutered), from trying to
hump me.
>
> He must still have enough testosterone from organs other than his
testes
> (which are really gone, I've checked!) to make him horny and he
tries to
> hump me.
>
> I can't spray him because the spray bottle isn't always handy when
he starts
> this. My vet said they can do some kind of retraining, but it costs
> megabucks.
>
> This is a pretty annoying feature of an otherwise perfect,
affectionate cat.
> Any ideas how to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> -Jeff
>
>

AZ Nomad
June 13th 06, 05:09 AM
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:18:28 -0400, ~2óWorth~ > wrote:


>Occassional my (alpha) male-neuter humps the second (beta)
>male-neuter. Chewy mounts Ambush and holds on to him at the back of
>the neck just like the regular couples do. It doesn't seem to bother
>Ambush as he will remain calm and still until Chewy finishes.

>Often Ambush suckles Chewy and Chewy doesn't seem to mind. If it
>awakens him, Chewy may get up and walk away, otherwise he will awaken
>briefly and go back to his nap. I think Ambush was taken from his
>litter too early because he used to "suckles" on my arm when he was
>younger.

>I wonder sometimes if I don't have 2 gay cats.

Nah. They were just weaned too early.

P No Gree G O
June 13th 06, 04:48 PM
~2óWorth~ wrote:

> Occassional my (alpha) male-neuter humps the second (beta)
> male-neuter. Chewy mounts Ambush and holds on to him at the back of
> the neck just like the regular couples do. It doesn't seem to bother
> Ambush as he will remain calm and still until Chewy finishes.
>
> Often Ambush suckles Chewy and Chewy doesn't seem to mind. If it
> awakens him, Chewy may get up and walk away, otherwise he will awaken
> briefly and go back to his nap. I think Ambush was taken from his
> litter too early because he used to "suckles" on my arm when he was
> younger.
>
> I wonder sometimes if I don't have 2 gay cats.

Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)

kurupt
June 13th 06, 07:49 PM
P No Gree G O wrote:

> Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)

I think I see your point

seeing that you have taken this occasion to infect us with your belief,
here's mine

you say
"> Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)"

I say

"There is something wrong when two males hump/suckle each other"